Montreal Impact Thread LIII - Shipp'ing up to Montreal! - 6/03|530PM: @VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I dunno. I just don't see enough talent there. Plus, the striker position has been typically where teams have splurged and gotten DPs. I don't think we'll ever look back on this.

Romario did very well in college so yes I think he has more than enough talent. Sadly he takes an International spot and we already have a bunch of them. I see him becoming a better version of Mattocks.

I was gonna ask whether or not Drogba will play on Sunday because he only played 45 minutes. Looks like I've my answer.
chart depth :
1.Drogba
2.Oduro
3.Salazar
4.Porter
5.AJH

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
The same way we miss blake smith, andrew wenger, jackmac, etc.

Atlanta are an expansion team, they will give him PLENTY of minutes and take into consideration how ambitious Atlanta are, chances are he'll play alongside world class strikers and midfielders.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Romario did very well in college so yes I think he has more than enough talent. Sadly he takes an International spot and we already have a bunch of them. I see him becoming a better version of Mattocks.

I was gonna ask whether or not Drogba will play on Sunday because he only played 45 minutes. Looks like I've my answer.
chart depth :
1.Drogba
2.Oduro
3.Salazar
4.Porter
5.AJH

I don't think Salazar is above Porter in the depth chart. I personally think Porter is and will be the better player.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I don't think Salazar is above Porter in the depth chart. I personally think Porter is and will be the better player.

yeah I think so too.

However, for now I would put Salazar above as I wouldn't rush Porter back into the lineup and make him start day in day out.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Atlanta are an expansion team, they will give him PLENTY of minutes and take into consideration how ambitious Atlanta are, chances are he'll play alongside world class strikers and midfielders.

alongside or behind?

probably the latter

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

chart depth :
1.Drogba
2.Oduro
3.Salazar
4.Porter
5.AJH

My depth chart:

Drogba, Oduro, Porter, then a tie between AJH/Salazar.

Though you're right, they should be careful with Porter. He seemed able to play at a high level in the Rowdies tournament.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
alongside or behind?

probably the latter

There is no way if Atlanta acquires him that he'll be their 4th striker. Possibly a DP striker ahead of him but that'll be about it. Anyway nothing is confirmed atm. If only he wasn't an International...

I understand that LAG may not be in form, and this is essentially pre-season for them but Gerrard and Dos Santos seem like flops thus far as DPs.

They are though. Van Damme assisted two Santos Laguna goals as of now. For some reason if Ashley Cole were there, I feel they would play better. Not that he is a big differnce maker but he was very into it in the 1st leg and played an excellent game. Gerrard should just retire. smh. Giovani not helping with that display the ' borracho' chant. Embarrassing

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
They are though. Van Damme assisted two Santos Laguna goals as of now. For some reason if Ashley Cole were there, I feel they would play better. Not that he is a big differnce maker but he was very into it in the 1st leg and played an excellent game. Gerrard should just retire. smh. Giovani not helping with that display the ' borracho' chant. Embarrassing

Ironic since Van Damme is the one who has played more as of late.
I agree about Ashley Cole, he was the better player for LA last game imo, I wasnt expecting that. I was expecting more out of Zardes since he kept training and played with the USMNT in the off-season.

The team didnt show up but the whole CCL schedule is very advantageous for Liga MX vs MLS, thats undeniable. What IMFC did last year was huge, and they were only one coaching decision away from wining it all: to not sit back on a 1 goal lead against a offensive powerhouse.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
So, LAG and DCU are both already eliminated from this year's CCL.

Just realized that what our team has accomplished last year was phenomenal.

Let's wait until tomorrow's result in Azteca. If Seattle can pulled the upset or get crushed like LAG did.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Ironic since Van Damme is the one who has played more as of late.
I agree about Ashley Cole, he was the better player for LA last game imo, I wasnt expecting that. I was expecting more out of Zardes since he kept training and played with the USMNT in the off-season.

The team didnt show up but the whole CCL schedule is very advantageous for Liga MX vs MLS, thats undeniable. What IMFC did last year was huge, and they were only one coaching decision away from wining it all: to not sit back on a 1 goal lead against a offensive powerhouse.

If only Bush didn't get suspended. If only Chicago loaned us Sean "PK" Johnson. If only... :(

It was a great run nonetheless. We were quite the underdogs.

No proper striker either. Phenomenal run.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
So, LAG and DCU are both already eliminated from this year's CCL.

Just realized that what our team has accomplished last year was phenomenal.

Let's wait until tomorrow's result in Azteca. If Seattle can pulled the upset or get crushed like LAG did.
I called Seattle winning last week, it'll be interesting to see tonight.
If only Bush didn't get suspended. If only Chicago loaned us Sean "PK" Johnson. If only... :(

It was a great run nonetheless. We were quite the underdogs.

No proper striker either. Phenomenal run.
It was absolutely insane! The Porter goal was pure madness, I've never gone so crazy after a goal. Romero's goal less than 10 minutes into the final at the Big O was also something else.

Edit: And it also brought us this gem :laugh:

8faec916e3520bf444a64de7d3cae34d.gif

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Don't forget Romero's goal in Alajuela. I was at the Impact party at p Peel pub and the place went absolutely nuts.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

Based on these tweets, either they didn't care or they are butt hurt that they lost.:laugh:

Better be the latter. The MLS has to start taking the champions league seriously. It's a way to attract players from around the world (More opportunity for glory/exposure). If MLS teams prove they can compete with MX teams, it's only good for the league.

Here's hoping Seattle can pull an upset. I have my doubts, but they do have some quality on the field.

Dec 2, 2010
Completely agree. With clubs like Tigres and America that are ready to spend a lot of money, Mexico is more attractive to the younger players.

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
Canadian Defender Marcel De Jong was let go by Kansas City yesterday, a day later he gets signed by Ottawa.

Kinda important, since he's one of our better defenders on the national team.

Situations like this exemplify why we need more Canadian teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad