OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Great, another guy who does nothing but hit homeruns.
giphy.gif

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
You don't pay someone who's never really played first base as a first basemen 35-40 mill per season.

Fixed.

A good fielding 1B is more valuable than a mediocre corner outfielder (what harper is) anyway. Problem is he'd also be a mediocre to bad 1B most likely.

But if he can get back to 2015 season and play at a more consistent rate at that level, he could get 40M and DH.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Honestly andujar for syndergaard kinda made me queazy.....I like Thor a lot..but I worry about him...

I don’t worry about the performance. He’s a stud when he’s healthy.

The latter part of that is where I worry. I think it would be a worthy gamble though, the upside is too high.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I can't see the first part at all. Andujar won't get you Syndergaard.

You greatly underestimate Andujar's value. Rookies who have seasons like that usually don't get traded and have tremendous value. Syndergaard doesn't have the value he had 3 years ago. Andujar is younger, has more team control years and isn't in line for a raise into the double digits like Syndergaard is. He also doesn't have the injury history that Syndergaard does.

Honestly, I'd rather deal for Kluber. Syndergaard being stupid and getting all stiff and jacked up and then getting hurt is going to shorten his career drastically. I have a real bad feeling about it.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

The latter part of that is where I worry. I think it would be a worthy gamble though, the upside is too high.
Yeah...the healthy part is what's worrisome...and what's between his ears.....he strikes me as a friggin idiot.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
You greatly underestimate Andujar's value. Rookies who have seasons like that usually don't get traded and have tremendous value. Syndergaard doesn't have the value he had 3 years ago. Andujar is younger, has more team control years and isn't in line for a raise into the double digits like Syndergaard is. He also doesn't have the injury history that Syndergaard does.

Honestly, I'd rather deal for Kluber. Syndergaard being stupid and getting all stiff and jacked up and then getting hurt is going to shorten his career drastically. I have a real bad feeling about it.

When healthy Syndergaard is top-5/top-10 pitcher in the game.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

If Andujar is all it takes I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Yeah...the healthy part is what's worrisome...and what's between his ears.....he strikes me as a friggin idiot.

Good thing for you won’t have to worry about such things. I’ll be fine not having to see Syndergaard in a Yankee uniform any time soon.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

He’s a loose cannon, but how much of that was because of the environment he was in? Mets kind of let these guys do whatever they wanted.

To one winged angels point, his power power power approach to pitching and training just isn’t smart. If you’re trading for him, you hope that his arm doesn’t go boom for at least another 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad