Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Brutal. Just furthers proves that bad blood had everything to do with this.

Its funny, throughout the years Subban had many opportunities to take subtle shots at his coach and the management of the team and he always side-stepped, turned the other cheek, and took the responsibility on himself for the issue of the day.

Meanwhile, Therrien and Bergevin could never take it upon themselves to say anything positive or supportive of Subban in the media unless they were completely backed into a corner and had no other choice.

Subban has every right to unleash a few twitter bombs at this point. He didn't get treated with nearly enough respect for what he did for the Habs.

What's also funny is that all of these supposed 'character' issues with Subban which are the likely source of this trade from Habs management's perspective are exactly the reasons why he will be so loved by Nashville. They are getting a flat out star D in the prime of his career who will bring more attention and enthusiasm to the market than they have seen since they became a franchise.

Faax

Mar 12, 2013
Just proof these new age Norris candidate defensemen are overrated; Subban, Karlsson, and Letang. All 3 of those I would package for a shutdown D and top 3 forward. Habs could and should have got more just because of the age difference so I guess they lost.

Which is why you're just some guy behind a computer screen and nowhee near a GM job

TofoEmptyNt

Nov 10, 2013
Ontario
What in the actual freaking hell is Bergevin thinking? I wasn't opposed to trading PK, but this isn't even close to an acceptable return, in either talent or team need. Classic over-reaction to a down year riddled with injury, including the then reigning league MVP for most of the year.
Bergevin and Therrien have officially screwed this team with their safe, defense first obsession. No creativity, no risk allowed.
Good news is PK now gets to play for a GM that likes how he plays the game and a coach who can't possibly be as stubborn or idiotic as Therrien.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Subban destroys Weber defensively, especially recently. He is actually good at suppressing shots and scoring chances...

Now we'll just see if Subban can carry Josi better than Weber could.

Destroys... lol... leading the league in giveaways is a good thing apparently. Check Toews social media and find out how sad he is that Weber has left.

lindroshomer

Jan 21, 2016
Ontario

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Montreal gets the better player, saves 1.2 million on cap hit. Nashville takes all the risk if Weber retires and this is considered a joke trade?

Shea Weber is one of the very best defensemen in the league, no questions asked.

Yes he is 4 years older, but this is hardly a joke trade. I can't even fathom HF sometimes

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Just proof these new age Norris candidate defensemen are overrated; Subban, Karlsson, and Letang. All 3 of those I would package for a shutdown D and top 3 forward. Habs could and should have got more just because of the age difference so I guess they lost.

If you consider a GM making one of the worst moves I've ever seen as proof :laugh:

WhiteWalker*

Which is why you're just some guy behind a computer screen and nowhee near a GM job

Apparently the Habs agree. They got the better defensemen. They only lost because of age difference and not getting a prospect or Top 6 forward with it. Karlsson or Subban team will never hoist the cup.

nostalrius

Le Hockey Armie
Nov 25, 2015
Berta's Couch
Another fairly even hockey trade (similar to the Hall-Larsson deal). The extra skill and offensive flair that PK provides is offset by Weber's grittier defensive style. The youth and age disparity is balanced out by the respective cap-hits.

Not sure why Montreal fans hate this.

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
Montreal gets the better player, saves 1.2 million on cap hit. Nashville takes all the risk if Weber retires and this is considered a joke trade?

Shea Weber is one of the very best defensemen in the league, no questions asked.

Yes he is 4 years older, but this is hardly a joke trade. I can't even fathom HF sometimes

Subban is a better player than Weber.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Destroys... lol... leading the league in giveaways is a good thing apparently. Check Toews social media and find out how sad he is that Weber has left.

Doughty's up there too in giveaways. You can give the puck away more when you actually have it to begin with :handclap::handclap:

But please, continue using giveaways as a defensive stat.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation

Knock knock

(Who's there?)

Cleopatra

(Cleopatra who?)

Cleopatra queen of denial

dirk41

Jun 9, 2010
Gotta love how bi-polar HF boards is. I am sure that if I searched in the polls section on Norris polls or Subban vs Weber polls, Weber would win everytime.

Now, everyone is up in arms declaring that Nashville robbed the Habs.

This place is so damn ridiculous...

It's almost as if age and contracts aren't considerations in those polls. . . .

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Taken from Preds forums:

Just seems really really huge. So basically Weber could retire at the end of 24-25 and Predators would get a cap hit of 30 million?

Yaeh, I don't get this. 30million RCP? How does a team even survive that?

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Conference with MG TSN right now. Im regretting not keeping up with my français

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad