Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Lol. Right now, the plan is to build. Not to contend. Trading Monahan is proof of that. Players CAN scoff all they want to the prospect of drafting high, their opinion doesn’t carry a lot of weight when HuGo meet with the owner on long term plans.
I never said contend or to make knee jerk moves. Relying fully on drafting is irrational. Every good team has made moves during a rebuild to help it along. You know so our kids can actually have decent players to play with? It actually helps development. Dvorak is the answer though. Players will scoff yes. And they won’t sign when it’s that time. Moral is a thing. This isn’t a contest on what team can get the most draft picks. After all we’ve done so well with drafting forwards right? Hahahah

3 different writers at the Athletic gave this trade an A+ for the Canadiens on this one. I don’t think i’ve ever seen this.

Oh, and I’m quite certain this pick is used to pick up an asset. Would not be surprised to see a defensemen traded with this pick to get a young forward from a team who has too much of them.
Funny I mentioned using picks for an asset or 2 and I got castrated on here today lol what a base

• Haha
Reactions: Big Lurk

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Jets have our 2nd round pick so they took a gamble they’d only drop down 15 spots. If they win the cup they will probably only drop 5-7 spots.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

Suzuki's reaction to the trade. Kind of funny lol

Someone save him :slaugh:

SmartSelect_20240202-095302_Brave.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Suzuki's reaction to the trade. Kind of funny lol

For added context, the Jesse Pollock character from Bardown is a Jets fan and took the opportunity to throw a barb at Suzuki over the Monahan trade that had happened only half an hour before the livestream. You can tell how much Suzuki is affected by the loss of Monahan. Totally classless, juvenile behavior from clown Jesse.

Last edited:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I mean I want RHP and Ylonen to get good ice time and they're already losing ice time to useless plugs like Gallagher, Person, and Armia. Do we need another plug winger? I think we need a center.
Could we use some of our picks to get rid of bad contracts like Gallagher or Dvorak? To erase bad contracts equals more money to spend on ufas. It makes room and we could put bad vets behind us. Dvo is not a bad vet in term of attitude but he's bad on the ice. Anderson I'm not sure. Yes he had a bad year but his attitude seems positive.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
For added context, the Jesse guy from Bardown is a Jets fan and took the opportunity to throw a barb at Suzuki over the Monahan trade that had happened only half an hour before the livestream. You can tell how much Suzuki is affected by the loss of Monahan. Totally classless, juvenile behavior from clown Jesse.

Yeah, that guy is a jackass. He even has the face to go with it. I actually wonder if he's a Jets moderator as some of them are jackasses too.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I never said contend or to make knee jerk moves. Relying fully on drafting is irrational. Every good team has made moves during a rebuild to help it along. You know so our kids can actually have decent players to play with? It actually helps development. Dvorak is the answer though. Players will scoff yes. And they won’t sign when it’s that time. Moral is a thing. This isn’t a contest on what team can get the most draft picks. After all we’ve done so well with drafting forwards right? Hahahah
I fully agree surrounding young players with vets that will help them. Monahan was a perfect example. But Dvorak is the exact opposite. He doesn't help any young player, he's a sub-player, he's barely an nhler. The only thing he does well is winning face-offs. His stats sucks year to year, he is in constant minus stat and on top of this he's injury prone. Not smiling, he seems to be sad being in Mtl.

I prefer giving icetime to a Rocket who deserve a stint in the nhl. A good reward is never a bad message to send.

Yeah, that guy is a jackass. He even has the face to go with it. I actually wonder if he's a Jets moderator as some of them are jackasses too.
Nick must have been embarrassed having to answer to that clown.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
For added context, the Jesse Pollock character from Bardown is a Jets fan and took the opportunity to throw a barb at Suzuki over the Monahan trade that had happened only half an hour before the livestream. You can tell how much Suzuki is affected by the loss of Monahan. Totally classless, juvenile behavior from clown Jesse.

Suzuki looks like he's having an existential crisis. He's probably aware Coach Bombay is now gonna play him 78 minutes a game.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON

Funny I mentioned using picks for an asset or 2 and I got castrated on here today lol what a base
Or we can walk away from the '24 draft with Cayden lidstrom and Dean Letourneau. Hows that for size down the middle?

Reactions: Runner77

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick

That Jesse guy has one of the most punchable faces. Sucker punching is not cool, but I would love to see it on him.

Yes, I would love to sucker punch that face. :box:

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Hell must have frozen over because most people on the main boards are praising the Habs right now and guess what, Jets fans don't like it. It's not like they got fleeced either -- Monahan is a pretty good player but the fact we're getting some positive attention is just too much to handle for these mental midgets.

Their team is 6th in the league but they'd rather focus on their hatred for the bottom feeding squad that's been living in their heads rent-free since 2021 lmao, too funny. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hell must have frozen over because most people on the main boards are praising the Habs right now and guess what, Jets fans don't like it. It's not like they got fleeced either -- Monahan is a pretty good player but the fact we're getting some positive attention is just too much to handle for these mental midgets.

Their team is 6th in the league but they'd rather focus on their hatred for the bottom feeding squad that's been living in their heads rent-free since 2021 lmao, too funny. :laugh:
Read some of the trade comments on their board and they can’t get themselves to admit anything favorable toward Habs fans. Their cop out line: « fans don’t decide trades ».

It’s angering most of them so much that the Jets gave up a 1st rounder that they can’t even appreciate the player coming in to help their team.

I used to cheer for the Jets as an underdog Canadian team but once I saw how petty and vindictive a lot of their fans are, it became a total turnoff. Let them marinate in their own bile.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
also looking at the ages of that vacation krew

Edmundson 30
Anderson 29
Allen 33
Dvorak 28

interesting how they seem to all be from an older cohort than the rest of the guys

Suzuki 24
Slaf 19
Caufield 23
Dach 23
Newhook 23
RHP 25
Guhle 22
Harris 23
Struble 22
Xhekaj 23

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Read some of the trade comments on their board and they can’t get themselves to admit anything favorable toward Habs fans. Their cop out line: « fans don’t decide trades ».

It’s angering most of them so much that the Jets gave up a 1st rounder that they can’t even appreciate the player coming in to help their team.

I used to cheer for the Jets as an underdog Canadian team but once I saw how petty and vindictive a lot of their fans are, it became a total turnoff. Let them marinate in their own bile.
I always find it instructive to read other teams’ board to gain an alternate perspective to a transaction. There is a large segment of the Jets’ fan base who view their team’s acquisition of Monahan a panic move/ reaction to the Jets losing out on the Lindholm sweepstakes. They see trading a first round draft choice for an often injured, non-dynamic, rental player as an over payment and a clear case of poor asset management.

They are right.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They are right.
It’s not about being right or wrong, that is usually debatable and as reasonable contributors, we can respectfully disagree.

It’s the vitriol and visceral hatred that adds nothing to the conversation. And when it comes to Habs-related content, you already know what you’re getting over there from several opinion leaders.

Back to the trade — glad you like how the Habs fared. I concur.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsQC and bsl

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
It’s not about being right or wrong, that is usually debatable and as reasonable contributors, we can respectfully disagree.

It’s the vitriol and visceral hatred that adds nothing to the conversation. And when it comes to Habs-related content, you already know what you’re getting over there from several opinion leaders.
Noted. But who cares?

There’s no shortage of ‘vitriol and visceral hatred’ affecting the world in much more important areas than hockey. It’s the human condition. People just got to hate. And we have our usual suspects here.

Its just a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad