Value of: MTL-BUF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
great and thus the thread gets swallowed in bullshit.
As I've posted before there's a significant pushback
to anything habs related here simply because of the
number of wild habs fans takes on the main boards..
Cozens is a wonderful player but he's the same age as Dach
who has played terrifically since being acquired by the habs.
He projects as a 60 pt C this year if he stays healthy.
Caufield was on pace for 45 goals last year.
Like cozens, both were signed to nice long-term deals.

I understand why sabres / habs haters fans don't touch this as cozens is
more of a sure thing right now, but the number of posters
undervaluing caufield and Dach is ridiculous
You said in your previous posts that Dach projects to be the same as Cozens. Then you say he projects as a 60 point C this year if he stays healthy. Cozens was 2 shy of 70 LAST year. What basis do you have for saying Dach projects to be as good as Cozens exactly?

Reactions: EquivalentStay

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
You said in your previous posts that Dach projects to be the same as Cozens. Then you say he projects as a 60 point C this year if he stays healthy. Cozens was 2 shy of 70 LAST year. What basis do you have for saying Dach projects to be as good as Cozens exactly?
Buffalo scored probably 100 more goals than Montreal too though right? That's a factor. They're both nasty, I'd take Cozens due to his excellent long term contract but Dach has been great and looking more and more like the player he was drafted to be

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Buffalo scored probably 100 more goals than Montreal too though right? That's a factor. They're both nasty, I'd take Cozens due to his excellent long term contract but Dach has been great and looking more and more like the player he was drafted to be
Yes, They scored a lot more, due in large part to the 30 goals cozens scored while flanked by 2 rookies. Seriously, is the best argument to justify dach being as good as cozens really "well Buffalo score more goals..."

Yes....they do because they have players like Cozens. Cozens has out produced Dach at every level.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
he was on pace for 50 pts last year on an absolutely shitty team. As the team and Dach improves he should be able to get to 60 this year. As he matures, there's a good chance (he's playing on 1st PP) that he gets to 65 pts in the next couple of years. Before you get hysterical, I don't think he's as good as Cozens.. But he's 6'3 and learning how to play a 200 ft game.
In my opinion he projects close enough that the difference in trade value is not Caufield.
I also think Cozens has more trade value than Caufield. The C is always more valuable.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Geezus Christ, way too much value from Montreal.

I'd keep CC one for one for Cozens, and about Dach, experts expect him to step in the 1C shoes this year or the next.

Try a poll lol
Why dont you? Caufield vs Cozens it wont end up the way you hope it will. Tiny winger vs big centerman who produce at a similar clip. Not only that Cozens is on a better contract and has a better track record.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He's basically better at every facet of the game except shooting....the guy actually has finished with 30 goals in a season because he can actually take a beating in the NHL lmao. Nothing is better than actually being physically able to play games.
100%… You win Cups up the middle, and build teams up the middle. Montreal fans can like it or not, but you don’t build teams around either one of the other two mentioned. Cozens is trending to be a foundational piece.

It would be like offering Middlestadt and Skinner for Suzuki. Two lessor outside pieces for a lessor C…..

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
MTL: Caufield, Dach

for

BUF: Cozens

Just wondering what people think of the value. I think it’s kind of hilarious how MTL now has 3 out of the top 15 players taken in the 2019 draft, but still don’t have that elusive 1C they’ve been missing for 30+ years. Meanwhile BUF just nonchalantly grabs one at 7th overall in the same draft like it’s no big deal lmao. Habs’ inability to find one is comical at this point.
Habs say no, several times.

Buffalo have every right to favour Couzens. He may well become a ppg guy. But, Montreal aren't giving up a player who looks every bit a 40g scorer AND a second line center/winger with size for him. That's just not happening.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
great and thus the thread gets swallowed in bullshit.
As I've posted before there's a significant pushback
to anything habs related here simply because of the
number of wild habs fans takes on the main boards..
Cozens is a wonderful player but he's the same age as Dach
who has played terrifically since being acquired by the habs.
He projects as a 60 pt C this year if he stays healthy.
Caufield was on pace for 45 goals last year.

Projections and potential are always fun and nice. Hopefully those players hit them. I think Caulfield has a good chance to become a great goal scorer in this league. I am not so sure about Dach hitting his potential.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Projections and potential are always fun and nice. Hopefully those players hit them. I think Caulfield has a good chance to become a great goal scorer in this league. I am not so sure about Dach hitting his potential.
you could be right. time will tell

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
MTL: Caufield, Dach

for

BUF: Cozens

Just wondering what people think of the value. I think it’s kind of hilarious how MTL now has 3 out of the top 15 players taken in the 2019 draft, but still don’t have that elusive 1C they’ve been missing for 30+ years. Meanwhile BUF just nonchalantly grabs one at 7th overall in the same draft like it’s no big deal lmao. Habs’ inability to find one is comical at this point.
You shouldn't post when your impaired.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
One of the worst proposals on here. Dach is trending to be Cozens and has potential to still be better. Then we have to give up one of the best Goal scorers to boot?Yikes. This is beyond bad.

This is hilarious - why does Buffalo want caufield at all over cozens?? They have like 3 caufield equivalents already in benson, savioe and skinner …and cozens contract and position value far out rank him. Would not touch that trade with a 10ft pole
And we have 4 Cozen equivalents too. Other teams have 6. And some have 3 or 4 Caufield's too. What a dumb post.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Nothing. If we would even contemplate trading cozens it would likely be for a comparable asset on D. Montreal does not have a RHD in his low 20s with good size, good stats, on a good contract, that they would be willing to part with (as they shouldn't). That's the problem with this proposal, buffalo's needs are not being taken into account at all. Why would we trade cozens for a middling centre and spare parts when we have one of the best prospect pools in the NHL when it comes to forwards?

Hey, I'm ok with nothing!
I'm saying that we get f***ed if we send Caufield for Cozens straight up, let alone the insane/stupid idea to package Dach with him

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
One of the worst proposals on here. Dach is trending to be Cozens and has potential to still be better. Then we have to give up one of the best Goal scorers to boot?Yikes. This is beyond bad.

And we have 4 Cozen equivalents too. Other teams have 6. And some have 3 or 4 Caufield's too. What a dumb post.
Really you guys have plenty of guys who can play 2 way and put up nearly 70 points in season? Cozens also plays like 2 minutes less per game and doesn't rely on the PP like the Habs players do and that was with 2 ROOKIEs on his wing who put up like 35 points average last season imagine what he could do playing on a real top line. On top of all that he's relentless, fights, is a leader, and is easily one of our best PKers.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Not really. The Sabres have an unmatched group of prospect scoring wingers. Between Quinn/Peterka/Benson/Kulich/Rosen, they have a wealth of talent at wing. While that post might have been a bit hyperbole, it explains why the Sabres aren’t trading a top center for a winger

I'm saying that we get f***ed if we send Caufield for Cozens straight up, let alone the insane/stupid idea to package Dach with him

You do not get f***ed if you send Caulfield for cozens. Give me a break

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I was the third poster in this thread and I straight up said the Habs say no based on the value of caufield and dach for cozens. However, I disagree you would get f***ed trading caufield straight up for cozens and based on the poll, it seems like most other non-habs fans agree. The only ones voting that Caufield has higher trade value are habs fans. So either the habs fans are biased here and over valuing Caufield or every other fan is, for some reason, biased against the habs and for Buffalo. One of these is more likely than the other.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Not really. The Sabres have an unmatched group of prospect scoring wingers. Between Quinn/Peterka/Benson/Kulich/Rosen, they have a wealth of talent at wing. While that post might have been a bit hyperbole, it explains why the Sabres aren’t trading a top center for a winger

You do not get f***ed if you send Caulfield for cozens. Give me a break
Hey easy on the logic you!!

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Really you guys have plenty of guys who can play 2 way and put up nearly 70 points in season? Cozens also plays like 2 minutes less per game and doesn't rely on the PP like the Habs players do and that was with 2 ROOKIEs on his wing who put up like 35 points average last season imagine what he could do playing on a real top line. On top of all that he's relentless, fights, is a leader, and is easily one of our best PKers.
Suzuki will be a 70 pt 2-way C - and was missing Caufield for half the year.
Dach was also injured. Habs set an NHL record for man games lost last year so these guys were playing with scrubs and AHLers.
Rely on PP? do you actually watch games? Habs had 4th worst PP in the league last year. They don't score on the PP.
Cozens is a terrific player but try to have some context when discussing Habs.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Suzuki will be a 70 pt 2-way C - and was missing Caufield for half the year.
Dach was also injured. Habs set an NHL record for man games lost last year so these guys were playing with scrubs and AHLers.
Rely on PP? do you actually watch games? Habs had 4th worst PP in the league last year. They don't score on the PP.
Cozens is a terrific player but try to have some context when discussing Habs.
Dach had 16 of 38 points on the PP while Cozens had 18 of 68 points on the PP that's a pretty big share difference.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I was the third poster in this thread and I straight up said the Habs say no based on the value of caufield and dach for cozens. However, I disagree you would get f***ed trading caufield straight up for cozens and based on the poll, it seems like most other non-habs fans agree. The only ones voting that Caufield has higher trade value are habs fans. So either the habs fans are biased here and over valuing Caufield or every other fan is, for some reason, biased against the habs and for Buffalo. One of these is more likely than the other.

Other teams hate us because they ain't us.

And IDGAF about the poll, Montréal has a 40 goals or more scorer with Caufield, he ain't going anywhere

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I know Cozens is the player with the most value (being a center) in the deal but the difference between him and Caufield isn't Dach.

Reactions: Chose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad