OT: Movie Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I watched that new Rebel Wilson movie on Netflix where she wakes up from a coma after twenty years and goes back to high school.

The plot was formulaic and predictable, but there are some funny moments (Chris Parnell is hilarious) and the 2002 nostalgia hits me hard. So overall probably a 6/10 or so.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
My gf made me watch Ant-Man and the Wasp before End Game. I understand why as the post credits from that movie lead into End Game but my god is the suspense killing me.

Ant-Man and the Wasp is an 8.1/10 but maybe it’s just because I love Paul Rudd, Walton Goggins, and Michael Peña. I love the different vibe the franchise gives to the MCU. Definitely more light and they’re well done imo. End credit to the movie was wild

Reactions: PlayMakers

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The original Top Gun was the first movie my dad ever rented for us on VHS :wally:

Maverick is the first movie I've wanted to see in a theater in an extremely long time, but really only for nostalgic reasons. I'm not even a fan of Tom Cruise.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
As a legit Blue Angels nerd, this video came up in my YouTube feed. A former Blue Angel did a lot of the flying in Maverick. This is a great interview, he talks a lot about his time with the Blues. Also he helped with the transition to the Super Hornets and the stuff they had to think about is crazy.

Had to laugh when they said something about him doubling for Tom Cruise and he said any time you see Cruise flying in the movie, he was doubling for the Navy pilot and not the other way around :laugh:

He also said they used a lot of Blue Angel protocols for the flying in the movie.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
End Game was terrific. Thanos it’s basically just jacked and magical Ted Kaczynski, A great villain. Nobody is better than Josh Brolin. The ending was satisfying. Put a perfect bow on Phase 3.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
As a legit Blue Angels nerd, this video came up in my YouTube feed. A former Blue Angel did a lot of the flying in Maverick. This is a great interview, he talks a lot about his time with the Blues. Also he helped with the transition to the Super Hornets and the stuff they had to think about is crazy.

Had to laugh when they said something about him doubling for Tom Cruise and he said any time you see Cruise flying in the movie, he was doubling for the Navy pilot and not the other way around :laugh:

He also said they used a lot of Blue Angel protocols for the flying in the movie.

Seen their show in San Fra, Fleet Week, late afternoon hour, blue jets over and around Golden Gate...magnificient

Reactions: Bruinaura

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Saw this last night:

Having more than my share of inside info, I can say much of it was fictionalized, but the basic story was true. The movie basically took a big scandal and told the human side, and I liked it for that. Plus the acting was superb.

Still waiting for a film which tells the story of that shmuck Eddie Tipton.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
1656541157159.jpeg

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
We saw Top Gun Maverick at the Wellfleet drive-in on Sunday night. Great to see on the big screen, and a perfect night to be outside. It was predictably predictable but I enjoyed it. 7/10.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Top Gun: Maverick: 9/10
Holy shit. Best movie I’ve seen in YEARS. Action, drama, comedy, romance, and an amazing soundtrack. Tom Cruise is an absolute LEGEND. ✈
I don't remember watching the first Top Gun ...but....my neighbor wanted to go last Sunday (and it was hot out) so we went. It was better than I thought it would be. Val Kilmer looked bad, but he has throat cancer, so I am not surprised.

Anyone see "Elvis" ?

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
I don't remember watching the first Top Gun ...but....my neighbor wanted to go last Sunday (and it was hot out) so we went. It was better than I thought it would be. Val Kilmer looked bad, but he has throat cancer, so I am not surprised.

Anyone see "Elvis" ?
Saw it tonight...it was pretty good.

Reactions: Ladyfan

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

Anyone see "Elvis" ?
We saw Elvis last week.

I loved it. I’ve always been an Elvis “fan”, but didn’t know many of his deeper cuts.

Worth seeing in a theater for the spectacle of the whole thing. I’ve basically been listening to nothing but Elvis now this past week.

I want to see it again, but it’s long.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Watched the new Jurassic Park movie today. Loved it! It’s dumb as soggy rocks, but the “plot” is just set ups for crazy dinosaur action. Of which it is bursting with. Last one and wanted nothing more than to just throw everything it possibly it could in. I appreciate the insanity.

Also if you want a unique unpleasant nightmare of a flick, check out Phil Tippet’s “Mad God”. Tried to convince my wife to watch it with me. She lasted maybe 90 seconds and then got mad at me and left the room. 100 minutes of pure stop-motion hellish fever dream that filled me with love.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Watched the new Jurassic Park movie today. Loved it! It’s dumb as soggy rocks, but the “plot” is just set ups for crazy dinosaur action. Of which it is bursting with. Last one and wanted nothing more than to just throw everything it possibly it could in. I appreciate the insanity.

Also if you want a unique unpleasant nightmare of a flick, check out Phil Tippet’s “Mad God”. Tried to convince my wife to watch it with me. She lasted maybe 90 seconds and then got mad at me and left the room. 100 minutes of pure stop-motion hellish fever dream that filled me with love.

lol….we just got in from seeing it too. I got a kick outta it. Just good entertainment.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We saw Elvis last week.

I loved it. I’ve always been an Elvis “fan”, but didn’t know many of his deeper cuts.

Worth seeing in a theater for the spectacle of the whole thing. I’ve basically been listening to nothing but Elvis now this past week.

I want to see it again, but it’s long.
Just home from seeing Elvis. It was long but well done.

He was only 42....so young.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad