Value of: MTL-BUF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
A) Bedard hasn't had 2 seasons in the nhl
B) he does have a point so you are wrong again

When did Caufield had the opportunity to score 40 goals? He was hurt last year and in 2021 we had the World's second dumbest coach ever that kept him in the minor (first is Dallas Eakins)

The worst part is that you get it because you defended Bedard right after

So yeah, wtf mate

P.S.: Caufield has 47 goals in his last 82 games

Last edited:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Dach had 16 of 38 points on the PP while Cozens had 18 of 68 points on the PP that's a pretty big share difference.
True and buffalo's PP was top 10.
That share difference is mitigated by the fact Dach played on a weaker, incredibly injured team.
Cozens is the better player. I'd like to see Dach stay healthy and fulfill his initial projections.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
When did Caufield had the opportunity to score 40 goals? He was hurt last year and in 2021 we had the World's second dumbest coach ever that kept him in the minor (first is Dallas Eakins)

The worst part is that you get it because you defended Bedard right after

So yeah, wtf mate

P.S.: Caufield has 47 goals in his last 82 games
Quite the opposite. I pointed out your bad faith argument in trying to equate a player with a whole 1 nhl game under his belt and a player who has had two seasons. Predicting the future of two such players is a completely different exercise and you have much more data to draw from the player with 2 nhl seasons. I don't think continuing this discussion is worth it considering you don't seem to grasp this concept. I hope Caufield turns into the player you think he already is. I really do. Enjoy the season.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Quite the opposite. I pointed out your bad faith argument in trying to equate a player with a whole 1 nhl game under his belt and a player who has had two seasons. Predicting the future of two such players is a completely different exercise and you have much more data to draw from the player with 2 nhl seasons. I don't think continuing this discussion is worth it considering you don't seem to grasp this concept. I hope Caufield turns into the player you think he already is. I really do. Enjoy the season.

Oh yeah, he had two seasons lol
Caufield played 46 games in his second year, talk about being of bad faith

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I doubt either team's fans would be interested in this as a deal. Caufield has so much untapped scoring potential and Cozens is the sort of center who teams just normally don't trade. This sets aside the acquisition cost for Dach or how he's progressed in his time in Montreal. Can't see either team doing it.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It’s always going to be impossible to talk Caulfield trade because Habs fans thinks he’s a 50 goal scorer.

Which…is true if you’re talking career.

• Haha
Reactions: DJN21 and Dogewow

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
One game does not make a career...but Dach is on a mission. Best game I've ever seen him play. He outplayed Suzuki as a 1C.

Don't bother putting him in trades because he's untouchable.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Love Cozens but hard no on this obviously... Dach might overtake Suzuki as Habs number one center in the next couple years, Chicago giving up on him way too early is a testament to them not him and if preseason is any indication he's ready to use his massive frame to his advantage

Debatable. Despite playing with Kane and DeBrincat he didn't produce offensively and had somewhat stagnated development wise. He was also a draft pick from the previous regime and while I'm sure Davidson wanted to keep him around, he wasn't going to turn down a lottery pick for him.

Personally I really wanted them to draft Byram and also think he should've spent his D+1 year in the WHL, wasn't ready for the NHL.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Dach boutta have a better season than Cozens and Coles gonna score 45.

Theres still time to edit.
Might be more productive at the 2 game mark considering the Sabres open up against the Islanders and Rangers. It is awfully hard to score against Shesty and Sorokin.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Dach boutta have a better season than Cozens and Coles gonna score 45.

Theres still time to edit.
Not going to edit because I never said I’d do the deal. They all have similar-ish value, although CC and Cozens are ahead of Dach, even though he has tremendous potential. I wanted to see what both side thought of the value, especially Sabres fans, which is why I balanced it the way I did (favouring the Sabres, imo). Of course Sabres fans still think it favours MTL, like I knew they would.

Don’t forget, these guys are all still very young and this could go any number of ways. Cozens could become a 100+ point center, Dach could become a point per game guy, and Caufield could be a 50 goal scorer. Or, any one of them could stagnate or disappoint. We don’t know for sure.

They are all from the same draft, and with MTL ending up with 3 of the top 15 players selected in that draft, I thought it would make for an interesting discussion. And it has been interesting indeed, to say the least, with both sides insisting they are getting the short end of the deal here. Even by the end of this season, the deal in the OP is going to look much different, and who knows which way things are gonna go. One thing is for sure though; both fanbases think their guys are going to have huge seasons. It’s going to be interesting for sure.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
I think it’s kind of hilarious how MTL now has 3 out of the top 15 players taken in the 2019 draft, but still don’t have that elusive 1C they’ve been missing for 30+ years. Meanwhile BUF just nonchalantly grabs one at 7th overall in the same draft like it’s no big deal lmao. Habs’ inability to find one is comical at this point.
You realize your argument make absolutely no sense, right? MTL had the 15th pick, it's not like they chose not to draft Cozens. They got Dach and Newhook when their value was lower, it's not like Chicago and Colorado would've traded them if they were dominant #1C

I'm not defending Habs scouting/drafting, but if you look back at the times the Habs drafted in the Top 10 since 2003 (where they picked Kostitsyn instead of Carter/Getzlaf), they got unlucky.
- 2005 they picked Price, which is hard to argue, even though Kopitar was probably a better choice in insight.
- They got Galchenyuk in 2012, the 2nd best center after Hertl, which mean a very bad draft class = UNLUCKY
- Sergachev in 2016, but there's no #1C after him = UNLUCKY
- Kotkaniemi might still end up the best C in 2018 (but far from the BPA)
- Too soon to say for 2022, Slafkovsky look good but Cooley might become a #1C
- 2023 is way too soon to call, but the 4 best center were pick 1-2-3-4, so = UNLUCKY

So, good for Buffalo to "nonchalantly grab one at 7th overall", but unfortunately, the Habs only picked 5 times in the Top 7 in 20 years, and most of them were either bad draft year for high end centers OR too soon to call.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
It’s hard to take an anyone seriously that thinks dach is even close to cozens. They obviously have no clue and have not watched these players play actual hockey…
Actually, at Dach and Cozens age, value is very volatile.

I actually watched both and Dach potential is very high too.

Maybe less of a scorer buth a playmaking beast with elite defensive skills.

Reminds me of Getzlaf.

Actually, trading Caufield AND Dach for Cozens makes no sense for Habs. Too expensive and a move based on short term vision.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Yes, They scored a lot more, due in large part to the 30 goals cozens scored while flanked by 2 rookies. Seriously, is the best argument to justify dach being as good as cozens really "well Buffalo score more goals..."

Yes....they do because they have players like Cozens. Cozens has out produced Dach at every level.
Come on, don't be of bad faith.

They scored more because they have way more depth in offense.
That means way better linemates for Cozens.

Saying that Cozens is WAY better than Dach when both are 21 is risky business. Things can change quickly at that age.

Dach and Cozens have similar potential roof, Dach is just slower in his development.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
100%… You win Cups up the middle, and build teams up the middle. Montreal fans can like it or not, but you don’t build teams around either one of the other two mentioned. Cozens is trending to be a foundational piece.

It would be like offering Middlestadt and Skinner for Suzuki. Two lessor outside pieces for a lessor C…..
Not a good example, Skinner is 32, both Dach and Caufield are 22.

Would you do Mittlestadt and Quinn/Benson for Suzuki?

Last edited:

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
I'm a Habs fan and I totally agree that actually, Cozens has more value than Caufield.

It's not even debatable as far as I'm concerned.

But some Sabres fans here clearly underestimate Dach value. This guy's might have had a slower development curve than Cozens, but his potential is up to the roof.

Wouldn't be surprised that when everything will be said and done about their respective career, that they had equivalent ones.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Since you're asking value of, it's way off.

If Buffalo wanted to move cozens, they'd never get close to the return of caufield and dach.

If Montreal wanted to move caufield and dach, they'd trade in separate packages for lesser players than cozens. Or add to a single player with picks and prospects.

Montreal is a better team keeping caufield and dach.

Can't speak for buffalo

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad