Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
It's too bad he felt the need to turtle instead of doing that instead isn't it? What a coward. The sens leadership is teaching him well. Stutzle doing a great job having the rookies follow in his footsteps.

Those diving lessons are really paying off.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Why'd you conveniently leave out current player and captain, Brayden Schenn?
You mean the Brayden Schenn who - in the clip - specifically caveats his quote with how he doesn't think Rielly meant to crosscheck Greig and that "there's other ways to go about it"? A real ringing endorsement.

But okay, yes, Rielly has the support of Brayden Schenn and four other guys - three of whom who have been retired for a decade.

PK Subban said he loved Greig taking the slapper. He's got 800+ games. Can't we cash that in for, like, 200 Colby Cohens?

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I’m sure other players are going to take clappers into the Leafs empty net after seeing how riled up it gets the entire city :laugh:

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
I think Pinto had them down to when by 2 goals and the kid was excited for his piece of the pie.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I’m sure other players are going to take clappers into the Leafs empty net after seeing how riled up it gets the entire city :laugh:
Kinda like how players are already taking a run at Greig :D ?

Good to see. I'm sure Mo has a lot more friends in the league than a rookie.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022

Beautiful hit. I wonder if the Sens stand by this one.

5minutemajor

Mar 23, 2018
5 games for...scoring a goal...in a way that hurt Reilly's feelings?

This is Ridley's game. He is going to be a pain in the ass 50-60pt (maybe more) two way centre for the next decade+. He will play on the edge and get the better of little babies like Reilly

He will be a Sens fan favourite and hated by all other fan bases - who will secretly wish they had him.

I'm surprised a fan base embraced Darcy Tucker doesn't have more respect for him.
A good assessment. But forget about secretly hoping. Most fans would openly welcome Greig to their team right now.

It can still get appealed to Bettman. Longer suspension appeals go to an independent arbiter
I hope he appeals, and then Bettman gives him what is appropriate: a ten game ban! Would be hilarious.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Were you singing this tune about Perron as well?

Wouldn't want someone being super bias or anything!
Give anything like this assault situations 10-20 games no difference the player or the team the league must be hard on these things.The difference between like now the player almost goes right up and skate away or lies down and have a brutal injury is very small.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021

I’m sure Greig’s feelings were hurt even less than Leafs fans :D Greig win the GWG too ;)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Alfredson slapshot the puck at Niedermayors leg at the end of a game during the Stanley Cup Finals. It only resulted in pushing and shoving. It's insane that people are more offended of a hard empty net shot than something like this

Josh Gorges did the same thing to Kyle Turris in the playoffs, same result.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

It’s cute how people think Grieg is only getting hit on the ice now, as if he hasn’t been a pest this entire time.

He got revenge when he scored the game winning goal.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
It’s cute how people think Grieg is only getting hit on the ice now, as if he hasn’t been a pest this entire time.

He got revenge when he scored the game winning goal.
Naive. It is hard you have to remember that in Toronto when they click on TSN or SN, it only has 46 stories on how Austin made a spectacular leap over boards during a game or how Willy Neelander was seen on the subway again. It is hard for the general public to understand there are other teams or players for that matter. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Heldig

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Naive. It is hard you have to remember that in Toronto when the click on TSN or SN, it only has 46 stories on how Austin made a spectacular leap over boards during a game or how Willy Neelander was seen on the subway again. It is hard for the general public to understand there are other teams or players for that matter. :sarcasm:

I get it - he popped into existence for the national media and Leaf Nation after that game and now they act like experts who know all about him.

Reactions: 5minutemajor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad