Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RooBicks

Oct 12, 2020
Do you really think spazzing out and cross checking a guy in the face shows the league the Leafs are now a tough team?

I actually think the opposite. Now it shows every other agitator in the league that all you have to do is slightly disrespect them and they lose their shit and possibly one of their better players to a long suspension. Very valuable come playoffs I may add .

The fact that their COACH is even in on the act is a bad, bad sign. Amateur hour. You take care of business in due course, not collectively spazz out (exactly the right term btw) over a friggin slapshot into an empty net. Take his number and get him tomorrow.

All of this is pure distraction from the fact that, compared to expectations, they are floundering. No amount of fake outrage is going to galvanize this team to become what they seem to think they are.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Do you really think spazzing out and cross checking a guy in the face shows the league the Leafs are now a tough team?

I actually think the opposite. Now it shows every other agitator in the league that all you have to do is slightly disrespect them and they lose their shit and possibly one of their better players to a long suspension. Very valuable come playoffs I may add .
It doesn't show that they're a tough team, but the league can no longer say that they're too soft and show no emotion.

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
These kind of comments kill me. Most of them thought it was hilarious, I assure you. I know I would have. You think Brady Tkachuk didn't love that shit? At worst, there were some vets rolling their eyes with a smile on their face.

And the reaction was EXACTLY what he - and they - were looking for. He drew Toronto's best defenseman into getting suspended for five games and most of the team - including the idiot coach apparently - will be incredibly distracted next time they meet. That was the point, and the Leafs took the bait, hook, line, and sinker. Like the bunch of talented but directionless amateurs that they've proven themselves to be, year after year. They couldn't point at the scoreboard, so they're pointing at "the code", despite the fact that the one who broke it was Rielly, not Griegg.

A loss all around for the Leafs, and they just keep digging...
Can someone ask Pinto the over/under for both teams having new coaches next year, at some point Martin would like to start collecting his CPP he put in to.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr_Fun

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
It doesn't show that they're a tough team, but the league can no longer say that they're too soft and show no emotion.
It really doesn't show that all but ok.

Can someone ask Pinto the over/under for both teams having new coaches next year, at some point Martin would like to start collecting his CPP he put in to.
Deflection at its finest right here.

Reactions: hoglund

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
"That thing you did is indefensible" isn't criticism?

Anyway, surely Button is this passionate every time someone uses their stick as a weapon in this league....

Parros had his hotel room booked in Vegas already.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
So Craig Button thinks that if Ridley Grieg killed my whole family and burnt my house down I can't cross check him in the head? That's absurd. Someone fire this clown. #justiceforMorgan

Game too soft.
What a stupid false equivalency. Are you for real with this?

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
5 seems about right which is weird because that is several suspensions in a row that seemed reasonable to me. Not sure what is goin on with DOPS but I kind of like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad