Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Where can I find an advanced stats comparison for the 2 players?

I would recommend these: Just a bunch, where you can search up various stats:
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php
http://www.corsica.hockey/combos/
http://www.behindthenet.ca/

This one is more of a visual, I wouldn't recommend using this to make any significant conclusions as there are numerous things to consider when looking at the charts on this site: http://ownthepuck.blogspot.ca/

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
The thing about Subban isn't just on a hockey level, he was a great person off the ice and gave a lot to charitable causes in Montreal. That's going to sting. Shea Weber is no doubt a great guy too, but trading someone like that isn't good.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i really don't understand this one from Montreal's POV. I'm guessing Subban was a pain in the ass to work with. But still...

Glad Weber is out of the division though.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Just proof these new age Norris candidate defensemen are overrated; Subban, Karlsson, and Letang. All 3 of those I would package for a shutdown D and top 3 forward. Habs could and should have got more just because of the age difference so I guess they lost.
Yeah he was terrible in the playoffs. :popcorn:

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I don't see how this helps either team. Habs lose IMO because of webers age.

Poile's reasoning is solid I think. He wants to take the Preds in the direction he thinks the NHL is heading - focus on skill and skating. Subban fits that better than Weber, and his age is more in line with the age of the rest of the top 4. 27 (Subban), 26 (Josi), 26 (Ellis), 25 (Ekholm).

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Just proof these new age Norris candidate defensemen are overrated; Subban, Karlsson, and Letang. All 3 of those I would package for a shutdown D and top 3 forward. Habs could and should have got more just because of the age difference so I guess they lost.

Kris Letang's two cup rings and three trips to the Finals would disagree with that observation.;)

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
What makes him an idiot? He's one of the best play-by-play guys in hockey.

I think someone needs to sit down and congratulate Poile. Although he's given up good players (Jones and Weber), he's managed to bring in Johansen and Subban. That team is setup with a ridiculous core for a long time.

you should have just heard his top15 d rap on 690

Poile just fleeced bergevin I agree

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
How much did Josi play with Weber? Habs don't have anyone to help him, how will he do with zero help in terms of puck carrying?

Almost entirely, BUT you are once again under rating how good Weber is. He'll be just fine at moving the puck and any no.6 you put on a line with him will look like Bobby Orr with him. He helped Josi just as much as Josi helped him which is why it was the best pairing in the league.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Weber>Subban

This trade is quite even and wow what a blockbuster. Typical HF overreaction

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Poile's reasoning is solid I think. He wants to take the Preds in the direction he thinks the NHL is heading - focus on skill and skating. Subban fits that better than Weber, and his age is more in line with the age of the rest of the top 4. 27 (Subban), 26 (Josi), 26 (Ellis), 25 (Ekholm).

Nashville, never not having a sick D core.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
i really don't understand this one from Montreal's POV. I'm guessing Subban was a pain in the ass to work with. But still...

Glad Weber is out of the division though.

I'm glad Subban is out of the division.

Subban is and will be a better player than Weber for the next 10 years.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Nashville wins easily.

Weber is 31 and his style of play wears down his body unlike Subban who's less physical game will keep him younger longer. Subban is also 4 years younger and in the midst of his prime.

What was Montreal thinking? He should be their captain, not traded for an aging vet.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Why everyone on the thread about TC a few months ago for next world cup were picking Weber over Subban saying that Weber was way ahead Subban and now its the other way around?

Faax

Mar 12, 2013
Yea, I'm done with this team. Trade makes no sense at all. Weber is on the decline whereas PK still hasn't reached his peak, not to mention how niceit was having PK representing the habs given his personality.

MB is the worst GM in the league, hands down

WhiteWalker*

Yeah he was terrible in the playoffs. :popcorn:

He wasn't amazing. They won inspite of him in the toughest series for the Pens all playoff... The Caps. Stupid penalties left and right. Suspended for one of the few games they were outplayed they still won without him. Go pull up the Caps second win thread and look at everyone bashing him and wanting him traded. He was good in Finals but they could win without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad