Montreal Impact Thread LIII - Shipp'ing up to Montreal! - 6/03|530PM: @VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2010
Canadian Defender Marcel De Jong was let go by Kansas City yesterday, a day later he gets signed by Ottawa.

Kinda important, since he's one of our better defenders on the national team.

Situations like this exemplify why we need more Canadian teams.
Or Canadians to count as domestic in MLS. That would be a ****ing start.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
This Premier League has to be scripted! How did both Arsenal and Tottenham lose after Leicesters showing? :laugh:

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
So pumped for the season opener.

BTW is this the year the HF Impact get together people have been talking about happens?

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
This Premier League has to be scripted! How did both Arsenal and Tottenham lose after Leicesters showing? :laugh:

Because we're Arsenal and Tottenham is Tottenham. The two best teams at choking. Our only saving grace is that we often choke less than Tottenham. But probably won't be the case this year

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I'll wear a Pens jersey, a Pats cap and a RMCF scarf just to see how awkward you'll be ;)

Real Madrid is fine. I'm a big fan of Figo and Ronaldo.

That said, it would be an IMFC meeting, wear the Blue Blanc Noir.

At least you didn't say you'd be wearing Nordiques apparel. Now that's unacceptable.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
I always wondered how awkward it would be to be like "Hi my name is LaurentHabs, oh you're The Russian General? Nice to meet you. That guy sitting down over there is JunglePete, he's in a TFC jersey though, so you would've recognized him regardless"

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I always wondered how awkward it would be to be like "Hi my name is LaurentHabs, oh you're The Russian General? Nice to meet you. That guy sitting down over there is JunglePete, he's in a TFC jersey though, so you would've recognized him regardless"

:laugh:

It would be awesome, actually.

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec

The most awkward part would be the arrival. You get in, see a bunch of people looking at each other and wondering if they are the people they are seeking. You know no real names and have no idea what they look like. And are scared to death to say "are you the général russe?!"

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
"Hey TRG, are you actually Russian?"

lol @ JunglePete :laugh:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Better be the latter. The MLS has to start taking the champions league seriously. It's a way to attract players from around the world (More opportunity for glory/exposure). If MLS teams prove they can compete with MX teams, it's only good for the league.

Here's hoping Seattle can pull an upset. I have my doubts, but they do have some quality on the field.

They were butt hurt def. They fielded their best available players. Being competitive against MX teams is THE challenge. Liga MX is better than a lot of European leagues anyway. The fact that we are slightly (yes slightly Liga MX although is better than MLS, they aren't elite) weaker and in pre-season mode we aren't not advantaged. I (and possibly many others) have been saying that the season starts too late. Early March is when every other teams in the world hit their peak.

IMO if we start RIGHT after the superbowl weekend, we'll look alot better in CL, players could have a mini-break in the summer (All stars or whatever) and there would be more space for international breaks like the Gold Cup, Euro, friendlies etc. The fact that the QFs game was DC and LA s first competitive game in months is absolutely laughable and LA got swept away. Only reason why DC lost their first game was due to fitness which is pretty sad. If you remember last year we didn't look so good at first against Pachuca. Duka saved us. But with time, we got alot better.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Sorry to ruin the funny vibe, but RDS just reported that Drogba is leaving Montreal for 1 month to train on natural grass in Miami.

What a loser lol. He's a bigger prima donna than TH14, but with half the career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad