Confirmed with Link: [MTL/DET] Habs acquire Steve Ott from Detroit for 6th in 2018

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
did i mention Andrei79 or "many posters"?

Every time, and I mean every time Bergevin aquires a player, I have to read through wave after wave of posts on how horrible the player is, how dumb the GM is, how we gave too much, how we should've got this player instead, how it's a foxhole move.........

Yet more often then not, the player is decent, plays well, ends up playing well over his head. Bergevin has more often then not, won his trades.

Good for you man, if you hate opinions on a board where you have 7600 posts then that's on you.

I don't care about being right or wrong and I don't care if you or any other poster don't share my opinion as it's entirely your right to have a different view on things.

Mine, in this instance, is that Ott is barely an NHL player, based on what I've seen and the stats that support it, and that, despite the fact you saw other posters bashing Benn, since you seem to think those two things are related.

It's a move that brings little to a team that relies entirely on Price to win.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Always hated OTT but I think he could be usefull on the PK and when we need to win a defensive draw. The guy is a rat and can throw off the other players off their game but he can also take stupid penalties like the one he did vs us in November.
It's a double edge sword.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Seeing how much guys like McCarron acted like wussies last night, it's time to put Ott and that Colorado guy in the line-up.

Cody Mcleod is not someone you want Michael McCarron fighting.....He would be hanging on for dear life.

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
I'd rather see them sitting in the 4th row.

Personally I think you will eat those words speaking for Ott if he was truly useless he wouldn't have a spot in the NHL he would be playing in Russia now instead of Detroit/Montreal his value will out weight the criticism. I for one like most others posting on HF feel lack of top line scoring is a true need more so then 4th liners but 4th liners were foremost up front in this deadline MG I think needed to make these trades to help. Ben and King sure helped against the Preds thus far don't see why Ott won't help in the future when called upon. He still has value if not in Montreal Unrestricted in July he will play another year in the NHL.

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
Cody Mcleod is not someone you want Michael McCarron fighting.....He would be hanging on for dear life.

Then maybe he has no spot on the team? Not good enough yet to occupy a spot on the top lines or play a physical game against the likes of Cody Mcleod the problem with Montreal is too many players take spots just to fill them not because there capable to hold up against opponents that is because the guy drafting TT is guessing and not filling the requirements or needs. MB won't have to go out at the deadline every year and find a band aid for TT's mistakes.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
Good for you man, if you hate opinions on a board where you have 7600 posts then that's on you.

I don't care about being right or wrong and I don't care if you or any other poster don't share my opinion as it's entirely your right to have a different view on things.

Mine, in this instance, is that Ott is barely an NHL player, based on what I've seen and the stats that support it, and that, despite the fact you saw other posters bashing Benn, since you seem to think those two things are related.

This is either brillant irony or a complete inability to see another point fo view.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Then maybe he has no spot on the team? Not good enough yet to occupy a spot on the top lines or play a physical game against the likes of Cody Mcleod the problem with Montreal is too many players take spots just to fill them not because there capable to hold up against opponents that is because the guy drafting TT is guessing and not filling the requirements or needs. MB won't have to go out at the deadline every year and find a band aid for TT's mistakes.

Well all im saying is Big M don't need to be stretchered off the ice wasting his time on Cody Mcleod....His role is not to get beat on but to crash and bang the corners and get to the front of the net..........hard to do that when your sitting in the stands with a concussion..........Geeze wheres big bad Jared Tinordi???

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

He was at practice today practicing faceoffs with non other than Alex Galchenyuk......I understand that he's not gonna be the difference maker, but every player can bring something, especially seasoned vets. He also came on the recommendation of Kirk Muller for whatever that's worth....

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
He was at practice today practicing faceoffs with non other than Alex Galchenyuk......I understand that he's not gonna be the difference maker, but every player can bring something, especially seasoned vets. He also came on the recommendation of Kirk Muller for whatever that's worth....

:handclap: Excellent.

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
Well all im saying is Big M don't need to be stretchered off the ice wasting his time on Cody Mcleod....His role is not to get beat on but to crash and bang the corners and get to the front of the net..........hard to do that when your sitting in the stands with a concussion..........Geeze wheres big bad Jared Tinordi???

His role is to play on the 3rd or 4th line that is suppose to be crash and bang in the corners and in front of the net

Where is Jared Tinordi? With all the wasted picks Tim T made on the scrap pile!

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The majority of the HFFanbase dosen't like Ott and think he's terrible so they share their opinion on the trade = this place is toxic cry cry cry call 911

get real

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
Seeing how much guys like McCarron acted like wussies last night, it's time to put Ott and that Colorado guy in the line-up.

i think the word moumoune would be much appropriate... often it is better in english, but moumoune in that case is great :laugh:

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Andrei79;129039293 Ott is barely an NHL player said:
Ott is very good on the PK and at face-offs and all we gave up was a 6th, so a player that had close to zero chance in making the NHL.

When you give up next to nothing, you get next to nothing.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Its weird, it says this was posted today but it was clearly meant to be posted in the 70's...

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
His role is to play on the 3rd or 4th line that is suppose to be crash and bang in the corners and in front of the net

Where is Jared Tinordi? With all the wasted picks Tim T made on the scrap pile!

Tim T.......so you call him was forced into that pick because the goat wanted JT and moved up the draft to get him.

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
Its weird, it says this was posted today but it was clearly meant to be posted in the 70's...

Whether in the 70's as you say or now I never played or should I say wanted to play on a team a specific teammate never knew his role which I am still waiting to see Mikes spot in Montreal. In your mind were is Mike's spot or capabilities with the Canadians?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The majority of the HFFanbase dosen't like Ott and think he's terrible so they share their opinion on the trade = this place is toxic cry cry cry call 911

get real

Benn, Weber, Radulov, etc. were trashed also when they got signed/traded by a lot of HFFanbase.

They suck right?

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Benn, Weber, Radulov, etc. were trashed also when they got signed/traded by a lot of HFFanbase.

They suck right?
I don't think there was much trashing on Radulov. Lots of concern that he and MT wouldn't mesh but I'd imagine consensus was finally a legit top 6 forward.

Weber was "trashed" inasmuch as people thought the price to acquire him was too high. Even the most ardent Subban defenders acknowledged Weber was good, lots of people just felt Subban was better/will remain elite longer or disliked the fact he was traded to appease a ****** coach.

But this is a message board for opinions. The corrolary to your concern is that there were people here who defended the Briere signing to the death and those of us who hated the signing were proven right. Made for lots of threads spilling lots of digitial 1s and 0s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad