Montreal Impact Thread LIII - Shipp'ing up to Montreal! - 6/03|530PM: @VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
So many haters lol

At least he's one of the only ones covering the team

So he automatically gets carte-blanche to act like a vaginal shower-bag who constantly asks boneheaded questions during interviews?

He should spend a bit more time on his craft and less on his hair

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
I'm happy for the kid. He worked his ass off and looked pretty good in the pre-season games I watched, defnitely deserved it!

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Between this signing and Oduro's newfound finishing skills (Shipp fueled no doubt), so much more comfortable with Drogba's anticipated/expected multiple days off

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Oduro is always good at the beginning of the season. This is nothing new.

He'll start sucking (or at least showing why he has bounced around so much in this league) when the pressure grows, when space gets tighter and other players grow into their usual form.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009

He'll start sucking (or at least showing why he has bounced around so much in this league) when the pressure grows, when space gets tighter and other players grow into their usual form.

Don't crap on my rainbow bro

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

There's no reason to burst his bubble for now. Maybe Shipp likes Oduro's specific routes and likes how fast he gets there. Shipp is a threw-ball disher, so fast strikers are pretty much what you hope to play with.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
Romario Williams to be loaned out to a USL team this season.

Drogba won't be playing vs Vancouver (knees bothering him since Tampa game). IMFC to be prudent since its a long season. Porter also has a little injury. Looks like Oduro will start on Sunday and will start the year with Oduro, Salazar and AJH.

Last edited:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
There's no reason to burst his bubble for now. Maybe Shipp likes Oduro's specific routes and likes how fast he gets there. Shipp is a threw-ball disher, so fast strikers are pretty much what you hope to play with.

Ah, yes, Shipp will help create chances, no doubt.

sandropos

Feb 24, 2016
Romario Williams to be loaned out to a USL team this season.

Drogba won't be playing vs Vancouver (knees bothering him since Tampa game). IMFC to be prudent since its a long season. Porter also has a little injury. Looks like Oduro will start on Sunday and will start the year with Oduro, Salazar and AJH.

Hopefully Drogba will be playing in the home opener next saturday

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Implying that Martineau is a ******. Clever.

I am many things my friend, but clever certainly isn't one of them.

So he automatically gets carte-blanche to act like a vaginal shower-bag who constantly asks boneheaded questions during interviews?

He should spend a bit more time on his craft and less on his hair

And I thought I hated the guy :laugh:

Williams being loaned out to A USL team means he won'T go to FC MTL, right?

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
In the end I'm pretty satisfied with what IMFC got in the off-season. Shipp brings much needed offensive flair and talent in the midfield attacking position (and he passes the ball, unlike Piatti); Salazar brings header skills (and funk) and hunger for the ball up front; Ontivero brings obvious skills on the wing (which we were missing after Mapp got injured - Piatti mostly playing in an attacking midfield position). All we miss is a good midfielder who can recuperate balls and bring them up. Maybe this summer when more players are available.

edit: oh, and cant forget bringing back Cabrera. That was essential.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I originally though that they kept AJH instead of Williams because of the Canadian player rule (a canadian team must have at least 3 Canadian players in their roster), but we already have 5 Canadian players: Lefèvre [now a Canadian citizen], Bernier, Crépeau, Tissot, and AJH.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I originally though that they kept AJH instead of Williams because of the Canadian player rule (a canadian team must have at least 3 Canadian players in their roster), but we already have 5 Canadian players: Lefèvre [now a Canadian citizen], Bernier, Crépeau, Tissot, and AJH.
You're 50% right. They kept AJH over Williams because loaning Williams gives us a free international spot. I wonder if that means that the team has a plan to being in fresh blood soon, or just a safe blanket for a big aquisition in the summer transfer window.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Crap won't be able to make it for the home opener... Anybody interested in a pair of tickets in the Greens (138 VV)? PM me I guess (will sell for face value)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad