OT: Movie Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Watched The Wind on Netflix last night. Slow burn creeper, and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Fairly predictable, as most movies are, still a fun supernatural/mind bender

Can’t give it away

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
James Caan did a funny scene in Santa’s Slay, a hilariously bad holiday action/comedy/horror movie starring Goldberg as an evil Santa.

I watched Spiderman Homecoming, Spiderman Far from Home, and Dr Strange 2

7.5/10
7.8/10
8.2/10

I’ve already seen Spiderman No Way Home. That was AWESOME. Probably the best movie of this phase.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Was thinking of going to the movies but last time I was near a theater and looked none of the movies even looked entertaining.

Covid seems to have killed the whole theater model. With all these streaming services now why leave home?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Was thinking of going to the movies but last time I was near a theater and looked none of the movies even looked entertaining.

Covid seems to have killed the whole theater model. With all these streaming services now why leave home?

Covid definitely impacted it for awhile but the theater industry is back and cookin

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I still love going to the movies.

However, with how quickly it's available on streaming now, I'll go less frequently.
Case in point, I'd have loved to go back and see Elvis again in the theater, but it's coming to HBO Max in August, so once was plenty.

I may start skipping MCU in theaters.
Did not enjoy the new Thor.

6/10, and it's me being generous.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I liked Thor Love and Thunder. Wasn’t Ragnarok but I thought it was better than Dark World and Thor. I thought they did a good job with Gorr. Good social commentary on class dynamics imo. The Portman arc was meh but I liked how everything ended. Wasn’t a “wow” movie, but I found it enjoyable enough. Worth the ticket.

7.8/10 for me

Reactions: LSCII

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
watchhed a movie i hadnt seen in years tonite.
The Jacket. with adrian brody
think it got bad reviews but one of those movies i always liked.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I thought Prey was quite good, and I'm not a huge fan of the franchise (only saw the original). It was a unique way of continuing the story, the young Native American woman in the lead was excellent, and the scenery was breathtaking. 8/10.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
The true protagonist of Teen Wolf
1659911718216.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad