Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
IMO, HuGo key rebuild strategy as already demonstrated is to upgrade assets via Dach / Newhook type deals.

Unfortunately I don’t believe a 25-32OA pick holds much value at all & even if packaged w a young D not named Guhle and maybe Struble won’t get an underachieving young NHL ready top-6 asset
Well, a pretty similar package got Newhook. So you never know. That was a late 1st (#31) a 2nd (#37) and AHL'er D Fairbrother.

Reactions: salbutera

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Do we pick up Julien Gauthier, now that Monahan has been traded?
i would personally. Laval needs to make the playoffs so I don't want to take Roy or Heinemen away. We could also cosplay him as the Mountie and beat up the enemy team since he is a Rougeau.

Reactions: rahad

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
There was a Bobrov interview a few months ago where he mentioned that they don't just evaluate a scout's performance based on who they draft but also on the reports they make for players they don't end up drafting.

So they aren't just attributing past failed picks as poor development, which we know was happening, they are looking at the whole picture which we as fans don't have access too.
If the players they choose to draft are the issue then maybe it's Bobrov and Lapointe who are the problem..

You need experienced and trustworthy people at the helm of the ship, and I've never believed in these two, my opinion being reinforced having watched the last two behind the draft videos.

Reactions: Nicko999

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
It sure does it gives Kent a lot of credibility in the league
Would love to see a players poll of what they think of each of the teams like what the Athletic recently did.

Don't think we have any data to reinforce that opinion yet (although I do believe it, MSL and Hughes are making a difference)

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
This was the right move, but if you think the Habs were lacking scoring depth before, watch what happens now.

Dach and Monahan were the guys that glued together what ever depth they had on forward.
I wonder who our centers will be until Newhook is back..

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I think I would. Great tools, worth seeing if he’ll put them together at the end of a season that means nothing on a roster desperate for warm bodies. Put him on the top line, I don’t care. Waive him again if he’s not a fit, he’s a great AHL player if he clears.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
This was the right move, but if you think the Habs were lacking scoring depth before, watch what happens now.

Dach and Monahan were the guys that glued together what ever depth they had on forward.
It will be hard to watch till the end of the season but it might change our 7th pick into a 6th, 5th or even a 4th.

Laval will send us someone, I hope Laval will make the PO and that's something important in their developpment.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
If the players they choose to draft are the issue then maybe it's Bobrov and Lapointe who are the problem..

You need experienced and trustworthy people at the helm of the ship, and I've never believed in these two, my opinion being reinforced having watched the last two behind the draft videos.
And if the lists created by the scouts was generally good and it was Timmins making the final decision then wouldn't it make sense that Hughes keeps most of the scouting staff and is fine with doing little more then hire Bobrov?

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Not a bad idea! He isn't a centre, but he is big and strong and local. Keep him up for the year and see what he does. Worst case scenario he is sent down to the AHL next season.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I feel bad for people having to pay hard earned money to watch this team the rest of the way.
This is always how it was supposed to look, frankly its looked better than it should have all things considered.

Reactions: jrom

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Not a bad idea! He isn't a centre, but he is big and strong and local. Keep him up for the year and see what he does. Worst case scenario he is sent down to the AHL next season.
We got lucky with Kovacevic. He should take a chance with Julien Gauthier. He only cost 800k and is only 26 years old.

Reactions: Bacchus1

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He play on the right wing. 6ft4, 26 years old and speak french. Would be perfect for us (with Monahan gone).

I mean I want RHP and Ylonen to get good ice time and they're already losing ice time to useless plugs like Gallagher, Person, and Armia. Do we need another plug winger? I think we need a center.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad