GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Another lol…

From Sportsnet article titled One Bold Prediction For Each NHL Team by Ryan Dixon…the link keeps sending me to a game media so I can’t post

Pittsburgh Penguins: This old, brittle lineup will buckle and the Pens will tumble down the standings. The silver lining, though, is 20 years after drafting Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh’s lottery luck will strike again and the Pens will draft first overall in 2025.”

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I would be surprised if were lottery pick bad but we’ll see.
Yeah. I said the same before about another article a while back. I would put the moneyline on over/under at around 10 from the bottom . It'll don't see how we are worse than Anaheim, SJ, CBJ, Chicago and a few others. And I'm quite the pessimist!

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What do the +/- mean? They aren’t literal plus minus are they?
No it’s their rating system for offense and defense, impact….i think it might have to do with goals scored on the ice compared to goals scored by opposing top lines but not sure….and then overall…so Sid is a +17 offensive impact, and -2 defense, for a total +15 positive impact on the team…for example….they call it a “modeled output based on projected Net Rating” whatever the f**k that means

Last edited:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
All due respect to the infinite collective wisdom of sportsnet, but I think the only way this team's picking top-5 is if Sid gets a season ending injury in like game 3 of the season. Even then, they'd probably have to have some lotto luck to jump a few spots. There's some *really* f***ing bad teams in the NHL. :laugh:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
From DK….
Lines and pairings at morning skate:

Anthony Beauvillier - Sidney Crosby - Bryan Rust
Michael Bunting - Evgeni Malkin - Rickard Rakell
Rutger McGroarty - Kevin Hayes - Cody Glass
Vasily Ponomarev - Ville Koivanen - Jonathan Gruden

Matt Grzelcyk - Kris Letang
Marcus Pettersson - Harrison Brunicke
Owen Pickering - Nathan Clurman

Tristan Jarry
Filip Larsson

As Taylor Haase posted, Filip Kral and Joona Koppanen were skating as the extra pair, suggesting that they'll be the odd men out.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
From DK….

Tristan Jarry
Filip Larsson

As Taylor Haase posted, Filip Kral and Joona Koppanen were skating as the extra pair, suggesting that they'll be the odd men out.

Interesting that McG is on L3.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
From DK….

Tristan Jarry
Filip Larsson

Koivunen ever play center?

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I think I am here rn on the Fs. Even though I doubt it happens. And I’m sure I’ll think differently by like game 3 of the RS as there’s always a few that can’t keep up preseason play

Beau-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Geno-Rakell
McGroarty-Hayes-Poolparty
OC-Eller-Puus
Acciari/Glass

^ Play the two bottom 6 lines same amt of min. Short leash on Beauvillier with Crosby.

I like OC-Eller combo a lot

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I think I am here rn on the Fs. Even though I doubt it happens. And I’m sure I’ll think differently by like game 3 of the RS as there’s always a few that can’t keep up preseason play

Beau-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Geno-Rakell
McGroarty-Hayes-Poolparty
OC-Eller-Puus
Acciari/Glass

^ Play the two bottom 6 lines same amt of min. Short leash on Beauvillier with Crosby.

I like OC-Eller combo a lot

DOC is our best LW IMO even over potentially Bunting. Play him with Sid.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They’re definitely giving McGroarty every chance possible to show he should be in the NHL. I thought he was really damn good yesterday with Acciari and Puljujarvi. It would be interesting if they want to give him a shot in the NHL due to Lizotte’s injury.

I’m a bit interested in seeing how the Puustinen situation plays out. He did have that really nice assist on the powerplay but I thought he was really quiet yesterday outside of that. If he’s fighting Puljujarvi for a spot, Puljujarvi is definitely winning for it. There is definitely a spot for both in the bottom-6 but I have a feeling that Sullivan views Puljujarvi and Puustinen fighting for the same spot.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Lol I forgot Lizotte

Well in that case while id like to waive Acciari lets assume he’s safe -

Would waive Glass if they want McGroarty to start in the NHL and Lizotte is healthy. Doubt he’s claimed with his cap hit plus more savings than waiving Puus.

Puljujarvi has fully earned a spot IMO even though who knows how long his play lasts.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Lol I forgot Lizotte

Well in that case while id like to waive Acciari lets assume he’s safe -

Would waive Glass if they want McGroarty to start in the NHL and Lizotte is healthy. Doubt he’s claimed with his cap hit plus more savings than waiving Puus.

Puljujarvi has fully earned a spot IMO even though who knows how long his play lasts.

Glass is a better NHLer than Lizotte.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
They’re definitely giving McGroarty every chance possible to show he should be in the NHL. I thought he was really damn good yesterday with Acciari and Puljujarvi. It would be interesting if they want to give him a shot in the NHL due to Lizotte’s injury.

I’m a bit interested in seeing how the Puustinen situation plays out. He did have that really nice assist on the powerplay but I thought he was really quiet yesterday outside of that. If he’s fighting Puljujarvi for a spot, Puljujarvi is definitely winning for it. There is definitely a spot for both in the bottom-6 but I have a feeling that Sullivan views Puljujarvi and Puustinen fighting for the same spot.
I would still prefer McGroarty over Beauvillier next to Sid but that's me. Give the kid every possible chance out there

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm fine stashing Groats in the AHL at least to start but man... I dunno... dude has looked mostly fine against some decent competetion and has even kicked in a couple points. I still have some concerns over some of his puck skills and skating but I think a more adventurous organization that realizes it doesn't have much to lose would audition him with the team's top six. There is KIND of a hole at LW, after all. I mean... it's just the preseason. Maybe they still will IDK.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad