Msg cable options

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
They need to put MY NY Riptide away games on MSG+ along with airing the home games as they’ve been doing. Please and thank you Mr. Dolan.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Appears that MSG+ will launch in 2 days. Replaces MSG GO. My expectations are set very low.

App Download available on June 28

For the cord cutters - Subscription price below
Currently have Amazon Firestick, using Fubo as an app for MSG
Just checked this am, looked everywhere, this app not available yet.
Others pls verify.
Am super busy.
Would like to get MSG starting Oct 1 -- presum it is up + running w'no/min issues -- and other option for bal of programming, or force Fubo to give lower price for basic service

Pls advise/confirm app is available, incl Firestick platform, and working fine, and if price is actually as advertised.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Have cut ties w/Fubo, suspending service ftm.
Using other for basic needs.

Again, not finding MSG app, pls advise we are confirmed it is available
thnx

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
MSG Go app on my phone automatically became MSG+ and I was able to get in and watch live programming.

You have to register with an email. Then it has 3 access options, one of which is existing cable provider (me).

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
MSG Go app on my phone automatically became MSG+ and I was able to get in and watch live programming.

You have to register with an email. Then it has 3 access options, one of which is existing cable provider (me).
Thank you.
Pls advise where I find link to register.
Greatly appreciate the courtesy.

Am pinching pennies till I sell a coupla guitars and have some $$ coming in, so I may hold off adding this until Oct 1.
Please let me know how your app performs....
satisfactory connection? good reception? etc

best

bern

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Thank you.
Pls advise where I find link to register.
Greatly appreciate the courtesy.

Am pinching pennies till I sell a coupla guitars and have some $$ coming in, so I may hold off adding this until Oct 1.
Please let me know how your app performs....
satisfactory connection? good reception? etc

best

bern

I think you download the app to your phone first and when you open the app, it will ask you to register before you can proceed and do anything else. I find that the app simplifies content presentation and navigation, and there are buttons that let you toggle between MSG and MSGN. (Should make @LokiDog happy from a professional standpoint.) I didn't experience any hiccups other than stuttering audio on MSGN that was later fixed.

Reactions: LokiDog

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think you download the app to your phone first and when you open the app, it will ask you to register before you can proceed and do anything else. I find that the app simplifies content presentation and navigation, and there are buttons that let you toggle between MSG and MSGN. (Should make @LokiDog happy from a professional standpoint.) I didn't experience any hiccups other than stuttering audio on MSGN that was later fixed.
Got that.
But what if you are like bern, and to signif minimize identity theft, and avoid getting carpal tunnel syndrome as you age, you only so phone for calls, and emails for laptop? That approach is most comfortable for me.
Usually whoever is providing the source to the app via phone can/will make it available additionally, esp since it is understood end product is not intended to be viewed exclusively on a phone, and arguably is intended to be viewed on a bigger screen.

I am temporarily inundated. Understand the source must be somewhere likely via MSG, but would appreciate if given what your experience was on your phone, you could identify source of where you got your app, or at least reduce the scope of my search.

Thanks much

bern
ps -- what does @LokiDog do?

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Got that.
But what if you are like bern, and to signif minimize identity theft, and avoid getting carpal tunnel syndrome as you age, you only so phone for calls, and emails for laptop? That approach is most comfortable for me.
Usually whoever is providing the source to the app via phone can/will make it available additionally, esp since it is understood end product is not intended to be viewed exclusively on a phone, and arguably is intended to be viewed on a bigger screen.

I am temporarily inundated. Understand the source must be somewhere likely via MSG, but would appreciate if given what your experience was on your phone, you could identify source of where you got your app, or at least reduce the scope of my search.

Thanks much

bern

I used to design the interface and layout of websites and apps - not so much the aesthetics, although I’d consult on color choice, contrast, visibility, accessibility for visually impaired, hearing impaired, etc. - but more so the functionality and ease of use. UX - user experience. Some disciplines refer to it as user centered or human centered design.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I used to design the interface and layout of websites and apps - not so much the aesthetics, although I’d consult on color choice, contrast, visibility, accessibility for visually impaired, hearing impaired, etc. - but more so the functionality and ease of use. UX - user experience. Some disciplines refer to it as user centered or human centered design.
very impressive

crushed next wk or so, but want to share something hopeful w/you once I can

all best
bern

Reactions: LokiDog

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Got that.

Thanks much

bern

msgplus dot tv

Reactions: bernmeister

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
IMG_3951.jpeg

I have a cable login but good luck if you don’t. Those are some wild subscription options.

Reactions: Kocur26

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
View attachment 728395

I have a cable login but good luck if you don’t. Those are some wild subscription options.
Honestly, this plus sling is are less than the price of Fubo and that combo wouldn't lack the TBS games that Fubo alone does.

So I see that as a very small win. If you were streaming only, you'd need Fubo for MSG, and then Sling for occasional TBS games which was so darn costly.

I literally do not watch broadcast tv except for rangers games, so this is actually still a decent value.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I just received an MSG+ marketing email. Will it stream EVERY game? Any blackouts? What about games on ESPN?
It will show only games that are broadcast ON MSG. Any national exclusives will not be available through the MSG app

• Wow
Reactions: yrrebbor

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Maybe not the right thread but where can you watch full game replays now? Is it on ESPN+ or the NHL App? Or nowhere?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Maybe not the right thread but where can you watch full game replays now? Is it on ESPN+ or the NHL App? Or nowhere?
Msg+ (will have to see after today's game if the library continues to keep old ones) but they have the game uploaded after.
ESPN+ uploads them as you can pause, rewind, etc. Blackout games have like a 24 or so wait.
NHL app. Not available here so I can't tell you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad