OT: Movie Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Ant-Man 8/10

Different feel than the other marvel movies I’ve seen so far. A little more goofy, but that’s to be expected with Paul Rudd playing the title character. From what the gf told me this one was a little polarizing with marvel fans- I found it to be an easy watch. Very enjoyable. Not the best movie in the MCU but a nice change up
I honestly liked it a lot more than I expected and thought it was good fun. The main issue with most of the Captain America/Avengers/Iron Man movies is that it's hard to tell which one is which as they all got intertwined with the continuation of story lines from prior movies, whether they originated with that character or not. I honestly think after the first movie for each main character, they should have rolled them into one giant Avenger's movie, since that's how they all come off.

Check out Ragnarok next. That was a really funny one. We still quote Korg at random times to each other in my house and the kids laugh their asses off every time. Big pile of rocks waving at you over here...

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I honestly liked it a lot more than I expected and thought it was good fun. The main issue with most of the Captain America/Avengers/Iron Man movies is that it's hard to tell which one is which as they all got intertwined with the continuation of story lines from prior movies, whether they originated with that character or not. I honestly think after the first movie for each main character, they should have rolled them into one giant Avenger's movie, since that's how they all come off.

Check out Ragnarok next. That was a really funny one. We still quote Korg at random times to each other in my house and the kids laugh their asses off every time. Big pile of rocks waving at you over here...

I don’t know how people watched them in the order they were released in, I’m watching it in chronological order in terms of the MCU timeline and it’s hard enough to follow everything because there are so many characters and moving parts

I believe next up for me is Captain America: Civil War. I can’t wait for Ragnarok though, I hear that movie is top notch

Reactions: LSCII

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don’t know how people watched them in the order they were released in, I’m watching it in chronological order in terms of the MCU timeline and it’s hard enough to follow everything because there are so many characters and moving parts

I believe next up for me is Captain America: Civil War. I can’t wait for Ragnarok though, I hear that movie is top notch

The negative with that method is you get slapped in the face very quickly out of the gate with Captain Marvel. If I had seen that movie second, I may have never made it to the last 20

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The negative with that method is you get slapped in the face very quickly out of the gate with Captain Marvel. If I had seen that movie second, I may have never made it to the last 20
I didn’t think it was that bad, it’s been my least favorite of the ones I’ve seen so far but at the same time it’s still solid relative to most movies. I’m waiting for Eternals to take the crown of shittiest Marvel movie, that ones apparently the real stinker.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I didn’t think it was that bad, it’s been my least favorite of the ones I’ve seen so far but at the same time it’s still solid relative to most movies. I’m waiting for Eternals to take the crown of shittiest Marvel movie, that ones apparently the real stinker.

Yeah, I still haven't seen Eternals yet, and I think I went to almost every one of the first 22 films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe on the first day they were released (and technically Thursday night for Friday releases) . I kind of refuse to even accept Eternals as part of the same universe.

Reactions: CDJ

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Probably when I was younger. Ghost Rider has like 5-6 dudes idk why Netflix hasnt jumped on a ghost rider show. Could do a season for each GR and do crossovers. Dan Ketch is my favorite GR especially when they did a punisher and GR crossover.
It’s actually fairly recent. I only just discovered it a year or so ago. I thought you may find it interesting because Frank Castle IS Ghost Rider in it. Also, it is utterly batshit insane. :laugh:

And I agree. A Ghost Rider show with Dan Ketch would be amazing. He was always my favourite Rider too.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Probably when I was younger. Ghost Rider has like 5-6 dudes idk why Netflix hasnt jumped on a ghost rider show. Could do a season for each GR and do crossovers. Dan Ketch is my favorite GR especially when they did a punisher and GR crossover.

Ghost Rider was in Agents of SHIELD. But not the Johnny Blaze GR, the Robby Reyes one.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
It’s actually fairly recent. I only just discovered it a year or so ago. I thought you may find it interesting because Frank Castle IS Ghost Rider in it. Also, it is utterly batshit insane. :laugh:

And I agree. A Ghost Rider show with Dan Ketch would be amazing. He was always my favourite Rider too.

Eh craziest Punisher I read was a series where he started to work FOR the Mafia. Some old mafioso saves him from the electric chair and punisher assumes his role. Of course at the end of the series punisher goes back to his old ways and kills most if not all the crime family when they betray him.

I have a kindle or something filled with comic books series. GI Joe, Punisher, Ghost Rider, Submariner, Sutter Kane.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
dont waste your money. Wait for it on Netflix. I was disappointed.
Yeah I don’t exactly know why? But I was disappointed too.

I think I wanted something more abstract. Violence and nightmare. There’s some of that (and it looks great), but it was… I don’t know. Disappointingly plot-heavy?

I went in wanting to be challenged and it was all so dour and easy. Things start bad. They get worse. The end. Meh.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Looks interesting.

damn I havent been to the movies since I saw Dunkirk
I`ll beat ya on that, I haven`t been to the movies since Burn After Reading

We typically don`t watch many movies, I watch Series on Netflix/Prime, just started the new chapter in the Bosche show called Bosche Legacy, such a great show. Finishing Ozark so no spoilers please

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Captain America: Civil War 7.9/10
Black Widow: 7.5/10
Spider-Man Homecoming: 8.1/10

Goin decimals now baby

Black Panther up next

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Yeah, I still haven't seen Eternals yet, and I think I went to almost every one of the first 22 films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe on the first day they were released (and technically Thursday night for Friday releases) . I kind of refuse to even accept Eternals as part of the same universe.
Eternals was awful, save your money.

Reactions: smithformeragent

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Black Panther 9.1/10

Just a lot to like about it. Cast was great, visually it was stunning, plot was quality

Dr. Strange up next

Reactions: LSCII

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dr. Strange 1 7.2/10. Weird movie. Still pretty solid.

Thor Ragnarok 9.5/10. Awesome movie. Action/Comedy/SciFi all in one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad