Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
In my opinion, I think Weber is the slightly better player - Obviously that opinion will be disputed, but MTL likely felt the same way. They gave up the younger player for the better but slightly older player, a "win now" move I suppose? I really didn't see that one coming to be honest.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Who the **** is this guy on TSN 690 right now??? "No NHL GMs think PK Subban is in the top dozen of defensemen. Kris Letang is better than him."

Isn't this typical of Canadian media? The guy is the best in the world when he plays there but the minute he gets traded they start bashing him. It happens with most of the big name trades in Canada.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
I don't see how this helps either team. Habs lose IMO because of webers age.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
How does a GM not insist that a top 6 forward is thrown into the deal? A pick? Hell, a borderline prospect?

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
How many times did habs fans turn down some form of Hall + 1st + Yakupov in proposals. That's looking pretty good now. Ha ha ha. Terrible deal for MTL.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Weber is older, not as good and is on a massive contract that is going to destroy the habs for many years to come. on top of that, good luck to weber when he has an off-game. he's been in nashville his whole career. the habs fans will tear him apart when he plays crappy.

Weber is older however he matched PK in points last year while out scoring him 20G to PKS . PK led the league 2 years in a row for giveaways. Weber is by far the more complete player. PK is an offensive dman. MTL wins trade for now but Preds win in the long run. Cup or bust for Carey and Co. Dont think players will be taking liberities with Carey and the rest now. This comes from a Leaf fan.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Isn't this typical of Canadian media? The guy is the best in the world when he plays there but the minute he gets traded they start bashing him. It happens with most of the big name trades in Canada.

No no no no no, it was someone from outside Montreal!!! They called him, "Gord" or something like that when the ended the call. The guy listed 14 defensemen he thought were better (didn't list Keith, but did list Hjalmarsson lol).

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
as a habsfan i think bergevin is vanilla and brainless. From a rational perspective, i think trade is a wash for now. Maybe Weber better defensively. I think Bargainbin sees sergachev as his replacement in the long-term when this deal stings Montreal. Weber not that much older. will play entire season next year at 31...he should be good for next 4 years..that said...after that

pray sergachev becomes something special

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I know Subban is/was a fan favorite, but how about you guys open your minds about an idea that something might not have been AS COOL with Subban in the dressing room ?

Just maybe.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Weber is older however he matched PK in points last year while out scoring him 20G to PKS . PK led the league 2 years in a row for giveaways. Weber is by far the more complete player. PK is an offensive dman. MTL wins trade for now but Preds win in the long run. Cup or bust for Carey and Co. Dont think players will be taking liberities with Carey and the rest now. This comes from a Leaf fan.

Subban destroys Weber defensively, especially recently. He is actually good at suppressing shots and scoring chances...

Now we'll just see if Subban can carry Josi better than Weber could.

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
No no no no no, it was someone from outside Montreal!!! They called him, "Gord" or something like that when the ended the call. The guy listed 14 defensemen he thought were better (didn't list Keith, but did list Hjalmarsson lol).

It was Gord Miller.

He also said Jake Muzzin is better than Subban.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
that idiot on 690 was Gord Miller

What makes him an idiot? He's one of the best play-by-play guys in hockey.

I think someone needs to sit down and congratulate Poile. Although he's given up good players (Jones and Weber), he's managed to bring in Johansen and Subban. That team is setup with a ridiculous core for a long time.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
How much did Josi play with Weber? Habs don't have anyone to help him, how will he do with zero help in terms of puck carrying?

WhiteWalker*

Just proof these new age Norris candidate defensemen are overrated; Subban, Karlsson, and Letang. All 3 of those I would package for a shutdown D and top 3 forward. Habs could and should have got more just because of the age difference so I guess they lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad