Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So I guess Evans become 2C and RHP 3C until the end of the season? Who else even is able to play center?

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Newhook-Evans-Anderson
Armia-RHP-Gallagher
Pezz-Stephens-Ylonen
Pearson (traded)

I'm hoping by some miracle RHP and Ylonen get top 9 ice time:

Caufield- Suzuki - Slaf
RHP - Newhook - Anderson
Armia - Evan's- Ylonen
Pearson/Gallagher- Condotta - Pez

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
You are assuming Allen isn't traded? I think he will be.
I think he will be traded next summer. There wont be interest at this deadline because of his cap and KH will not want to retain since there's one year remaining and he'll have to retain on Savard and Dvorak at the deadline 2025. Those two guys who are more valuable in my book and if he retains on Allen he wont be able to retain on both Savard and Dvorak.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Main board is still in meltdown!! LOL

The conditions on the 27 pick 3rd rounder................what are the conditions? Jets win the cup and it becomes a ????
It’s a nothing burger throw-in. They win the hardware, we get the 3rd rounder. Odds are slim to none so not even worth thinking about.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It’s a nothing burger throw-in. They win the hardware, we get the 3rd rounder. Odds are slim to none so not even worth thinking about.
And hopefully the Jets don't win the cup and we don't get the 3rd in 2027, but rather the Jets don't win their division and don't make it out of the 2nd round.

That way we get about a low 20's 1st instead of the 32nd overall pick and a 3rd.

Last edited:

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
As long as the Sens/Jackets don't sell anyone by the TDL, I'd be surprised if we finished ahead of them. Outside shot of the Ducks catching us too.

I just don't think we'll have the bodies to stay competitive. Maybe we can 3rd party at the TDL and take a bad contract with a pick to help us out?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Where's the Jets pick likely to be if they get bounced in the first round?
Lm93KRM.gif

:sarcasm:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
People can talk about overpayment and underpayment but the market is what the market is. I spitballed that the market will bear a late first and thats exactly what happened. At the end of the day, it comes down to the supply and demand in any given year.

I also get puzzled how people can say that this is too much for Winnipeg to give up. Guys picked in the 30 range are more likely to bust than become nhlers, let alone top 6 forward or top 4 dman. In return, the jets get a proven commodity to help in a year where it looks like they might be able to do something special.

It sounds pretty reasonable to me on both sides.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
And yet, we have fans who are mad. :laugh:
Yes. They fail to appreciate that Hughes is playing chess while other general managers are playing checkers.

That Hughes was able to convert the assumption of one year of Monahan’s contract into two first round draft choices is positively Machiavellian in its ingenuity.

The fact that most of us mere mortals can’t understand what first round draft choice we are receiving from the Flames constitutes a completely different matter.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad