Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
remember when Taveres got knocked out in the play offs with a knee to the head?> totally accidental and the Canadien tried to avoid him, but Taveres fell in to the path, remember how out for blood Leaf fans were? crying for suspensions and good old Foglino fought just to fight and got injured? Leaf fans are hypocrites.

I don't generalize fan bases personally, but yes, I do remember some Leafs fans upset over it.

Most people are hypocrites to some degree or other, so yeah, you're probably right.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
and the concentration of talent was unbelievable not this watered down horseshit
you're right, they had full time althetes, sports sciences and medical breakthroughs in healing and player management back then and defenceman could skate backwards, unlike today.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Hey Parros..... LEAFS WON!!!

8fr39y.jpg

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
An appeal isn't going anywhere,
You may be correct, but you don’t know what they discussed during the hearing today. If there is data/evidence that challenges the decision made, then you appeal. If they choose to appeal then you have to assume they have something new to be considered and that could certainly change things.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
I thought it should have been 2 games. Didn’t think it was as vicious as others are making it seem.

Good to see that the Leafs off on a good start during his absence. They were 14-2-1 last year when Rielly got hurt, hopefully this is another galvanizing point in the season.

Reactions: Tryamw and Lilou

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You may be correct, but you don’t know what they discussed during the hearing today. If there is data/evidence that challenges the decision made, then you appeal. If they choose to appeal then you have to assume they have something new to be considered and that could certainly change things.
Between the video addressing all the on ice arguments, and perrons appeal addressing all the whataboutism arguments, there isn't much I can imagine they can use to challenge the length.

I don't know what they discussed in the hearing, but I have a pretty good idea what types of things they are likely to have tried and it's all dead ends that were unsuccessfuly attempted in the Perron appeal.

If there was some exculpatory data or evidence out there, it would have already been made public,

Reactions: Tryamw

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
IF they appeal (and I’m not suggesting they should or that there is reason to), I suspect the rationale will get communicated by media. Not sure we’d know shortly after the decision.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
IF they appeal (and I’m not suggesting they should or that there is reason to), I suspect the rationale will get communicated by media. Not sure we’d know shortly after the decision.

They should attempt an appeal. There is no downside to it.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Same amount of games as Gallagher and one less than Perron.

All three of them deserved far more (and it's sad to say this as a Blues fan who likes Perron).

The Department of Player Safety... It's like what Rick Flag says about Peacemaker in Suicide Squad 2: "What a joke."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad