Value of: MTL-BUF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Lol BUF fans are still saying no, so it can’t be that far off value-wise. What about if Dach was switched out for Newhook?
You're not getting Caufield. Period. Montreal hasn't had a 50 goal scorer in ages and Caufiekd looks like he could hit that mark. Plus he has great chemistry with Suzuki. So why would Montreal move him

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Cozens is not better than Caufield and likely not Dach. Don't see why Buffalo wwould want more forwards though.
He's better than both. Are you serious?

Is this a joke?
I wouldnt even do it 1on 1 with Caufield
Every other fan in the league would though.

You're not getting Caufield. Period. Montreal hasn't had a 50 goal scorer in ages and Caufiekd looks like he could hit that mark. Plus he has great chemistry with Suzuki. So why would Montreal move him
Because they get a better player in return.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
I don’t see Buffalo making a trade with any team unless the return is a top 4 RHD or a goalie to share the net with Levi. Otherwise, let the kids grow.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Lmao homers on both sides outraged. Both sides have used the “is this a joke” canned response, and I believe both side have now said they “wouldn’t touch this deal with a 10 foot pole”.

It isn’t a team need thing either because MTL needs a potential 1C, and every team including BUF could use a potential 40-50 goal scorer, plus BUF would still be getting a top-6 C in return.

THE OUTRAGE!! Lmao

• Haha
Reactions: beowulf

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
lmao Cozens is younger than Dach and had more points last season than Dach did in his last 2 combined.
While I agree Cozens is better, I'm not sure a whole two weeks of age makes a difference. :laugh:

Lmao homers on both sides just outraged. Both sides have used the “is this a joke” canned response, and I believe both side have now said they “wouldn’t touch this deal with a 10 foot pole”.

It isn’t a team need thing either because MTL needs a potential 1C, and every team including BUF could use a potential 40-50 goal scorer, plus BUF would still be getting a top-6 C in return.

THE OUTRAGE!! Lmao
Your proposal sucks, just deal with it silently rather than expressing yourself with posts like this.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
While I agree Cozens is better, I'm not sure a whole two weeks of age makes a difference. :laugh:

Your proposal sucks, just deal with it silently rather than expressing yourself with posts like this.
How about leave if you’re gonna get all pissy. If you don’t like the thread, don’t participate. It’s a simple concept.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
That’s why it’s a “value of” thread and not a proposal. Ignore the team situations, and focus on the value of the deal.
The value is always linked to the team situations, outside of that there is no value. A team that has no good centers would value Cozens very highly, Buffalo, for which he is filling a role of a top-six center and who would have a massive hole in that position if they let him go, will value him highly, while a team like Edmonton would have little use for him right now and thus not see nearly as much value.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
The value is always linked to the team situations, outside of that there is no value. A team that has no good centers would value Cozens very highly, Buffalo, for which he is filling a role of a top-six center and who would have a massive hole in that position if they let him go, will value him highly, while a team like Edmonton would have little use for him right now and thus not see nearly as much value.
If that’s how you wanna look at it, cool. Not everyone else has to though.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Mittelstadt could fill his role but there's zero need for Caufield and Dach.
It would have to be a good goalie and great defenseman involved in a trade.

And to those saying Cozens isn't better than any of them, he could take both down in a fight in a 2 vs 1. Heck, throw their dads in and he'll smash 'em bloody too.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Habs fan here, I really like Dach since his draft (and Cozens too) but Cozens has proven more while remaining healthy and is signed long term to a reasonable deal for a 60-70pt 2C With upside. BUF wants to contend, why would they get weaker down the middle ? Hence BUF likely does not do this.

Is the difference between Dach and Cozens a Caufield though ? Certainly not. Hence MTL does not do it. They would have to find yet another Caufield, which would set them back.

Reactions: Chose

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Both teams say no because there's no reason for either team to move these players.

The reason is to take an indirect shot at Suzuki. The whole Habs don't have a #1C garbage narrative at work. I'm sure most of those would go away if his name was like Tremblay or something. Disgusting.

And to those saying Cozens isn't better than any of them, he could take both down in a fight in a 2 vs 1. Heck, throw their dads in and he'll smash 'em bloody too.

If you wanna play that game Arber Xhekaj could biatch slap every Sabre that ever drew breath. And just wait until his kid brother Florian shows up.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
The reason is to take an indirect shot at Suzuki. The whole Habs don't have a #1C garbage narrative at work. I'm sure most of those would go away if his name was like Tremblay or something. Disgusting.
Never heard of a 1C that’s 70th in league scoring in their best season. And tone down the histrionics. Imagine being this upset over hockey opinions with everything going on in the world.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Never heard of a 1C that’s 70th in league scoring in their best season. And tone down the histrionics. Imagine being this upset over hockey opinions with everything going on in the world.

What about 62nd?

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
First off, Buffalo is not trading Cozens. He’s signed long term and part of the core. Just starting to come into his own. He wants to play in Buffalo. He is a two way center.

Montreal isn’t trading Dach. They just got him. They believe that he can be better than he has been playing. It’s a gamble

Canfield is a fan favorite and is likely not traded either. So I believe this is not a trade proposal but a who is better discussion and probably does not belong in this thread

Buffalo does not need wingers despite the good player that Caufield is. Buffalo and Montreal not good trade partners as they are in same division.

But if buffalo wanted a winger like Caufield and wanted to trade Cozens and believed in Dach and could trade reasonably with Montreal then the value is reasonable

But it will never never happen

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
First off, Buffalo is not trading Cozens. He’s signed long term and part of the core. Just starting to come into his own. He wants to play in Buffalo. He is a two way center.

Montreal isn’t trading Dach. They just got him. They believe that he can be better than he has been playing. It’s a gamble

Canfield is a fan favorite and is likely not traded either. So I believe this is not a trade proposal but a who is better discussion and probably does not belong in this thread

Buffalo does not need wingers despite the good player that Caufield is. Buffalo and Montreal not good trade partners as they are in same division.

But if buffalo wanted a winger like Caufield and wanted to trade Cozens and believed in Dach and could trade reasonably with Montreal then the value is reasonable

But it will never never happen
You are completely correct but Buffalo could use a winger or two but really just for a season. Forwards will be backfilled in a year.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I prefer Suzuki at 1C with Caufield at W and Dach as 2C than Suzuki/Cozens fighting for 1C.

Unless it comes via FA or draft, I do no think we need an upgrade at C. If anything the forward position we need to address is RW.

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
Also, Dach is trending well. Development is not linear. He might end up being better than Suzuki and we will have that big #1 center we dreamed about for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad