Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Seeing how Rielly is so worried about upholding ‘the code’ let’s see if he will drop the gloves and square up with Greig next time they play. Last I checked, answering the bell is also a part of that same code he so obviously cares about
Morgan will 100% fight, guaranteed.

Reactions: shaner8989

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
perrons looked much more vicious. there is also other older instances that got less.

with perron and riellys suspension now being more current and riellys being so memorable i'm expecting high stick that strikes the head/neck to be treated the same.
As long as its in the context of after the whistle, well after play was dead and for no apparent good reason then sure I can agree with that.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Seems about right. Rielly isn't a dirty player and Greig was not seriously injured on the play. However, you can't go blasting people after they embarrassed you on a breakaway.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It should've been a $2,000 fine or at most 2 games. Reilly has no history of violence or previous suspensions, I don't remember him being in a fight. The Leafs are considered to be a soft team by the rest of the league and if nothing was done after an opposing player shows up your team with a needless slapshot to get an empty netter everyone would say "see the Leafs are a bunch of wimps and show no grit or emotion", well I guess you can't say that now.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
What about when x incident happened to the leafs in x year? Did they consider that Toronto fans have suffered for a long time? Leafs players should be immune to suspensions because they have a big fan base.

Reactions: RyCam

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Those are all old plays from years ago.

The precedent was set this season with the Perron suspension

uhhhh, what did last night show? Greig scored a goal and was the 3rd star of the game.
that vets took exception to the play. jenner caught him napping. this is already after giroux allegedly took him aside privately.

• Haha
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
that vets took exception to the play. jenner caught him napping. this is already after giroux allegedly took him aside privately.
Source? Against another team he might have. But then, Greig wouldn't have done it to another team.

Vets on another team aren't going to risk a penalty putting their team down a man to make a point for Rielly.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Did they ban Rielly from hockey? Let him enjoy a week off.

He'll be back. He'll be in the playoffs and Greig will stop taking slapshots at empty nets. Everyone wins. A crosscheck to the face is a small price to pay for a lesson learned. It could have been worse if it was someone else.

Yup Reilly will enjoy 6 games of playoffs more than Greig. Lucky SOB.

That poor empty net, poor Reaves getting more time on media than time on ice, poor Reilly spending 200k to use his stick instead of dropping his gloves like a man.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Yup Reilly will enjoy 6 games of playoffs more than Greig. Lucky SOB.

That poor empty net, poor Reaves getting more time on media than time on ice, poor Reilly spending 200k to use his stick instead of dropping his gloves like a man.

To be fair, Greig may very well never see any playoff action unless he's traded. I'm sure he'd gladly take 6 games in place of his scheduled tee time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad