Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SudWolf

Aug 20, 2024
So much hinges on Dvorsky this year. I imagine that he has at least a 50% chance of making the St. Louis Blues.

If Dvorsky comes back, then the Wolves are a middle of the pack team (4th, 5th or 6th place finish). If he doesn't come back then the Wolves quite possibly miss the playoffs.

For those reasons, it makes most sense for Papineau to stay in a holding pattern until that domino falls.

If Dvorsky doesn't come back then Musty gets traded for draft picks for sure.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
So much hinges on Dvorsky this year. I imagine that he has at least a 50% chance of making the St. Louis Blues.

If Dvorsky comes back, then the Wolves are a middle of the pack team (4th, 5th or 6th place finish). If he doesn't come back then the Wolves quite possibly miss the playoffs.

For those reasons, it makes most sense for Papineau to stay in a holding pattern until that domino falls.

I don't see us missing the playoffs with Niagara and Peterborough. It's possible but I don't see it as likely.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

If Dvorsky doesn't make the Blues he can be sent to the AHL. He's not coming back.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Still a few cuts to make before the season 1 - 2 forwards, 2-3 defence and 1-2 goalies.

Of that 1-2 likely from 2024 draft we have Blonda, Dean, Douchet, Wreiggitt and Smith signed.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Still a few cuts to make before the season 1 - 2 forwards, 2-3 defence and 1-2 goalies.

Of that 1-2 likely from 2024 draft we have Blonda, Dean, Douchet, Wreiggitt and Smith signed.
Wreiggitt will get playing in the Soo this season

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Wreiggitt will get playing in the Soo this season
I'd imagine unless Smith takes a job he is sent to Espanola or the Cubs. Don't want to sit Smith in the press box all year when he can play

With McCoy, Deangelis, Ewels, Blonda that leaves 2 regular slots and 1 to 2 extras for one of Bruce, O'Dell, Horgan, Jackson. I can see them keeping Jackson, Bruce and O'Dell with Horgan going to Espanola. If they keep Smith it's a toss between Bruce and O'Dell going down.

Have to think Wolves go Chucky and Gaulton in net maybe keep Finn. Not sure what happens with forwards but likely Kohan and Booth cut.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I'd imagine unless Smith takes a job he is sent to Espanola or the Cubs. Don't want to sit Smith in the press box all year when he can play

With McCoy, Deangelis, Ewels, Blonda that leaves 2 regular slots and 1 to 2 extras for one of Bruce, O'Dell, Horgan, Jackson. I can see them keeping Jackson, Bruce and O'Dell with Horgan going to Espanola. If they keep Smith it's a toss between Bruce and O'Dell going down.

Have to think Wolves go Chucky and Gaulton in net maybe keep Finn. Not sure what happens with forwards but likely Kohan and Booth cut.
Typo. I meant he will be playing in the Soo this season.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Yes it would, only junior slides it.
You're wrong.

Only NHL games (10) trigger the ELC contract.

Being drafted from Europe he can play in the AHL at 19 and still have his contract slide.

Colorado did the same with Mikko Rantanen.

Scroll to the bottom of the link YOU posted.

It says "If Dvorsky plays less than 10 NHL games"

Then lists his contract as slide eligible.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
You're wrong.

Only NHL games (10) trigger the ELC contract.

Being drafted from Europe he can play in the AHL at 19 and still have his contract slide.

Colorado did the same with Mikko Rantanen.
Yes he can play in the AHL because he is from Europe. No hid contract does not slide. Leafs William Nylander came over and went right to the AHL, there was no slide. European can play in the AHL but contract does not slide.

Check out the page from Puckpedia.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Yes he can play in the AHL because he is from Europe. No hid contract does not slide. Leafs William Nylander came over and went right to the AHL, there was no slide. European can play in the AHL but contract does not slide.

Check out the page from Puckpedia.

1000011913.jpg

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
So explain why Nylander and Niemola never had their contracts slide, Nylander was drafter the year before Marner and 2 before Matthews, played 2 seasons in the Ahl and had to resign before Marner and Matthews.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Nylander played in the AHL in 14/15. His contract slid.

But played 22 games in the NHL 15/16 which started his contract. Making him an RFA in 2018, 3 years later.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Not to worry,you would think his agent would never entertain the idea of him returning to a rebuilding team unless a trade was in place to a contender don’t you think?

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024

There is a section here that explains slide rule for those drafted out of Europe
Never seen that rule before, only ever seen junior talked about
Nylander played in the AHL in 14/15. His contract slid.

But played 22 games in the NHL 15/16 which started his contract. Making him an RFA in 2018, 3 years later.
My apologizes your right never seen AHL used to slide a contract.

Not to worry,you would think his agent would never entertain the idea of him returning to a rebuilding team unless a trade was in place to a contender don’t you think?
You would think but musty comes back then dvoski comes back too, maybe you can persuade Seattle to get the band back together and send Goyette back, just have to move one of McCoy, Deangelis or Delic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad