Speculation: Monday predictions?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Isles stand pat and we find out after the fact that no one offered what Lou wants for pending UFAs.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
There seems to be some smoke around Soucy to Edmonton. Kulak as well. So perhaps one of those. The Oilers might be wary of trading for a D after the Kulikov trade was a dud last year. But maybe a D with term or control is different

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Isles stand pat and we find out after the fact that no one offered what Lou wants for pending UFAs.

As much of a critique as that may be, it’s also not a bad thing for a GM to build a reputation that he’s not gonna be bent over and if you want something, you’re gonna have to pay up.

… Of course, then there’s the whole Devon Toews thing.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
As much of a critique as that may be, it’s also not a bad thing for a GM to build a reputation that he’s not gonna be bent over and if you want something, you’re gonna have to pay up.

… Of course, then there’s the whole Devon Toews thing.
The Devon Toews thing was comparable to what the Islanders sent in return but also no one really saw him breaking out like that after having some bad playoffs and being out of position quite a bit.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Here you go, a really big and unreal stretch.

Buffalo has a load of picks with huge cap space so they trade for;

JT Miller and Horvat from Van and Forsberg from Preds
Klingberg in summer

Might rewrite the division with those pieces

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I believe tomorrow will tell us a lot about the ambitions of the contenders : the three favorites have paid a lot. Will the other potential contenders think "ok not much we can do so no expensive trades" or "anyway we want to contend so let's go all in" (even more relevant for teams like WSH PIT and their ageing core and for EDM TOR risking to lose another year)

Reactions: BatVader

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I believe tomorrow will tell us a lot about the ambitions of the contenders : the three favorites have paid a lot. Will the other potential contenders think "ok not much we can do so no expensive trades" or "anyway we want to contend so let's go all in" (even more relevant for teams like WSH PIT and their ageing core and for EDM TOR risking to lose another year)
I think this is likely PITs last kick at the can, so if they’re not going to go all in, they should just stand pat and enjoy the ride.
WSH might have another year or 2 in them, so I can see them holding tight til next year and seeing how things land after this TDL fiasco.
EDM has to do something, with their fan base getting annoyed with the constant let downs, so I’m shocked they’ve been quiet so far.
TOR needs to address their mentality before anything else. Get the 1st round curse out of their heads and push through. Also, pick a goalie and go all in on him… don’t do the tandem BS.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'm hopeful Drury who has resisted trading Krav so far will continue to hold, pref adding for end of season + playoffs instead of taking less in deal.

Chychrun prob staying b'c no sense to move unless it is highest possible return and not clear if that happens now, or later, and also if trade at all is better than keeping him, at least for time being.
Rangers can only be interested in overpayment for Chych if in currency that works for NY that reduces some of excess at LD [a base of Lindgren + Jones] AND enables Chych to come back at half, so NY can make cap work going forward.

Geo + to LV for 1st +
no need to get a goalie coming back
Rakel to Rangers if price is right as a rental and no one else outbids. NY should not go nuts b'c he can't fit cap next yr.

As a favor, McKegg for a conditional 7th, need roster space.

I would prefer they not self rent Ryan Strome, NY is better off getting down to a younger core [Chytil, Barron and now Vatrano] and giving them max mins with minimum of juggling lines. Max retained for a 2nd or two 3rds. Howev, I don't expect Drury to go there

Reactions: AceKing21

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Haha come on.

Bertuzzi makes no sense for Anaheim because he only has one year left on his deal. But no one is giving you their Drysdale equivalent for him, if they even have a young player of his caliber in their lineup. Prospects + picks sure
Hey i'm not the one proposing it, One of your guys did. And if he think that Comtois+ Gets Bertuzzi he had better think again.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Hey i'm not the one proposing it, One of your guys did. And if he think that Comtois+ Gets Bertuzzi he had better think again.

Not saying Comtois + is any better. Like I said it makes no sense for the Ducks to outbid a win now team for a guy with one year left to UFA, but no team is giving you a Drysdale so that just wasn't worth bringing up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad