Confirmed Trade: [MTL/LAK] 2024 1st (21OA) for 2024 1st (26OA), 2024 2nd (57OA), 2024 7th (198OA)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
? Completely disagree. That is a lot to give up to move up a few slots that late in the 1st round regardless of the number of picks they have. See what they do with it
A 7th pick is nothing. They have 2 relatively early 3rds so it's worth it even if you don't take into consideration any other treansactions made today.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
This is a critical draft for the Habs. Is 5 and 21 and a young NHL ready defenseman or a high pick in 2025 enough to start a conversation with Columbus, Anaheim or Chicago? It compares well to what Philly reportedly offered Columbus.

Reactions: Devonator

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Why do these keep happening before the draft is actually started and teams dont know who is going to be available?
Because 2 teams are dealing. If you wait the other team might take another offer.

This is a critical draft for the Habs. Is 5 and 21 and a young NHL ready defenseman or a high pick in 2025 enough to start a conversation with Columbus, Anaheim or Chicago? It compares well to what Philly reportedly offered Columbus.
You need to tell me who is the young NHL ready dman.

If its Mailloux, Hutson: yes
If its Barron, Harris: no

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Critical draft sounds like « most important election ». Being said every 4 yrs.
All drafts are important.
Especially when you draft 1, 5 and 5 in consecutive years.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Seems like a pretty hefty price for us to pay to move up 5 spots, but for me there is a "tier drop" in talent around the mid-20's range. This might ensure we get a player that I'll like a lot better than one at 26.

buffalo was likely being nice to SJ in their deal.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
They know the Flyers are getting ready to take Demidov at 4 and want a better #1 to give Columbus to swap picks with them.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
*Still have 10 picks this year

We've had tonnes of picks for the last few drafts as well, any move for quality over quantity is fine by me. Hilarious to see people pretend that 57 and 198 are some huge cost to move up in the first.

Wouldn't surprise me if we package 21 with more picks to move up again yo take a faller like eiserman.

Catton is another one if he falls that they could try to move up for.

Beendair Donedat

Don’t be a Jimmy Juice Arse
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
? Completely disagree. That is a lot to give up to move up a few slots that late in the 1st round regardless of the number of picks they have. See what they do with it
A late second and a 7th round pick is a lot?

I think it’s a shrewd move on Hughes’ part. The difference between 21 and 26 can be fairly significant, especially if you have a target in mind. Greentree or Boisvert (just because of the similarities in the translation of the names haha) or more likely in a trade for McGroarty/move into the top 10 if possible.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Because 2 teams are dealing. If you wait the other team might take another offer.

You need to tell me who is the young NHL ready dman.

If its Mailloux, Hutson: yes
If its Barron, Harris: no
Sure, the price to move up 1/2 spot is the 21 and Hutson ahahahah

Reactions: viceroy

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Someone preemptively prepare the Sarah Mcglaughlin montage to “I will remember you” for this 21st pick, it’s getting moved

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad