Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsDieHard*

Even when Therrien does something people want, he does it in a stupid way.

Made no sense to break up the Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher line.

So while I was happy ot see the EGG line again, it came about as a result by yet another dumb coaching decision by the worst in game manager in the NHL.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
maybe YOU should get over the fact next Habs coach will speak some french...

jamais entendu personne se plaindre de parler trop de langues différentes.

Speaking more languages won't win you a cup. If the guy they feel can get them a cup as a coach doesn't speak french, then he won't be hired. That's his point.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Probably the wrong time for you to bring this up after a game where our only two goals were scored by point shots from Dmen...

Because 2 goals happened from the dmen yesterday doesn't mean the majority of their shots hit the net.

Time might be "wrong", point is still right.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
yep weise our only other decent hitter was ejected too. But we have people saying this is all on tge habs for not being disciplined. .um ok how about calling something the other way because a saw slew keg and low bridges . but onky our habs taking non playoff style penalties

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
maybe YOU should get over the fact next Habs coach will speak some french...

jamais entendu personne se plaindre de parler trop de langues différentes.

I know, which is the problem. We impose a restriction on ourselves that no other team has, and limit the possibility of hiring the best option available. Todd McLellan is a fantastic, offensive minded coach, who prefers an aggressive style of play. He would be ideal given we have players like Subban and Galchenyuk. But we'll never talk to him because he doesn't speak French.

If Alain Vingeunt were available, fine. You can target him. He isn't though. So let's not handicap ourselves by only looking at coaches based on language.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I feel as though we are done. It can turn around I guess but what is the scariest thing to me is the fact that Tampa almost seems to be able to get dominated then score at will. They are so deep and now Stamkos is getting going, our best playoff scorer last year is no longer in the NHL so that speaks volumes about us. We have truckloads of character so let's see if we can unload some of it and claw our way back here.:laugh:

If they claw the eyes out of Bishop and a few more of Tampa's best players they may have a shot maybe. :) Otherwise I think the Habs and their pathetic offense and PP are done unfortunately. :(

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
We played like Bruins vs us. We have to stop that style, and concentrate on playing hockey, then we should be fine.
I find we played better than them in the first game, also better in the 1st period of yesterday game.

RuskiNik

May 19, 2014
Montréal
Our defense is being misused and other teams are exploiting that...MT needs to adjust asap or this team won't even win a game.

Goals on ice for:
Senators: 12GF
Gilbert: 3
Emelin: 5

Tampa Bay: 8GF
Gilbert: 6
Emelin: 2

Total thus far: 20GF
Gilbert: 9
Emelin: 7

Also, Prust is an idiot.

Lmao Gilbert and Emelin are playing better than or as good as Marky and Subban. And I know Emelin is +1 during the playoffs this year LOL. and Gilbert has 2 goals

Last edited:

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Can't win em all. We got them right where we want them. Down 2-0 including a blowout game. Habs will win 4 games in a row baby :yo:

Habs are a hot and cold team. We won 7 straight games until we lost game # 4 vs Ottawa. Now, we lost 4 of the last 5 games. We are du for another win straight, 4-5 games would be good. :nod:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If they claw the eyes out of Bishop and a few more of Tampa's best players they may have a shot maybe. :) Otherwise I think the Habs and their pathetic offense and PP are done unfortunately. :(

Bishop could play with his eyes closed all game and he'd still stop 99.9% of the shots aimed at his crest.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
Bishop could play with his eyes closed all game and he'd still stop 99.9% of the shots aimed at his crest.

The Plekanec shot pretty much summarizes what we've been doing.

2 on 1
Bishop goes down, two pad stack with his glove above his pads
Plekanec is staring at the puck while Bishop has already gone down and into position.
Plekanec shoots the puck into Bishop's glove, he didn't move the glove or react to the shot. Plekanec shoots it into his glove.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The Plekanec shot pretty much summarizes what we've been doing.

2 on 1
Bishop goes down, two pad stack with his glove above his pads
Plekanec is staring at the puck while Bishop has already gone down and into position.
Plekanec shoots the puck into Bishop's glove, he didn't move the glove or react to the shot. Plekanec shoots it into his glove.

Yep. Any half decent team, no matter the player puts that in. It's quite ridiculous.

Subban also had a great chance in the second and he just shot it straight into his crest at point blank range. Could not believe.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
PP outage and lack of discipline probably cost us the season, Prust and PK's selfish penalties sucked the life out of us in the 1st and went downhill from there especially now that we gave the Bolts some confidence on their PP

They weren't selfish penalties. It's like some of you are watching hockey for the first time and I know it's not the case.

Prust penalty: According to him, as he was skating to the bench he told the ref that the call was soft, which it was, and then the ref chewed him up. Prust didn't respond and just said ''ya okay'' repeatedly. Apparently the ref didn't like this nonchalance from Prust so he gave him that extra 2. I mean really, we've all seen players go absolutely nuts after calls, slash their sticks, slam the doors, go berserk in penalty bench, and they don't get extra 2. But now that Watson decided to give an extra 2 on something nobody could even see, it's suddenly Prust being selfish and undisciplined? Please. BS Call.

PK penalty: Routine little crosscheck that every player gets in the POs when they rush the net hard as Callahan did. Sure, PK could have let down a bit. The refs also can stop being inconsistent and randomly pick when they decide to call a penalty. That might help players. They just gave a 4 min PP to TB, usually the Refs would let that go.

Gilbert penalty: Johnson tries to cut in front of the net, Gilbert sticks his arms out and crosschecks him. Routine play that you see almost every time players are attacking the net. ¸

Petry penalty: Morrow did the same thing earlier in the game. He hit DSP who wasn't looking and didn't have the puck, which caused him to fall down. No call.
But hey, let's call this one. Sure.

Mitchell penalty: Bishop is out of his crease, and if you look at the overhead replay, you can even see him moves towards Mitchell after he made the stop. No doubt in my mind he was fishing for a call. It's not like Mitchell just tried to hit Bishop. He was rushing to the net, Bishop came out of his crease.

The Habs were not any more undisciplined than usual. Sure, maybe at the end they kind of lost it with Prust going after Bishop. That said, I commented earlier in the game how Bishop always creates interference when he gets out of his net. He was doing it all game. Goes out to play the puck and blocks the lane after, he even tried to sell an interference earlier in the game where he clearly embellished and seemed to have gotten a warning for it. So I don't mind. He lost it after when he threw his elbow pad, and Weise getting the game, which, again, debatable but at 5-2, I get it.

It was 1-1 after the first period. I don't care how annoying the PK penalty is. The game is not over. Isn't Therrien this great motivating coach?? So what gives? His speech after the 1st period wasn't motivating enough?? We come out flat in the 2nd. Why is that? Oh right it's that penalty PK took over 20 minutes ago..:facepalm:
Then, we have back to back PPs, that goes nowhere yet again. Ya ya, our PP suck, nothing new here. So let's brush it aside because we're used to it, the real issue is the penalty PK took about 30 min ago!!! :facepalm:

And of course, that's all Therrien had to say right. It's the lack of discipline. When asked about the PP, can you guess what he said, the players didn't execute. Right. It's been two freaking years that they're not executing his terrible strategies. Oh no wait, when the PP does look better even without scoring, like the previous game, it's the players following the game plan.

This guy has no answer whatsoever to why we are scoring at the same pace the god damn Sabres scored at this year. But ya, sure, the problem is the discipline, not this putrid scoring.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Sad but probably true. :( Pretty easy to make saves when the majority of the Habs shots from their forwards come from the perimeter on either wing with no traffic in front that hit the goalie right in the logo.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Probably the wrong time for you to bring this up after a game where our only two goals were scored by point shots from Dmen...

The 7 dmen used by MT have 4 goals and 15 points.

Our top 6 (Patch, Plekanec, Gallagher, DD, galchenyuk, Parenteau) have 6 goals and 12 points.

Definitely the problem of our offense is the defensemen ;) it's as clear as water ...

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Was embarrassed being a Habs fan last night. Embarrassing show. Also, Therrien is ape.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I know, which is the problem. We impose a restriction on ourselves that no other team has, and limit the possibility of hiring the best option available. Todd McLellan is a fantastic, offensive minded coach, who prefers an aggressive style of play. He would be ideal given we have players like Subban and Galchenyuk. But we'll never talk to him because he doesn't speak French.

If Alain Vingeunt were available, fine. You can target him. He isn't though. So let's not handicap ourselves by only looking at coaches based on language.

As a guy who speaks no French whatsoever, cheering for a team who has this policy ****ing kills me. It makes me nuts. It will forever hold this franchise back.

When my uncle tells me to "cheer for another team", I have to think about it sometimes.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
As a guy who speaks no French whatsoever, cheering for a team who has this policy ****ing kills me. It makes me nuts. It will forever hold this franchise back.

When my uncle tells me to "cheer for another team", I have to think about it sometimes.
I'm french and I think it's the dumbest policy ever.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Real embarrassing game last night, but if they win next one, the series is back to being competitive. It's looking grim, but every game with Carey in nets is a potential victory.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
The 7 dmen used by MT have 4 goals and 15 points.

Our top 6 (Patch, Plekanec, Gallagher, DD, galchenyuk, Parenteau) have 6 goals and 12 points.

Definitely the problem of our offense is the defensemen ;) it's as clear as water ...

Getzlaff and Perry have a combined 22 points? Our forward group lacks the big time scorers .

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
690 has been good this morning lot of talk about the changes to roster in the last year or two Tampa vs Montreal we haven't come close to keeping up with their roster moves. Maybe this next year will be the big year bunch of dead cap is coming off the books.

Oct 22, 2012

You also have to look Bergevins vision. He's a strong believer of defence wins you championships. I know it's his job to employ a coach and the coach implements the system, but you have to assume that he is going to hire somebody who has a similar mindset. I don't think Therrien was the right choice at the time, and still don't.

With that said, the series is far from over. Habs have dug themselves into a hole no doubt, but having a terrible PP isn't the decisive factor. In fact, many championship teams have displayed sub par power plays, but one thing a lot of them do have is excellent penalty kills. Against Tampa, right now it feels as if you could have an amazing PK but against that talent why take the risk? Playing as a team means doing what's best for the team.

They want to play for #4, but some of them miss his message. The team has to play as a unit to win the cup. Forget your personal agendas, if our PK can't handle them, then don't give the refs a reason to call a PP. All media claims it's a tight nit group, but now is the time to show that.

Our team isn't done. Some crappy decisions cost the team the game. Lots of hockey to be played yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad