Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010
Yes hopefully. I remember the ECF. Good times. We won more rounds that one post season you guys have won since we last qualified. We've sucked for years and we're still ahead in the post season wins department! :laugh:

Yea that was great to watch. Just so you know, I wasn't being facetious. I truly want the Sens back in the playoffs, because I remember those series between the Leafs and Sens. I also don't think you're ahead in post season wins, but I digress.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Rielly is a surprisingly good fighter. He also out weighs Grieg by 40lbs. Highly doubt Grieg would’ve wanted to fight and if he did, I highly doubt it would’ve gone well for him.

Reilly is the one that opted to not drop the gloves, and only used his stick as a weapon. I still think Ridly would win, and in many ways he did. He sealed the game with an entertaining slapper.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Rielly is a surprisingly good fighter. He also out weighs Grieg by 40lbs. Highly doubt Grieg would’ve wanted to fight and if he did, I highly doubt it would’ve gone well for him.

Sounds like he should have gone with the concept of proportional response and dropped the gloves if Grieg wouldn't have fought him. Humiliation for humiliation.

Unfortunately, Rielly is a useless meathead and elected to cross-check the kid in the face, instead.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Laraque on his show: please every team playing the Leafs, do the same thing and stare at their bench.

Who's crazy enough to do it? Marchand? Wilson?

That would be epic

• Haha
Reactions: LiseL

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
5 is fine. I'd be fine with more for plays like that if I had any faith it would be done consistently enough to actually make it a deterrent and help protect players.

Rielly is my favourite player in the league, but I just cannot get myself to care about someone taking a slapshot in an empty net. Snowing the goalie, that last poke at his pads, constant diving, the sucker punch or facewash for a guy in a scrum who is being held all seem like much more justifiable times to try and get some kind of retribution.

Don't want to get shown up on an empty net? Or on a powerplay down big? Or by having the other team put in the EBUG?

Play better.
You sir are the most reasonable Leafs fan on this site. For that I must salute you!

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Seeing how Rielly is so worried about upholding ‘the code’ let’s see if he will drop the gloves and square up with Greig next time they play. Last I checked, answering the bell is also a part of that same code he so obviously cares about

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005

Parros biggest leaf hater in sports. He f***s the leafs left and right for years now. It’s a well know fact.

• Haha
Reactions: swiftwin

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Its like saying you didn't study for college exams but still feel you will get straight A’s because you already did it once in grade 7.

I didn't study and regularly got 90's .. some of us just absorb information better than others.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad