OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't mind Happ. He pitched well with us.

Severino/Paxton/Tanaka/Happ/CC.

If we can nab someone like Bauer we are looking great.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I guess I missed the part where the NL is taking away 1b.

Might as well send Alonso to the Yankees.

I don't know if you realize this, but everyone is looking for guys to play multiple positions and we were talking about Andujar playing for the Mets.

I'm glad you realize that we have Alonso, because that's the primary reason we wouldn't want Andujar.

Not only that, he's never played 1st. That's Alonso's actual position.

The Yankees, who have zero ML 1st basemen on their roster, have not made any indication they'd move him there.

We don't have a DH in the NL. I don't see an NL team trading for him and saying he is the long term 1st base plan when he has never played the position.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: nyr2k2

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't know if you realize this, but everyone is looking for guys to play multiple positions and we were talking about Andujar playing for the Mets.

I'm glad you realize that we have Alonso, because that's the primary reason we wouldn't want Andujar.

Not only that, he's never played 1st. That's Alonso's actual position.

The Yankees, who have zero ML 1st basemen on their roster, have not made any indication they'd move him there.

We don't have a DH in the NL. I don't see an NL team trading for him and saying he is the long term 1st base plan when he has never played the position.

Hope this helps.

Andujar was never going to be a part of the Mets in any of these rumors but at least that makes sense.

Congrats btw, guess there really is a first time for everything.

Reactions: RGY

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Andujar was never going to be a part of the Mets in any of these rumors but at least that makes sense.

Congrats btw, guess there really is a first time for everything.

I look forward to congratulating you as well. No reason to yet.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I look forward to congratulating you as well. No reason to yet.

I'm not the one who said D'arnaud was better than Sanchez, Kinsler was going to make a huge difference for the Sox and take the starting spot away from Holt (his bat reverted back to what it had been, incase you didn't notice) or tried to move the goal posts on trashing Andujar by saying that his post was "Mets Centric" even though you clearly mentioned that he wouldn't be a fit on an "NL team."

It shouldn't be, but not being an idiot is something that should be congratulated. You should reconsider your position.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I still think their rotation isn’t good enough to win a World Series most years unless everything clicks like the 2015 Royals where meh guys like Volquez were on a roll. You really need every one of those guys to be on a hot streak when you’re up against teams like Houston, Boston, etc

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I still think their rotation isn’t good enough to win a World Series most years unless everything clicks like the 2015 Royals where meh guys like Volquez were on a roll. You really need every one of those guys to be on a hot streak when you’re up against teams like Houston, Boston, etc
I like the Paxton move but I'm otherwise unimpressed with this offseason so far.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I like the Paxton move but I'm otherwise unimpressed with this offseason so far.

I was surprised at first that people were as lukewarm on Paxton as they were. I guess I only remembered him from his insane first half last year and didn’t realize outside of that stretch he had generally been good but not great and injured often.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I was surprised at first that people were as lukewarm on Paxton as they were. I guess I only remembered him from his insane first half last year and didn’t realize outside of that stretch he had generally been good but not great and injured often.
He's a talented lefty who doesn't make a lot of money. There is injury risk but the potential reward is more than worth it.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Lol at the Yankees not having a 1B...

Theyre 1B’s have shown ability to play at the major league level already. Alonso hasnt yet. Bird was playing in the MLB at 23. Alonso didnt.

But hey whatever think what you need to. I’ll gladly keep Andujar’s bat who also has already proven it can stick at the MLB level and then some...at 23. Defense can absolutely be improved. Much of his issues are mental and habitual. That can be fixed with constant repetition in spring training.

Also BEYOND LOL that Mets fans wouldnt trade the great Zach Wheeler for Miguel Andujar. Mind blown at the insanity. Issues.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
That deal in July may not be there.

Plus you're giving up like 15ish starts where you're going to be running someone else out there. Florial should NOT be the breaking point between adding one of these guys or not.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Theyre 1B’s have shown ability to play at the major league level already. Alonso hasnt yet. Bird was playing in the MLB at 23. Alonso didnt.

But hey whatever think what you need to. I’ll gladly keep Andujar’s bat who also has already proven it can stick at the MLB level and then some...at 23. Defense can absolutely be improved. Much of his issues are mental and habitual. That can be fixed with constant repetition in spring training.

Also BEYOND LOL that Mets fans wouldnt trade the great Zach Wheeler for Miguel Andujar. Mind blown at the insanity. Issues.

I would trade Wheeler in a second. I’m not sure last year was for real and there’s plenty of speculation he’s not going to sign because he wants to go back to Atlanta. This is internal organization info which I’ve been getting for several years and tends to be reliable. They’re growing somewhat frustrated with his side’s lack of any interest in contract talks and if it doesn’t change by August he may be gone

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Even if you don't believe in Andujar's ability to play anywhere around the Diamond as the Mets, he'll have value to someone else who you could flip him to to get other pieces.

It's not as if you're tied to a player if you trade for them.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'm not the one who said D'arnaud was better than Sanchez, Kinsler was going to make a huge difference for the Sox and take the starting spot away from Holt (his bat reverted back to what it had been, incase you didn't notice) or tried to move the goal posts on trashing Andujar by saying that his post was "Mets Centric" even though you clearly mentioned that he wouldn't be a fit on an "NL team."

It shouldn't be, but not being an idiot is something that should be congratulated. You should reconsider your position.

You are right. I take back my potential congratulations.

And yes, my post on Andujar is both Mets centric and NL centric because the rumor of it costing him to get Syndergaard. It became NL based because if I'm an NL team, I would not trade for him because his own team won't even play him in a position they have nobody on their roster that can fill. They didn't even want him playing 3rd last year. They don't want him played 3rd this year either. His name is in every rumor of the Yankees making a big trade.

Yup, Kinsler's 2.4 WAR over Holt's 1.3 and Kinsler slashing .308/.367/.462 in the ALDS was all that I needed to see. Not to mention, he did make a difference for the Red Sox. It allowed Holt to become the super utility player he is and not an everyday guy, which he isn't. His defense, with the exception of slipping in G5 causing his throwing error, was also good.

And you bring up the d'Arnaud comment because I joked Sanchez isn't a catcher, because he can't catch the ball (see passed balls stat). Never said d'Arnaud was better than Sanchez.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
thor wont be going to the yankees. that isnt going to happen. our starting 5 right now even with vargas is strong. leave it alone. unless its a tor for a legit big bat every day player, not happening.

realmuto wont happen either as we arent willing to give both rosario and nimmo up. dead deal.

keep banging that realmuto drum and watch us sign grandal for just $ and comp picks or ramos.

the mets need to shore up the pen and that means robertson or miller plus. bet on one of those guys. the pen needs to be stronger. this staff will get you to the 6th then we need to shut the door until diaz can lock it up.

all thats left is one more bat especially if we do not make deal for jtr.

cesspool is the wild card here.

Reactions: JimmyG89

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
- Andujar hadn't been mentioned in any rumors until the Syndergaard stuff came up. It's only been the last few days where we've heard that he's readily available. Think that may have more to do with the team having other holes that they need to fill and a big time free agent who has interest in playing for the Yankees at Andujar's position more than it does them wanting to be rid of him.

- Kinsler OPS'd .602 with the Sox. I know sample sizes are an issue for you, but 5 games in the ALDS doesn't really make him an AMAZING pickup. Pretty sure most if not all of Holt's AB's came at 2b during the post season btw, where Kinsler's bat did nothing. If we're going to use WAR, I'm pretty certain Kinsler was in the negatives with Boston but hey, why let truth get in the way when you can do mental gymnastics instead.

- Surrreeee you did. I'd believe you if your forte wasn't moving goal posts and flip flopping, back tracking and doing flips just to try to make anything you say make sense.

tl;dr: You're a clown, dude.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
thor wont be going to the yankees. that isnt going to happen. our starting 5 right now even with vargas is strong. leave it alone. unless its a tor for a legit big bat every day player, not happening.

realmuto wont happen either as we arent willing to give both rosario and nimmo up. dead deal.

keep banging that realmuto drum and watch us sign grandal for just $ and comp picks or ramos.

the mets need to shore up the pen and that means robertson or miller plus. bet on one of those guys. the pen needs to be stronger. this staff will get you to the 6th then we need to shut the door until diaz can lock it up.

all thats left is one more bat especially if we do not make deal for jtr.

cesspool is the wild card here.

Agree with the bats and catching. I'd take Ramos over Grandal, if healthy (always his issue), but either one works for me. Need the RH OF to compliment Nimmo and Conforto. Lagares cannot be counted on for anything. Pollock or Adam Jones would be nice. Garcia if they want a corner only OF, but I think we need someone who can play CF.

Would like to look at Joe Kelly for the BP. His arm talent is through the roof. We need those kind of power arms to compliment Lugo and Gsellman who are not overpowering. I do like Robertson though and would not complain if he was the guy signed. Lukewarm on Miller cause of the injury history. I see them being in on Cody Allen as well. Hunter Strickland should be high on the list of names I'd want. Power out of the pen.

The guy not getting talked about for the bullpen is Herrera. Guy is a stud. His foot injury is no joke. Might lower his cost a little. I'd run the risk.

Jake Diekman is interesting in the same way that Kelly is. Lefty with gas. Down year in Arizona, but he was pitching his first full year after having his colon removed. Would be interested in seeing what he can do now. Tony Sipp is the best traditionally LOOGY I'd target.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Grandal is elite defensively. Can we stop the narrative he's bad? He's good at throwing, one of the best in the league at pitch framing, and does not actually allow an egregious amount of passed balls outside of a couple of bad playoff games. He is a better defensive catcher than both Realmuto and Ramos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad