Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Sure, but we know it won’t. This is the NHL, no one knows what’s going on, or what they’ll do tomorrow.

I guess if it happens in front of the Habs net it’s not even a penalty. But if it happens after a goal, it’s 5 games.

Well that’s not even right, Matthews got 2 games for a cross check in front of the net. Maybe it was in front of the wrong net?

I don’t know how the NHL keeps this shit straight lol
you’re also leaving out lots of context. Not a live play, retaliatory etc which do matter and make the perron case the most comparable

Reactions: SheldonJPlankton

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Lmao Greig turtling and running away to the lockeroom was him clowning the leafs??

1707874906241.gif

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
Should be more, but at least leafs fans will stop whining about favoritism (joke they will never stfu)

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Leaf suspensions seem to set new standards. Let's see if parros can stick to it going forward...my guess is the next crosscheck to the head gets a fine. Watch.
leaf fans really do have the spotlight effect. Perron literally just happened and definitely paved the way for this decision

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
Oh the irony my god Sens fans are hilarious. Treating Greig like some hero. Another pathetic season for the sens if this is whats considered a win

Rich coming from fans that think they deserved a cookie because their team got a good handshake after another embarassing playoff exit

You speak of pathetic when your team has not won a cup since humans landed on the moon

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I’m just glad that we’ve confirmed that in 2024 that an in-person hearing can occur remotely, via Zoom. Now a non in person hearing, How are those conducted?

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
I wonder if the leafs will appeal the amount. They have a week before they play the 5th game.

I hope they do. For no reason other than to see Sens fans and leafs haters erupt lol

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I’m just glad that we’ve confirmed that in 2024 that an in-person hearing can occur remotely, via Zoom. Now a non in person hearing, How are those conducted?

This has been a thing for a number of years. Players can be offered an in person hearing but decline to attend it in person and do it via zoom.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I wonder if the leafs will appeal the amount. They have a week before they play the 5th game.

I hope they do. For no reason other than to see Sens fans and leafs haters erupt lol
Can try,
Gary doesn’t usually change any, don’t forget Gary can also increase the number as well as decrease, but usually upholds original.
There is no appeal after Gary, because the number is less than 6 games,
if want the independent arbiter , original suspension is 6 or more.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Yes. Turgeon laying unconscious was the "same thing".

smh
It was the same action. The consequences were less severe for the victim due to Greig seeing it coming where Turgeon did not. Lucky for Greig. Though, lucky for Rielly too, I suppose, since the DoPS punishes by result and not action, mostly.

Reactions: DingerMcSlapshot

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

They can't appeal 5 games. The 6th game grants the right to appeal from an independent arbitrator. Im sure Batman wants this shit out of the game, so hes not gonna listen to an appeal

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

What would they appeal it over though? It will just be a rehash of Persons's appeal which was denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad