OT: Movie Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
What's your name?
f*** you, that's my name. You know why, mister? Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an $80K BMW.

THAT'S my name...
This reminds me of a personal experience I had. While sitting in line at Duxbury Yacht Club waiting on my darling daughter to finish her sailing lesson,I noticed the 130K MB waiting in front of me. It crossed my mind that I was sitting in my 14 year old truck worth about $1500,but in this moment in time I was doing the exact same thing as MB guy for pennies on his dollar.

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Guardians of the Galaxy 1 + 2: 10/10 and 10/10

Had never seen them. Awesome movies. I’m watching the marvel films in chronological order. The only one I had ever seen was the first Avengers one. Idk why I waited so long

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

Had never seen them. Awesome movies. I’m watching the marvel films in chronological order. The only one I had ever seen was the first Avengers one. Idk why I waited so long
1st one was incredible. Soundtrack is amazing.

2nd was ok.

The bride had never seen a marvel movie when we first started hanging out. Now she loves them.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
1st one was incredible. Soundtrack is amazing.

2nd was ok.

The bride had never seen a marvel movie when we first started hanging out. Now she loves them.
I’m a weirdo, I think I liked 2 more than I liked 1. 2 legitimately made me laugh and cry, can’t remember the last time a movie did that for me personally. I’m definitely in the minority with that opinion. Not that I didn’t love 1, that’s probably a top 5 movie ever for me. Like you said- the soundtrack is sublime

That’s basically what my GF has done with me. I had seen the first avengers in theaters and that was it. One of our first dates was to see the most recent Spider-Man and I thought that movie was awesome without any context of watching the first couple so then I figured I had to give Marvel a shot at her insistence. Boy am I glad I did, watching these movies in chronological order is AWESOME. I’m on Avengers: Age of Ultron next

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Back to the Future marathon on TNT.

I just rewatched them last month and picked up the Lego Delorean.

I’ll always have fond memories of watching these movies as a kid at family holidays.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I’m a weirdo, I think I liked 2 more than I liked 1. 2 legitimately made me laugh and cry, can’t remember the last time a movie did that for me personally. I’m definitely in the minority with that opinion. Not that I didn’t love 1, that’s probably a top 5 movie ever for me. Like you said- the soundtrack is sublime

That’s basically what my GF has done with me. I had seen the first avengers in theaters and that was it. One of our first dates was to see the most recent Spider-Man and I thought that movie was awesome without any context of watching the first couple so then I figured I had to give Marvel a shot at her insistence. Boy am I glad I did, watching these movies in chronological order is AWESOME. I’m on Avengers: Age of Ultron next
So jealous. Wish I could watch them all again for the first time.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I enjoyed Gaurdians of the Galaxy 1 and 2. I thought the first movie had better structure to it. It was a combination origin story and prison movie. I like the Marvel movies but take em as I find them and get what I expect.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I got a good GF lol. I’m glad she forced the issue and if I could recommend watching them to anybody on here I 100% do that. So much fun.
have you hit Ragnarok yet? I'm not a Marvel/Superhero/Comic guy, but i love that movie (i enjoyed most of the Marvel movies tbh, they're a lot of fun)

Reactions: CDJ and LSCII

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Haven't watched anything new lately but did watch Greyhound when it came out, pretty good movie but kinda short. Finch was also pretty good, funny and sad at the same time, Tom Hanks is one hell of an actor.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

For comic book movies, those two were pretty good compared to most comic book fair. Especially the second one with the Yondu story line.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ant-Man 8/10

Different feel than the other marvel movies I’ve seen so far. A little more goofy, but that’s to be expected with Paul Rudd playing the title character. From what the gf told me this one was a little polarizing with marvel fans- I found it to be an easy watch. Very enjoyable. Not the best movie in the MCU but a nice change up

Reactions: LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad