Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Interesting account by Pierre LeBrun, who was first to break the trade (BPM interview).

The Lindholm trade changed everything — 5 teams were in on him.

The 4 that were left out then started to scramble and it’s at that point that serious offers came in for Monahan.

It then came down to two very serious suitors, but neither offered what Hughes was looking for. Headway was made when eventually the Jets upped their offer and showed willingness to include a first round pick.

It appears that they were the only team willing to do so and Hughes considered Monahan’s injury history and the carryover effect of the Lindholm deal, and pulled the trigger.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Read some of the trade comments on their board and they can’t get themselves to admit anything favorable toward Habs fans. Their cop out line: « fans don’t decide trades ».

It’s angering most of them so much that the Jets gave up a 1st rounder that they can’t even appreciate the player coming in to help their team.

I used to cheer for the Jets as an underdog Canadian team but once I saw how petty and vindictive a lot of their fans are, it became a total turnoff. Let them marinate in their own bile.
There was a big Manitoba drug bust last week, they’re all just feeling the withdrawal.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
So I guess Evans become 2C and RHP 3C until the end of the season? Who else even is able to play center?

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Newhook-Evans-Anderson
Armia-RHP-Gallagher
Pezz-Stephens-Ylonen
Pearson (traded)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Read some of the trade comments on their board and they can’t get themselves to admit anything favorable toward Habs fans. Their cop out line: « fans don’t decide trades ».

It’s angering most of them so much that the Jets gave up a 1st rounder that they can’t even appreciate the player coming in to help their team.

I used to cheer for the Jets as an underdog Canadian team but once I saw how petty and vindictive a lot of their fans are, it became a total turnoff. Let them marinate in their own bile.

I tend to ignore/dismiss most main board hate on anything Habs. Two if the larger fanbases, Leafs and Bruins, hate us so they’ll pile on anything Habs related. Then there’s just jealousy of our historic success And how large our following is. Finally, for some franchises like Ottawa, there’s the “what about me” syndrome.

Of course, I am aware pockets of our fanbase is moronic (Slaf, Reinbacker, death threats to other players). While all fanbases do this, the sheer size of ours makes it seem worse. Still, end of the day we’re among the most hated and that’s ok. As long as we make the right decisions, I hope this triggers people.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Really? Then, take this!

4Bx0r3c.png

Whoever wrote that tweet either knows nothing about hockey or didn't watch Moneyhands play. Empty calorie scorer. What a bozo.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Main board is still in meltdown!! LOL

The conditions on the 27 pick 3rd rounder................what are the conditions? Jets win the cup and it becomes a ????

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Hell must have frozen over because most people on the main boards are praising the Habs right now and guess what, Jets fans don't like it. It's not like they got fleeced either -- Monahan is a pretty good player but the fact we're getting some positive attention is just too much to handle for these mental midgets.

Their team is 6th in the league but they'd rather focus on their hatred for the bottom feeding squad that's been living in their heads rent-free since 2021 lmao, too funny. :laugh:

I don't think they'll be upset after he becomes a great player for them. If he gets injured though, :popcorn:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Interesting account by Pierre LeBrun, who was first to break the trade (BPM interview).

The Lindholm trade changed everything — 5 teams were in on him.

The 4 that were left out then started to scramble and it’s at that point that serious offers came in for Monahan.

It then came down to two very serious suitors, but neither offered what Hughes was looking for. Headway was made when eventually the Jets upped their offer and showed willingness to include a first round pick.

It appears that they were the only team willing to do so and Hughes considered Monahan’s injury history and the carryover effect of the Lindholm deal, and pulled the trigger.

He's running this club like a business and I love it. I haven't been this excited since Gillett was the owner, and I'm curious to see where it goes from here. Hughes has already earned a lot of grace with some of the moves he has made, but time will tell over 5 years if we can draft.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
So I guess Evans become 2C and RHP 3C until the end of the season? Who else even is able to play center?

Newhook-Evans-Anderson
Armia-RHP-Gallagher
Pezz-Stephens-Ylonen
Pearson (traded)
Hughes dropped Stephens and Condotta’s names. I like Condotta’s game, moves well, seems tough and can actually play from the little I’ve seen.

Suzuki‘s line will get coverage-a-la-carte from 12 sets of fresh legs for the rest of the season for sure. Give the kid a superman cape and some xanax.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Jets fans should love this deal they are simply being brainwashed by the maim board experts :eyeroll:

Like someone pointed out the pick will only be ~12 spots higher that the 2nd round pick they got in the Dubois trade.

The last 2 guys the Jets took in the 20s were Vesalainen and Heinola give me a break

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Jets fans should love this deal they are simply being brainwashed by the maim board experts :eyeroll:

Like someone pointed out the pick will only be ~12 spots higher that the 2nd round pick they got in the Dubois trade.

The last 2 guys the Jets took in the 20s were Vesalainen and Heinola give me a break

for sure, this isn't the nfl, where the 1st two rounds are filled with nfl starters. you usually have a top crop of guys and then after 10 or so it's a total roll of the dice.

Reactions: Runner77

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I never said contend or to make knee jerk moves. Relying fully on drafting is irrational. Every good team has made moves during a rebuild to help it along. You know so our kids can actually have decent players to play with? It actually helps development. Dvorak is the answer though. Players will scoff yes. And they won’t sign when it’s that time. Moral is a thing. This isn’t a contest on what team can get the most draft picks. After all we’ve done so well with drafting forwards right? Hahahah

Funny I mentioned using picks for an asset or 2 and I got castrated on here today lol what a base
You draft first to get your top players, then if you have to fill holes you trade.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Meantime, Monty …

It gets better. Even Eddy joined the gang on vacation and he’s ripped AF.

However, nothing beats whatever it is Dvorak thought he was doing:

Oh, there they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hughes dropped Stephens and Condotta’s names. I like Condotta’s game, moves well, seems tough and can actually play from the little I’ve seen.

Suzuki‘s line will get coverage-a-la-carte from 12 sets of fresh legs for the rest of the season for sure. Give the kid a superman cape and some xanax.
Hughes also said Newhook will play center.

But I prefer hom on the wing and Condotta and Stephen's at C.

Reactions: Naslundforever

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002

Newhook-Evans-Anderson
Armia-RHP-Gallagher
Pezz-Stephens-Ylonen
Pearson (traded)
With those bottom two lines we certainly won't have to worry about losing our draft position.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad