Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005
Dont know if anyone agrees (not gonna read through the whole thread) but MTL has dominated 5 on 5.

If not for pi$$ poor special teams, this series is 2-0 habs, but thems is the breaks.

Habs could have put the games away in the first period, but just cant get that kill shot. Its frustrating to watch. And once they are down 2-3 goals, they know its game over. They cant score. I dont know who to blame anymore, coaching styles, lack of offensive talent etc.
Teams like Tampa can afford to not be at their best, because they have game breakers.

Im not totally devastated because a)the series isnt over b)habs have been the better team overall IMO c)we have Price.

But ill say this, Habs have given the Bolts all they can handle and still cant win. Tampa is deeper and overall have a lot more offensive options. Will be tough, but not impossible.

Not even going to comment on the Prust stuff because its all fluff. Nothing to see here.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
I'll go on a limb and predict Babock to Montréal. I'm Québécois, and I know how the media and publishing houses work, and it seems like journalists would understand getting the best in the business; + from Montréal (McGill). It's only logical. Our GM is from Saint-Henri, he can run that train.

I agree in part they would accept him since he is the best in the business. But I still think he will just stay in Detroit and they shall give him the money he wants. That said if he does not stay in Detroit he is coming to Montreal :)

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
well, you're the one saying the pool is limited, you wouldnt make something like that up right ?

Perhaps because you cant hire a coach that only speaks english. Who is making anything up, there were protests for an interim sacrificial lamb coach. Perhaps if it is simpler you will understand..... English speaking coaches may want to coach here but the Organization wont let them due to public outrage.

Habby77

Feb 9, 2009
Planet Earth
well, you're the one saying the pool is limited, you wouldnt make something like that up right ?

Put it this way: what was one of the main stipulations that a coach must posses in order to coach here...? Look good? Nope. The stupid media and idiotic Quebec mentality that they must speak French.

Habby77

Feb 9, 2009
Planet Earth
Perhaps because you cant hire a coach that only speaks english. Who is making anything up, there were protests for an interim sacrificial lamb coach. Perhaps if it is simpler you will understand..... English speaking coaches may want to coach here but the Organization wont let them due to public outrage.

Amen!

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013

The pool is limited because you have to choose people who can speak the language, and that doesn't leave many coaches who can get the job. If you expanded your coaching search and accepted people who only speak english, you would have many more candidates for the job and a much better chance of getting a better coach. I think what everyone here wants is to have the best coach possible. Whether he be french or english, I don't think we should care. We are choosing our coaches from such a shallow pool that it's rare that there is even one good who's available.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I agree in part they would accept him since he is the best in the business. But I still think he will just stay in Detroit and they shall give him the money he wants. That said if he does not stay in Detroit he is coming to Montreal :)

On tsn they said he'd have to take a huge paycut to stay in Detroit.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
On tsn they said he'd have to take a huge paycut to stay in Detroit.

That is odd though, I thought Holland said when they first started up all the Babcock to Leafs **** that money wouldnt be the issue for him leaving.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I feel bad for Carey Price.
I do too, Price is the Hab's best player. Too bad his numbers against Tampa Bay don't match up with his numbers against the rest of the league. I thought last game the tying goal with 24 seconds left on TB's powerplay in the first period was the turning point in the game giving TB confidence that they could win the game despite being out-played for most of the period. I'm not blaming Price for the loss but that was a stoppable puck which Price needed to save at a crucial point in the game.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
MB is to nice of a guy and won't fire anyone, sadly.
This will be his downfall.

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007
I'm pretty sure that Mike Babcock, given his creds, would get a pass from all but the most imbecilic ssjb types in Montreal.....

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Apparently they have a really good coach in the AHL ready for the NHL.

Must be nice, let a HoF coach go because you have a coach ready to make the move. Meanwhile habs cant get a decent coach at either level.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
please don't defend Prust.

Even if we didnt get scored on his 4 min, he gave TB the chance to get momentum back when we we're clearly dominating them.

It was a selfish, ******** thing that he tried and the team should penalize him for doing so.
That shouldn't have even been a 2 min. penalty, nevermind 4 minutes, so not really Prust's fault. The officiating was a joke the entire game.
Prust's extremely light touch to Bishop was a joke as well. For God's sake it's not like he Kreiderized Bishop. Bishop was blocking him out, took his usual dive and Prust answered the bell against Coburn. So big *** deal.
Prust is the only guy that will defend himself and his teammates on this soft team, so Habs are lucky to have him.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Having one of the worst (if not the worst) powerplays in the league is depressing.

How is it we have more chances on the pk than the pp.......

Therrien has done nothing to improve out pp.

I lost my voice last night

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
The EGG Line

For those of us that missed the game last night, how was the EGG line?

A lot of us have wanted that line reunited ever since it was first broken up, even though it was our best line at the time.

If you were the coach, would you keep it together, even when Desharnais returns?

habshockey24*

Brandon needs to be alot more like Brendan Gallagher and stay disciplined.

habshockey24*

The only way Montreal comes back to win this series is Price has to steal games and they have got to get the PP going,if Montreal goes 2-3 or 2-4 on the PP they will win.

habshockey24*

In the 2011 playoffs Montreal won the 1st 2 games on the road in Boston and the Bruins came back and won the series and the stanley cup and Montreal with Price can do the same.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
Prust PK actually gave us momentum, we went right back and stormed the bolts zone. Then PK with his usualy cross check actually gets called. Seriously could be called a dozen times a game, but it usually never does. This isn't prust, but what he said is true. There is something about officiating in the NHL that smacks of bias or even corruption.

And before you say it can't happen in hockey I will point you to every other major sports that have had their officials looked into. NHL is old boys club that doesn't like reality to intrude on WTF they think is happening. Italian parliament found rampant corruption in football something they thought could never happen to their national sport. NBA refs sports betting, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-FLHKsbWkU look its Watson
My point wasnt against the referees or if things like that happens during the game.

What Prust did was a selfish move when we we're buzzing already.

Prust did it countless times, fighting or trying to fight when we have the momentum throughout the year. It's infuriating. He was not a good teammate yesterday, going by his own feud. That's my problem with him yesterday.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
I think the problem is not whether the coach speaks French... I think we simply don't want an anglophone coach, whether or not he speaks french.

I was very, very saddened by the death of Viktor Tikhonov in November because for the past few years I've been saying that I wanted him to be named Habs coach. Tikhonov would have been an amazing coach in Montreal.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Hope you guys can take the next must win game. Was at the tam tams yesterday watching the game with a bunch of my hab buddies on an IPad. Beautiful day, not so beautiful game..

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I clearly remember during the Cunneyworth debacle Francois Gagnon said that ''if it were Mike Babcock, we would understand.''

Funny he said that. Lets see if it's true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad