Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Any report on how the scrimmages are going? any standouts? How are returning players looking... musty, walton, coughlan, villy etc
I liked Bruce and Smith on D from the Wednesday scrimmage. Henderson looked good too. Villy, Coughlan and McCoy were all frustrated causing post whistle a couple times. McCoy took a dumb penalty that would have gotten a suspension.

Reactions: Wolfie

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Blue and White rosters
1000002282.jpg

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
No Doucette again, no Kearns or Beites either.

Gaulton not being in the lineup leads me to believe goaltending decision was already made.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
No Doucette again, no Kearns or Beites either.

Gaulton not being in the lineup leads me to believe goaltending decision was already made.
Beites played well all week by all reports so perhaps he's made it clear to Sudbury that he's heading NCAA direction.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Beites played well all week by all reports so perhaps he's made it clear to Sudbury that he's heading NCAA direction.
I believe he got hurt in one of the earlier scrimmages. Left the net early on Thursday.

As far as camp goes, Barney has his work cut out for him, thought there was a pretty big lack of skill on the ice, and the effort level of most of the veterans was pretty rough.

As far as blue/white performances go, I thought Walton was the best player on the ice. Bruce, and Jackson had their momments. Up front some of the new guys such as Dean and Klinkhammer put in really good efforts.

Overall, I'm really concerned about the lack of skilled up front, as well as a lot of the decision making being shown on the back end, Blonda in particular made some really bad passes in his own zone.

Ultimately, we're going to find out real quickly how good of a coaching staff they have real quickly I think. Will be interesting to see who sticks around in terms of the rookies as well. Definitely felt like some guys played their way on to the top and some vets may have played their way off of it, but we'll see what the new staff decides.

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
No McCoy either, interesting considering the other OAs are in the lineup
From reading on here maybe there’s a chance that since McCoy took a penalty that would’ve resulted in a suspension in league play- they sat him from the rest so he can cool it.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I personally am looking forward to a fun year with this team, no real pressure on them to win every game with a loaded lineup like last season. I believe with the new coaching staff and a lot of new faces we can expect a real solid effort through out this season. Looking forward to see how are vets rub off on the new guys especially Musty. Its a new look team who will surprise a few teams with a new and improved goaltending tandem.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
I personally am looking forward to a fun year with this team, no real pressure on them to win every game with a loaded lineup like last season. I believe with the new coaching staff and a lot of new faces we can expect a real solid effort through out this season. Looking forward to see how are vets rub off on the new guys especially Musty. Its a new look team who will surprise a few teams with a new and improved goaltending tandem.
Will be for sure. Awaiting the news of signings and the preseason roster.

Not sure who deserves the C this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad