Montreal embarrassed by Tampa and themselves (Lose 6-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
please don't defend Prust.

Even if we didnt get scored on his 4 min, he gave TB the chance to get momentum back when we we're clearly dominating them.

It was a selfish, ******** thing that he tried and the team should penalize him for doing so.

Prust PK actually gave us momentum, we went right back and stormed the bolts zone. Then PK with his usualy cross check actually gets called. Seriously could be called a dozen times a game, but it usually never does. This isn't prust, but what he said is true. There is something about officiating in the NHL that smacks of bias or even corruption.

And before you say it can't happen in hockey I will point you to every other major sports that have had their officials looked into. NHL is old boys club that doesn't like reality to intrude on WTF they think is happening. Italian parliament found rampant corruption in football something they thought could never happen to their national sport. NBA refs sports betting, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-FLHKsbWkU look its Watson

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Is that like your go to drama when things go bad?

I dont even see the link even if I try hard

While it may not be the primary issue, it is one worth criticising. This off season will have some fantastic coaches available: Mike Babcock, Todd McLellan, likely Ken Hitchcock. Hell, even Dan Byslma is better. Travis Green, John Stevens and Jeff Blashill around out an excellent corp of rookie coaches.

This stupid bilingual rule bars us from hiring any of them, which is only to the detriment of the Canadiens. Sure, I like Guy Boucher, but many of the names above have a much better resume that should be considered. They can either learn French down the road, the team can hire a translator or the assistant coach can speak French.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
While it may not be the primary issue, it is one worth criticising. This off season will have some fantastic coaches available: Mike Babcock, Todd McLellan, likely Ken Hitchcock. Hell, even Dan Byslma is better. Travis Green, John Stevens and Jeff Blashill around out an excellent corp of rookie coaches.

This stupid bilingual rule bars us from hiring any of them, which is only to the detriment of the Canadiens. Sure, I like Guy Boucher, but many of the names above have a much better resume that should be considered. They can either learn French down the road, the team can hire a translator or the assistant coach can speak French.

they never do.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Frankly, who cares? Koivu never learned French and somehow the Habs survived. People need to get over this bilingualism. I don't get if he speaks Klington, I just want the best coach available.

maybe YOU should get over the fact next Habs coach will speak some french...

jamais entendu personne se plaindre de parler trop de langues différentes.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Habs win the next one. And games 3 & 4 on back to back nights - if they win one they can easily win 2.

I'm not giving up. Neither should you guys.

On the topic of Prust - I was personally shocked to hear his comments. You wouldn't expect a ref to nag you like that - and than call HIM out for unsportsmanlike conduct with an extra 2mins? I think that's BS if that's what happened.

I still think Prust added like a buffoon last night, but it doesn't matter. Refs should remain impartial and I don't want refs who do crap like that employed by the NHL.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
maybe YOU should get over the fact next Habs coach will speak some french...

jamais entendu personne se plaindre de parler trop de langues différentes.

What is speaking more languages worth when we get humiliated and possibly swept in the playoffs because the coach is not good enough at the one skill that actually matters for his position?

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Habs win the next one. And games 3 & 4 on back to back nights - if they win one they can easily win 2.

I'm not giving up. Neither should you guys.

On the topic of Prust - I was personally shocked to hear his comments. You wouldn't expect a ref to nag you like that - and than call HIM out for unsportsmanlike conduct with an extra 2mins? I think that's BS if that's what happened.

I still think Prust added like a buffoon last night, but it doesn't matter. Refs should remain impartial and I don't want refs who do crap like that employed by the NHL.

Without those stupid penalities, Habs were in control. First game should have been won by Habs without bad luck (2 posts and a fluke goal in OT).

They say it's a character team, it's time to prove it now.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Frankly, who cares? Koivu never learned French and somehow the Habs survived. People need to get over this bilingualism. I don't get if he speaks Klington, I just want the best coach available.

I'll go on a limb and predict Babock to Montréal. I'm Québécois, and I know how the media and publishing houses work, and it seems like journalists would understand getting the best in the business; + from Montréal (McGill). It's only logical. Our GM is from Saint-Henri, he can run that train.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
What is speaking more languages worth when we get humiliated and possibly swept in the playoffs because the coach is not good enough at the one skill that actually matters for his position?

nah you're right, him being a frenchie prevented him from learning and becoming a better coach.

Habby77

Feb 9, 2009
Planet Earth

THANK-YOU for this! No wonder the pool for coaches and players wanting to come here is so limited when ppl are still stuck in such selfish "must speak french" thinking. Love the team but that whole attitude gets old very fast!

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
THANK-YOU for this! No wonder the pool for coaches and players wanting to come here is so limited when ppl are still stuck in such selfish "must speak french" thinking. Love the team but that whole attitude gets old very fast!

limited ? who doesnt want to come here ?

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Man, we got wrecked. :laugh:

Anyway, just think about all the fun things you're going to do with your time after. That's one great thing about Montreal. Our consolation prize is an amazing city in the summer time. :propeller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad