OT: Movie Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Watched this last night. 6/10.
Just dumb entertainment.

Then make sure not to watch this silliness.
Might as well named it “Ocean’s Eleven National Treasure”
1660908927278.jpeg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Watched Eternals.

It was a little convoluted and way too long while also trying to cram too much into it. Would’ve been much better as a TV show imo.

As far as Marvel Studio’s entries go it’s bottom shelf, but compared to regular movies I found it to be fine. Middle of the road. Watchable, but I’ll probably never seek it out to watch it again. But won’t bitch if somebody else wants to watch it and I’m in the room.

5.9/10 imo

Can’t emphasize enough how much it should have been a TV show

I can’t remember the last movie I watched in its entirety that I thought was the drizzling shits- maybe the 2004 version of The Grudge?

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
not a movie but watched first few parts of Welcome to Wrexham last night, I`m not close to being a soccer fan but found it really entertaining

Reactions: PlayMakers

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Then make sure not to watch this silliness.
Might as well named it “Ocean’s Eleven National Treasure”
View attachment 578071

Video game adaptations for movies have rarely worked. Why they continue to do it is beyond me. Outside of the first Silent Hill movie and the Mortal Kombat movie (which is fun because of how silly it was), you can't name me one good video game adaptation for a movie.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Video game adaptations for movies have rarely worked. Why they continue to do it is beyond me. Outside of the first Silent Hill movie and the Mortal Kombat movie (which is fun because of how silly it was), you can't name me one good video game adaptation for a movie.
Resident Evil

Reactions: jgatie

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
oh boy, thats hard. I was definitely a Marvel kid.
Used to walk up to Melrose Spa on Mass Ave Arlington on Tues & Thurs.
Thats when new shipments arrived
We called all corner stores back then Spas. Dont know why, just did.

Anyway,
Spiderman
Ironman
Fantastic 4
Thor
Avengers
Ghost Rider
Hulk

Id buy damn near all of them but these were my favorites.
They were , in my childhood, 10 cents. Then 15 cents. Then 20 cents.
Not bad for a paperboy like me averaging $25 a week.
I own a comic book store here in Maine. When I find 10 to 20 cent older books in collections that come in, I get giddy.

Now, new books cost 3.99 and upwards to 7.99/9.99 for the annuals and giant size. Crazy.

Reactions: Gee Wally

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
We have watched a few more movies from the collection and it is tough going. It is fun to google the movies to find out more info and to see how acting was actually evolving from silent to talkies.

Steamboat Round the Bend - funniest part is the woman who stars in it is named Fleety Belle - we had to google it because we couldn't understand what they were saying, such a bizarre name! Rating: 3.5/5

The Little Princess - Shirley Temple movie - 3.5/5

The Grapes of Wrath - 4/5 - seeing young Henry Fonda was the best part. I had read the book so knew how depressing it would be. Not quite the same ending - I wondered how they could have possibly done that in a 1940 movie, answer is they didn't. It was a tiny bit of the book but it brought the desperation to a new level, too bad they couldn't include it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Just watched the live action Disney Pinocchio. Good God damn what an atrocity.

Worst thing I've watched in... I can't remember when. I'd call it a steaming pile of shit, but that's too docile of a comparison. It's aggressive in how bad it is. Almost active in its attempt to be terrible.

I'm so angry.

this makes me sad.
I was actually looking forward to it.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad