Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
The only way I see Dvorsky coming back to the O is maybe after the World Juniors. Barring some sort of miracle, it'll be too late for the team to build to be a serious threat. Off to the highest bidder.
Sudbury is trying to get in on Barlow so obviously they want to go for it

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Why would Barlow waive his no trade clause to come to a non contender makes no sense whatsoever. Even if they offered the house he would never report. Hoping Davorsky and Goyette could possibly returning is nothing short of wishful thinking. They both have outgrown the league, AHL is the wiser choice don’t you think?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Why would Barlow waive his no trade clause to come to a non contender makes no sense whatsoever. Even if they offered the house he would never report. Hoping Davorsky and Goyette could possibly returning is nothing short of wishful thinking. They both have outgrown the league, AHL is the wiser choice don’t you think?
I’m sure they offered half of what everyone else did anyways. Bruce, Coughlin and a pick or two probably based on previous trade talks. he thinks everyone else is stupid

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
they are average but it’s pre-season, results are meaningless
None of the top d were in the game and the number on goalie for the wolves didn't play. Projected back up gave up 1 and the 3rd string gave up 3. Ssm played their starter I believe.

We get to see the boys live and in person this week. Will be intriguing to see the line up and how they play against another team.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
None of the top d were in the game and the number on goalie for the wolves didn't play. Projected back up gave up 1 and the 3rd string gave up 3. Ssm played their starter I believe.

We get to see the boys live and in person this week. Will be intriguing to see the line up and how they play against another team.
Nope there starter was in the press box…

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Update on cuts, Wreggitt and Smith were assigned to Jr A. Soo Eagles and Stoufville Spirit respectively. Leaves us with 27 players, imagine 2 goalies will be cut soon.

wolves truefan

Sep 11, 2023
Update on cuts, Wreggitt and Smith were assigned to Jr A. Soo Eagles and Stoufville Spirit respectively. Leaves us with 27 players, imagine 2 goalies will be cut soon.
so will wolves go with 7 or 8 defenseman if 8 no one to be cut, but believe will go with 7 my feeling odell is one cut

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Feels like Horgan has to be the odd man out. Jackson and Blonda are better offensively and younger, and Horgan is likely the worst guy defensively of the remainder while also being one of the oldest.

Leaves them with something like this, balancing rookies with experience.

Jackson - McCoy
DeAngelis - Bruce
Blonda - Ewles
O'Dell

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Feels like Horgan has to be the odd man out. Jackson and Blonda are better offensively and younger, and Horgan is likely the worst guy defensively of the remainder while also being one of the oldest.

Leaves them with something like this, balancing rookies with experience.

Jackson - McCoy
DeAngelis - Bruce
Blonda - Ewles
O'Dell
That's about what I was thinking. Just have to let blonda and Jackson battle for the top 2 spot, but for what I hear blonda needs to work on his d and when to jump in the rush.

I haven't seen much of him.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
That's about what I was thinking. Just have to let blonda and Jackson battle for the top 2 spot, but for what I hear blonda needs to work on his d and when to jump in the rush.

I haven't seen much of him.
Jackson is more ready for 5 on 5 play at the OHL level. I do think they need to have Blonda QB'ing the 2nd PP unit. Focus on that development in game and work on the defence in practice. By the end of the year he'll hopefully be ready for top 4 ice time. Important for people to remember that even by rookie standards, Blonda is very young, does not turn 16 until November.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Jackson is more ready for 5 on 5 play at the OHL level. I do think they need to have Blonda QB'ing the 2nd PP unit. Focus on that development in game and work on the defence in practice. By the end of the year he'll hopefully be ready for top 4 ice time. Important for people to remember that even by rookie standards, Blonda is very young, does not turn 16 until November.
Yep it takes time, he's like Henderson late birthday, he was our U18 draft but turns 17 in December.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Interesting, a late invite to camp 19 year old Tayjon Street, who was at London camp

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Interesting, a late invite to camp 19 year old Tayjon Street, who was at London camp
From everything I've heard on him, this is the type of guy would could easily push someone out of the bottom 6 under Barney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad