Montreal Impact Thread LIII - Shipp'ing up to Montreal! - 6/03|530PM: @VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Shhh laurent Drogba can do no wrong! He's allowed to pick the games he feels like playing, because thats what athletes do!

Subban to skip the home opener next year because he doesn't like the time of the game, i'm sure everyone will understand right?

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Missing part of the training camp, while not a fan of it, I could accept. Now, this is a bunch of ********. You're either in the team or not.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
I honestly don't mind...the season is a marathon, not a race. This gives an opportunity to Salazar to play some minutes. Nobody expects Drogba to play all the games. If we could manage to keep him fresh until the playoffs, then we will be in good position.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
why on earth would our Front Office accept that ?
F*** that, when Henry was acting bigger than the Red Bulls, you know what Petke did ? He Benched his ass and NYRB won Supporters Shield

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Good thing I didn't buy that Piatti jersey :laugh:

Him leaving would be a bummer, but as long as he honours his contract he's fine by me.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Drogba leaving for a month is a freaking joke, I don't understand why the club would let him. However, he's not the first one to complain about it and they're right. The MLS needs to fix that if they want to be taken seriously as a top destination. Soccer is meant to be played on natural grass.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Drogba leaving for a month is a freaking joke, I don't understand why the club would let him. However, he's not the first one to complain about it and they're right. The MLS needs to fix that if they want to be taken seriously as a top destination. Soccer is meant to be played on natural grass.

Ok, but where do you want him to train in Montreal at this point in time? It's -15 outside.

Edit: I'll precise this post because I find it excuses Drogba. What I'm saying is MLS can't do much about it because even with a traditional schedule, there is parts of the year where, guess what, you have to at least train on synthetic. Also, some clubs don't have the options/control to have another type of surface. Can the Sounders objectively put grass? No, they don't have the final word. I think Portland doesn't have the control on that since the stadium is co-owned with a local athletic club. Does Vancouver have the means to build their own stadium at this point in time?

It's a rather complex issue because not all the clubs are in full control of their destiny. They often depend on another one in another sport or/and have to deal with financial, meteorological, political, etc, constraints.

Last edited:

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
I think Portland doesn't have the control on that since the stadium is co-owned with a local athletic club.

Portland can do it if they want, their issue is that the ground is extremely soggy year round, with a underground stream running by the stadium site. That, plus the normal Cascadia rainfall means it would be very difficult to maintain the surface to the quality required.

They are looking into it, and might do it if they can find some technical solutions to things, but for not they have turf with extra padding underneath which makes theirs a really good surface to play on.

You rarely hear people complaining about portland's surface. Compared to Seattle, Vancouver or New England it's loads better.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I always wondered how awkward it would be to be like "Hi my name is LaurentHabs, oh you're The Russian General? Nice to meet you. That guy sitting down over there is JunglePete, he's in a TFC jersey though, so you would've recognized him regardless"

Name tags.

Not surprised about Drogba, I kinda knew something like that would happen and I guess that's why IMFC wanted Finnbogasson badly
About Piatti, well, he left the team a few times over the last two years for family reasons. I'm pretty sure he's happy to be here but he really has his family as first priority. Losing him would ****. I hope the team has some plans (bring the other Piatti lul)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad