Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faax

Mar 12, 2013
I really can't support this team anymore given how PK was treated, race seems to have played a clear factor

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm done. **** the Habs (Bergevin).

I'm almost at a loss for words. Awful, awful deal. Poile is laughing somewhere.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Montreal gets the better player, saves 1.2 million on cap hit. Nashville takes all the risk if Weber retires and this is considered a joke trade?

Shea Weber is one of the very best defensemen in the league, no questions asked.

Yes he is 4 years older, but this is hardly a joke trade. I can't even fathom HF sometimes

Subban, a few years ago, was a better player that had more of an impact in a game. Last year, he was a shade of his old self, and made way too many Junior like mistakes, and not enough plays to make up for them. I'm liking this trade but it might bite the Habs and MB in the ass later. We'll see.

That said, not like I have no bias, Subban was my favorite Habs player. But what I care most is the future of this franchise, the immediate future with Price in his prime. Weber still has good years. If Habs don't make it to at least the finals, fail on MB*. Let's say Subban still has a good 8-9 years in front of him. But what I want more is a cup in the next few years, with all the cheap contracts that will be expiring soon, after that period the team will be in rebuild as the core will all be past their prime. Shea Weber is better all around IMO and it makes the team more balanced in front of Price, assuming Markov can still play and Petry can step up to be a top pairing PMD.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Montreal gets the better player, saves 1.2 million on cap hit. Nashville takes all the risk if Weber retires and this is considered a joke trade?

Shea Weber is one of the very best defensemen in the league, no questions asked.

Yes he is 4 years older, but this is hardly a joke trade. I can't even fathom HF sometimes

WOW, someone who gets it!

Montreal will LOVE Weber. The guy is a stud! Thank gawd he is out of the Central!

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
It's almost as if age and contracts aren't considerations in those polls. . . .

He's probably wrong even not consdiering contract, I'd hope the vast majority of hockey fans realize that Subban is just a more effective player...especially today.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well, FWIW, Weber is used to playing on a team with no star forwards. This is a serious window trade. MTL needs to win... something... in the next 5 years. Right now they don't have the tools.

And Subban is with a promising group now.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph

Dude, wait until Weber isn't playing with Josi.

I don't understand why Montreal made this deal. I think Weber may be the better player next season -- though that's highly debatable -- but in a year or two it won't even be close: Subban will be miles better while Weber declines.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
BTW, the NHL must really like this trade. Having an awesome guy like Subban in an american franschise on the rise is great for their marketing team

TheGreat

Dec 5, 2012
Shea is amazing player , Top D , so i dont know if its as bad for MTL fans as some comments have suggested,

But PK is a sick dman too don't know why u trade him away ? Maybe MTL mangament/ coaching staff didn't like his attitude , I think the NHL needs more players like him though to be honest

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
LeBrun tweeting about the possible recapture penalties for NAS if Weber retired early and the replies are packed with people who have no idea about it.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Another fun fact:
Weber 20 goals last year
Subban 6 goals last year

31 years isn't that old for a #1 defenseman

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
When it comes to on-ice impact, the deal is really close, I see them as comparable players. But Nashville gets the younger player, a tad more expensive, and Montreal gets someone who old-school fans will appreciate more. It's not as bad of a deal as people make it out to be. Still like it a little bit more for Nashville, Subban had a down year and he was by most measures still neck to neck with Weber, who's not getting any younger.

By the way,the recapture penalty's still a thing. So don't count this as a clear win for the Preds just yet.

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
WOW, someone who gets it!

Montreal will LOVE Weber. The guy is a stud! Thank gawd he is out of the Central!

Weber is not that good anymore and hasn't been that good for a couple of years. I guess some people haven't been paying attention.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Another fun fact:
Weber 20 goals last year
Subban 6 goals last year

31 years isn't that old for a #1 defenseman

Let's see how this looks in just 3-4 years. Weber will be 35 when P.K is just 30. This was not a very good hockey trade in the long run. One of the worst in NHL history.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Doughty's up there too in giveaways. You can give the puck away more when you actually have it to begin with :handclap::handclap:

But please, continue using giveaways as a defensive stat.

Lmao. Ok. It's a positive thing to lead the league in giveaways 2 years running. When I think of amazing D, I think of handing the opposition the puck more than anyone in the league. Great strategy!! You upset that your team can't run Price anymore?

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Let's see how this looks in just 3-4 years. Weber will be 35 when P.K is just 30. This was not a very good hockey trade in the long run. One of the worst in NHL history.

Bergevin wont be around in 3-4 years, he does not care about long term.

FanaticalFan

Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
It seems to me a lot of people are making Weber's contract and the trade, out to be a lot wore then it is. By being a front loaded contract the actual money paid goes down each year. I see no no-trade clause so it seems to me the Canadians keep Weber for as long as he is worth his cap hit. Then when his play diminishes they offer him up to a budget team that won’t be hitting the cap anyways. Whoever they trade him to will probably give a deceit asset because of his name recognition alone, even if he is a 4-6 instead of a #1 defensemen, after all he will be paid like a #6 in actual dollars.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Weber is not that good anymore and hasn't been that good for a couple of years. I guess some people haven't been paying attention.

A lot of people just know the players by reputation and not actually watching them. I have seen at laest 15 games from Nashville and Subban > Weber right now. What a horrible trade for the Habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad