Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
If I'm Carey Price and Max Pacioretty I'd want off that sinking ship as fast as possible.

What a gong show.

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
Imo this a lose lose trade.

Remember that Nashville will be on the hook for a colossal recapture penalty when Weber retires

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I've seen two trades today that tell me that NHL GMs are terrible at judging talent.

Bingo. I don't know how many colossal blunders need to be made before people recognize that NHL coaches, managers, scouts, analysts, etc. are not necessarily astute by virtue of being associated with the NHL.

I've never seen an organization disrespect a player more than the Habs did to Subban. It's utterly disgraceful.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I cant believe it, journalists were basically telling to MB could you not have got more ?

Until the end, he didnt realize they were saying its an horrible trade

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
I'm neutral and have no horse in this race, but I really hate this trade from the Habs standpoint. Subban, in my opinion, is a more complete player and his intangibles off the ice (i.e. community involvement - especially with the Children's Hospital) are going to be a tremendous loss to the city and the organization.

Not that the return wasn't decent, but I feel that this was a pretty poor way to treat the class act that Subban has really become.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

I hope he retires with 1 year left. Just because it will be incredibly strange if Nashville has over 24 million in cap hit on a player not playing for them(or anybody), and it would be interesting to see how they would deal with that.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I hope he retires with 1 year left. Just because it will be incredibly strange if Nashville has over 24 million in cap hit on a player not playing for them(or anybody), and it would be interesting to see how they would deal with that.

There will be a new CBA by then.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Imo this a lose lose trade.

Remember that Nashville will be on the hook for a colossal recapture penalty when Weber retires

They minimized the penalty by trading him today. They're only responsible for his time in Nashville.

moon*

I've seen two trades today that tell me that NHL GMs are terrible at judging talent.

I have seen two that show that they are pretty great at judging talent.

Shero and Bergevin look damn good right now after the moves they made.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Weber and Subban, despite different styles and skillsets, are both elite defencemen. I see this as an even trade. Subban is younger, but Weber costs significantly less on the cap. I don't think the trade makes a ton of sense for either team, but I don't think either team got screwed. Both are in the same position they were in this morning, in my eyes.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Enormous trade. I can't remember a trade of this magnitude involving two mega stars. People start to bash on Weber now since he's playing for the Habs; one of the most hated teams. Objectively, a swap of two elite d-men. Who's better? It depends on each person's personal preference. But Subban is 3.5 years younger than Weber. That's why he holds more value in my eyes. But I guess Bergevin and his staff flat out believe that Weber is the better defenceman in order to go on with the trade.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Fans might not since they are in love with flash over actual ability and substance.

But a pretty smart group over at Hockey Canada have multiple times now put Weber ahead of Subban and they are a pretty decent judge of talent, Muzzin over Brodie not withstanding.
Elaborate?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Not sure why people are bashing Weber so hard. He is still an exceptional #1 D. His contract sucks but there's no reason to think he doesn't have 4-5 more very good years left in him.

Subban is the player with more value, but talent wise I think it's a wash for the next few years.

If weber stil has 4-5 more years left, Subban still has 9-10 years left

Sawski21

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh PA
Hurry up GMJR give them Kunitz for patches while they are taking older, overpaid players for their younger, better players! Make it happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad