Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I'm flyers fan so i can relate, but all you Leafs fans getting on Sens fans for there teams accomplishments and lack of success need to simmer down. Last time they made the finals was when they won.
with 5 other teams and 4 making the playoffs? they only played 2 rounds back then as well.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Ability to appeal is a moot point because Bettman will simply avoid responding to the appeal until the suspension has already been served (like he did with Perron). The player can try and claw back some money but Bettman will likely reject that as well.

It's a pretty nice loophole he built for himself to negate appeals.
I mean, just don't hit people in the head with a stick after the play and you don't need to worry about it.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
No instead you will point it at the empty net. It's feelings were hurt by the slap shot.

There's a way to play the game that some people understand and some people don't. You're in the "don't" category, and that's fine. Or you're a troll, one or the other.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
There's a way to play the game that some people understand and some people don't. You're in the "don't" category, and that's fine. Or you're a troll, one or the other.
remember when Taveres got knocked out in the play offs with a knee to the head?> totally accidental and the Canadien tried to avoid him, but Taveres fell in to the path, remember how out for blood Leaf fans were? crying for suspensions and good old Foglino fought just to fight and got injured? Leaf fans are hypocrites.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I mean, just don't hit people in the head with a stick after the play and you don't need to worry about it.
Not really the point though. If the league is going to say there is an arbitration process there should actually be an arbitration process.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Morgan Reilly's defense at the hearing:

1000056417.png

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
and the concentration of talent was unbelievable not this watered down horseshit
Somewhat. But the talent was mostly Canadian with a few Yanks but no real international players.
Nowadays there’s a much bigger talent pool to draw on even if it spread across a lot more teams.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
While I enjoyed the meting out of justice to the punk, 5 games exceeds my expectations (I was expecting 2 or 3 because lolDOPS). In the future, hopefully we can start first time offenders at 10 or 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad