Montreal Impact Thread LIII - Shipp'ing up to Montreal! - 6/03|530PM: @VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Portland can do it if they want, their issue is that the ground is extremely soggy year round, with a underground stream running by the stadium site. That, plus the normal Cascadia rainfall means it would be very difficult to maintain the surface to the quality required.

They are looking into it, and might do it if they can find some technical solutions to things, but for not they have turf with extra padding underneath which makes theirs a really good surface to play on.

You rarely hear people complaining about portland's surface. Compared to Seattle, Vancouver or New England it's loads better.

****, I forgot the NE situation :laugh:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Mindblowing that with Soumare we made it to the finals. Another one (Seattle) bites the dust.... it's getting embarrassing now

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Anybody knows if Rachel Bonnetta still works for MLS? I remember that last year she was covering our success in the CCL. Like the way she pronounced Alajuelense

I don't know, she used to host MLS Now but now it seems like it's another girl doing that show so she might be out

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I don't know, she used to host MLS Now but now it seems like it's another girl doing that show so she might be out

She's gone lol I searched her on my Twitter app. At first, the non updated version showed "I talk good on MLSsoccer.com" and then, when the app was done updating, the website disappeared.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Tigres got CONCACAF'd. Conceded a penalty in the 78th minute so that RSL could equalize it 2-2 on aggregate

Believe it or not, Javi Morales missed a penalty lol

Gignac scores. RSL out. Man MLS teams suck in CCL

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Tigres got CONCACAF'd. Conceded a penalty in the 78th minute so that RSL could equalize it 2-2 on aggregate

Believe it or not, Javi Morales missed a penalty lol

Gignac scores. RSL out. Man MLS teams suck in CCL

blame it on fitness level.

We should have offered the 4 mil Gignac was asking for, dude is a scoring machine in Mexico. He could've been our Giovinco.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Anybody tired of Drogba and his "chinoiseries"?

I know he's good, I know he's legend, I know he's commited and engaged to this team and city, but he's been playing a lot like a diva since his arrival.

Now, he's planning on spending the next month "recovering" in Miami while the season starts, even when Montreal Impact has not agreed yet to his leave. This guy is really toying the team here.

I find that Marco Di Vaio, although not on the same level, has been a more honest ambassador to our team.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

I know he's good, I know he's legend, I know he's commited and engaged to this team and city, but he's been playing a lot like a diva since his arrival.

Now, he's planning on spending the next month "recovering" in Miami while the season starts, even when Montreal Impact has not agreed yet to his leave. This guy is really toying the team here.

I find that Marco Di Vaio, although not on the same level, has been a more honest ambassador to our team.

I want to change my Avatar. TRG, can I get a Mallace one pls?

LMFAO k not really, I'd be down for a Venegas one. I believe

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc

Not "recovering".

He's open about the fact that he doesn't want to play on synthetic fields.

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
I know all we've heard about Drogba is about the turf and that he's a Diva and whatnot, but I seriously think he just hates the weather here.

4-6 weeks in Florida means he comes back when the temperature is more London-y. Same reason he stayed in Qatar for camp. Sure, he likes the healthcare facility there, but Qatar happens to be beautiful weather in January, unlike Montreal.

Point is, he's a snowbird. He'll come back when it's warm and play down the stretch.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I want to change my Avatar. TRG, can I get a Mallace one pls?

LMFAO k not really, I'd be down for a Venegas one. I believe

Tell me if they're okay :laugh:

HC60Y9U.gif
3ix0ulL.gif
CMLi1n3.gif

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
TRG you messed up an easy joke. All you had to do was pick a picture of Venegas on the ground holding his ankle

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
A few interesting things:

TVA Sports story on Oyongo and how he grew up in Cameroon, and how he made his way up the ranks
http://www.tvasports.ca/2016/03/01/le-onze-de-depart--oyongo-la-bougie-dallumage

Also, in the IMFC season guide on MLS' website, Mathew Doyle (@MLSAnalyst) writes:

[...]in rebuffing multiple offers for Eric Alexander and coaxing one more year out of captain Patrice Bernier, they’ve ensured depth at the No. 8 spot at midfield.

After a sub-par year last year, sounds like a few teams were after Alexander. He looked good for the most part in the pre-season games I watched, hopefully he turns it around this year. He can be a key part in the midfield if he gets back to his NYRB form from 2 years ago.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Honestly, I'm so sick of Drogba right now. He's nothing but a distraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad