Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Last night was pretty bad in turn of special units PK (4-8) and PP(0-3).

But Hab are my team, I hope they win the next one!

Stop taking penalties! Put the puck in the goal!

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
First off, this will end in 5.
Eller's line was the only one not shooting from the perimeter all game and actually had someone in front of Bishop all game.

Secondly MT is a poor coach and Max once again proves he is worthless (don't care if he scores).

3rd MT has poor bench management. Eller is riding @ 61.7% on faceoffs. When you see him and Mitchell on the ice and he's not at center you know this coach is out of touch with reality.

Prust didn't cost us the game. Our PP did.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I clearly remember during the Cunneyworth debacle Francois Gagnon said that ''if it were Mike Babcock, we would understand.''

Funny he said that. Lets see if it's true.

Babcock or any expert English speaking coach...
Media would be fine with it until the very first losing streak that Habs have.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I thought the EGG line and our 4th line were the best 2.

Galchenyuk has been obviously struggling, while Eller is thriving, gally is gally.
I hope they keep that line together though, had some pretty good shifts (early on)

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
For those of us that missed the game last night, how was the EGG line?

A lot of us have wanted that line reunited ever since it was first broken up, even though it was our best line at the time.

If you were the coach, would you keep it together, even when Desharnais returns?
They played ok but since they haven't been together in 20 months you could tell it would take some getting use to. They should be kept together, but they won't. Alsothey had to play the system unlike when they use to play together so all the dynamics are lost. Chip, chase...rinse repeat

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Super excited when I saw they were playing together...
Super disappointed that they didn't play more, especially in the first.

That being said, they had some decent shifts together but that's it. In my humble opinion, it was Eller's worst game of the playoffs (he still was pretty good) and Gallaguer was less visible and effective. Galchenyuk played as he's been playing... terrible.

That being said, I hope they keep them together.

PAP should also stay with Plecs and Patches.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Super excited when I saw they were playing together...
Super disappointed that they didn't play more, especially in the first.

That being said, they had some decent shifts together but that's it. In my humble opinion, it was Eller's worst game of the playoffs (he still was pretty good) and Gallaguer was less visible and effective. Galchenyuk played as he's been playing... terrible.

That being said, I hope they keep them together.

PAP should also stay with Plecs and Patches.

paps should not even be dressed, play Angro, Hudon, anyone that can skate and maybe put the puck in the net. Three games and he has been invisible and has not scored a goal in months but yeah lets keep doing the same things

RealCity

Nov 14, 2008
MontREAL
Surprised no one is talking about the Weise misconduct which i thought was total BS, way worse in my opinion than the whole Prust situation.

number 11

Jan 11, 2008
Montreal
long overdue. we can't expect these guys to mesh after not having played together for over a year, especially in game 2 of the second round. too late MT.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Habs can't give Tampa Bay any more wins on PP's, and if they are going to get penalized then score shorthanded, the ref's won't know how to beat them then!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Remember when our Dmen hit the net with their shots?

Feels like decades ago.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
We have all the tools to win the next 2 games in Tampa Bay. Just need to stay out of the box and concentrate on the game itself. Seriously, Tampa Bay is worse than Ottawa.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014

Feels like decades ago.

Our D-men are actually hitting the net, heck, our two goals yesterday were from D-men. What I really miss is Subban hitting the net instead of getting his shot blocked every time because everyone and their mother knows he's the only one allowed to shoot it.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I think if we can win the next game, we can go back to montreal tied 2-2....

Tampa lost 70% of their back to back games regular season...
Montreal won 60% of theirs....

Just trying to be optimistic

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
We have all the tools to win the next 2 games in Tampa Bay. Just need to stay out of the box and concentrate on the game itself. Seriously, Tampa Bay is worse than Ottawa.

I don't know if I would say that but they're definitely very soft. However, if we go toe to toe with them they have the superior team playing better in the moment, so we might have to amp up the physical or something to get the edge but that's something I'm not sure the team is willing to do because we just simply don't hate them enough to bring our A game to town. That's the sad reality with this leadership crew, they play great as underdogs against hated rivals but they just can't get up against teams they don't have a history against, and this dates back to our no show from last year's Rangers series.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Our D-men are actually hitting the net, heck, our two goals yesterday were from D-men. What I really miss is Subban hitting the net instead of getting his shot blocked every time because everyone and their mother knows he's the only one allowed to shoot it.

Petry is the only one who hits the net.

Most of the dmen shots are either blocked or are 10 feet away. The players in front of the goalies can't take any rebound because there aren't any.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
paps should not even be dressed, play Angro, Hudon, anyone that can skate and maybe put the puck in the net. Three games and he has been invisible and has not scored a goal in months but yeah lets keep doing the same things

At this point it's way too late and would be a very desperate move to play either Ghetto (who's still injured I believe) or Hudon in the playoffs with close to no NHL experience. Like it or not, it's live or (most likely) die with the crew we have.

However, if we can't give more time and opportunities to the youngsters next year, I'm really gonna lose my ****.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Petry is the only one who hits the net.

Most of the dmen shots are either blocked or are 10 feet away. The players in front of the goalies can't take any rebound because there aren't any.

I thought Gilbert wasn't too bad either, though still not as good as Petry. Emelin never had a really accurate shot to begin with, Subban's gets blocked 99% of the time, Pateryn can hopefully improve his accuracy with some time, and Markov seems to have forgotten he isn't obligated to pass but can also shoot from time to time.

I guess we're missing another D with a hard and accurate shot. Doesnt look like Beaulieu will be that guy though. Wish it could be Nygren, but this seems unlikely.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Score effects likely has something to do with it, but we absolutely dominated them at Even Strength. Lack of discipline and horrible special teams cost us, both having to do with coaching. If we can stay disciplined and have some better puck luck around the net, we can come back with the series tied.

I don't think any of those things will happen though, so it may very well be a sweep.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The Habs are 0 and 7 and have been outscored 29-11 against Tampa this season. Tampa and Ben Bishop absolutely own the Habs and their pretend offense.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
The Habs are 0 and 7 and have been outscored 29-11 against Tampa this season. Tampa and Ben Bishop absolutely own the Habs and their pretend offense.

:laugh:
The coach said we're a grinding team and the GM went and got a full 4th line at the TDL to add to our existing 4th line. Are we even really pretending anything? :help:

HabsDieHard*

Last nights' game was unacceptable on every level and I find it bothersome some fans are talking about how they played well.

It was an awful game for the team, no sustained offensive pressure, no discipline, and no push back.

It all starts with coaching to be honest.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Feels like decades ago.
Probably the wrong time for you to bring this up after a game where our only two goals were scored by point shots from Dmen...

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

I feel as though we are done. It can turn around I guess but what is the scariest thing to me is the fact that Tampa almost seems to be able to get dominated then score at will. They are so deep and now Stamkos is getting going, our best playoff scorer last year is no longer in the NHL so that speaks volumes about us. We have truckloads of character so let's see if we can unload some of it and claw our way back here.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad