Max Pacioretty

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
If the contract is cheaper & short, and doesn't cut off from Seider/Raymond or hindering Berggren (which also have to be re-signed...) to be given a chance in the lineup then sure. If it goes south, can always put him on waivers and promote a young guy.

That being said, a lot of uncertainties with him, so it would be a gamble.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
We had a Max Pacioretty at home...

The Max Pacioretty at home.
1725481272022.png

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Sure, minimum. Sure.

Can always waive him and likely to get picked up if Red Wings want a young gun and they're clearly better.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
If the contract is cheaper & short, and doesn't cut off from Seider/Raymond or hindering Berggren (which also have to be re-signed...) to be given a chance in the lineup then sure. If it goes south, can always put him on waivers and promote a young guy.

That being said, a lot of uncertainties with him, so it would be a gamble.

Honestly, as long as Seider and Raymond are signed, I don't care. Berggren to me is another in a long line of Taro Hirose, Andreas Athanasiou, Jan Mursak, Stacy Roest, Temmu Pulkkinen, Tomas Jurco, Filip Zadina of who gives a shit whether we sign him.

Like, I'm not going to lose sleep if Berggren gets dealt or signed away. I won't be thrilled if we get nothing for him, but honestly, if Jonatan Berggren is a make or break prospect for this team, they're way further behind than any of us think they are.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
4-5 years, 6-8 mil would make sense. Good lockerroom guy.

Ok, that's a joke. Max Pac of like 8 years ago, I do that contract in a second. But broken down ol' codger Pacioretty? He gets league minimum (or the waiver $ contract, what is that, 1.1 million now?) so he can be buried and quietly retire if he's not up to snuff.

Reactions: iDangleDangle

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Honestly, as long as Seider and Raymond are signed, I don't care. Berggren to me is another in a long line of Taro Hirose, Andreas Athanasiou, Jan Mursak, Stacy Roest, Temmu Pulkkinen, Tomas Jurco, Filip Zadina of who gives a shit whether we sign him.

Like, I'm not going to lose sleep if Berggren gets dealt or signed away. I won't be thrilled if we get nothing for him, but honestly, if Jonatan Berggren is a make or break prospect for this team, they're way further behind than any of us think they are.
berggren more of a tatar nyquist imo

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Ok, that's a joke. Max Pac of like 8 years ago, I do that contract in a second. But broken down ol' codger Pacioretty? He gets league minimum (or the waiver $ contract, what is that, 1.1 million now?) so he can be buried and quietly retire if he's not up to snuff.
When*

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

berggren more of a tatar nyquist imo

I think he could be an AA or he could be a Tatar/Nyquist

not really the end of the world either way to lose I suppose but it feels like asset mismanagement not to even really give him a chance to ever show which he is

Reactions: norrisnick

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
I think he could be an AA or he could be a Tatar/Nyquist

not really the end of the world either way to lose I suppose but it feels like asset mismanagement not to even really give him a chance to ever show which he is

Fair enough. I suppose I'm just of the opinion (and I know it's kind of unpopular) that you make your own chance. Like the Wings would have preferred to keep Larkin down. He was so good that they couldn't. They wouldn't bring Raymond up if Mrs. Blashill didn't see how he popped out off the roster.

I'm a big proponent on a young kid not getting a leg up on making the NHL just because he's younger. Would I be bummed if we didn't sign Pacioretty and kept Berggern? Absolutely not. Let's go Jonny Burgers. But if they don't bend over backwards to keep Burgers, I don't really care either. He's a dime a dozen all offense, no defense forward (and no, that one play where he dove and poke-checked it away from the guy on a rush does not mean he's good defensively) which are the kinds of guys that bounce around the league looking for the next team to give them a one-year deal.

But basically, you say Patches at league minimum or Berggren at like 1.5M? Im taking Patches at league minimum almost every time.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Wonder if they rumors are being floated to get Berggren to sign what Stevie wants.

Either way, no on Max. Would rather that roster spot go to Mazur or Danielson. Get your retirement gig somewhere else Max.

Reactions: jkutswings

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Wonder if they rumors are being floated to get Berggren to sign what Stevie wants.

Either way, no on Max. Would rather that roster spot go to Mazur or Danielson. Get your retirement gig somewhere else Max.
Max, is an old 35 meaning he has a long history of injuries. Give the roster spot to one of the young guys. No to Max

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
If he is minimum then no issue. He can go to Grand Rapids or retire if he doesnt get claimed. It wont be blocking Berggren, Jonatan would get the tie breaker for the pure reason of asset management like others questioned earlier, having further upside. Max could be a useful vet in the right situation nonetheless.

Reactions: Astyanax

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If the other rumor is Hoffman, give me Patches for sure here. Not sure he has anything left, really down to the injuries. He can play netfront... Raymond, Kane, DeBrincat, Tarasenko, what is the actual role for the add matters when looking at these. Patches provides elements we need more of, assuming we believe he is actually healthy enough to begin with.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020

Agreed, but I do hope for the best. If he goes he goes, but I think he is at least worth something as through in. Can't just let him walk, right!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad