OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
There was a tweet saying the Mets are getting less and less confident about a deal getting done. Don’t ask me to embed it from my phone.

Ramos should be target #1. Or Grandal if you don't mind losing a draft pick.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Ramos should be target #1. Or Grandal if you don't mind losing a draft pick.

Unfortunately, because we’re the Mets, we can only spend so much. Myself, I would put more emphasis on bullpen help, which would preclude the Mets from spending big at CF and C. Ideally, the Mets should sign two relievers, Pollock and Grandal. But, I’ve seen this movie before and I know the ending.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Wouldn't even trade Wheeler for Andujar

Guy is the Yankees version of Devers. He's going to be relegated to 1st or DH in a few seasons because his defense won't allow him to stay on the field.

Until the NL adopts the DH, he has no room on an NL team long term.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Guy is the Yankees version of Devers. He's going to be relegated to 1st or DH in a few seasons because his defense won't allow him to stay on the field.

Until the NL adopts the DH, he has no room on an NL team long term.

I guess I missed the part where the NL is taking away 1b.

Might as well send Alonso to the Yankees.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
When healthy Syndergaard is top-5/top-10 pitcher in the game.

That's the problem. He has a massive injury history and the type of his injuries worry me even more than a normal injury.

Changing your body type to throw harder in a profession where having that type of body can actually hurt you is A MAJOR cause for concern.

Why the hell would he all of a sudden be so available?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Wouldn't even trade Wheeler for Andujar

Ok. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I can tell you right now the Yankees wouldn't. I don't like to talk as I'm a GM or speak in absolutes, but Brian Cashman himself excluded him from talks for Gerrit Cole... he's not gonna trade him for one healthy and good half season from Wheeler.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Wheeler was good last season. He cut back on walks.

I understand that, but as I stated before, it was literally a half season and this is the first season he's remained healthy.

Cashman has excluded Andujar as a pure prospect from trades for better pitchers, most notably Gerrit Cole. There's no way in hell, he would trade him for a still relatively unproven Zack Wheeler.

Reactions: RGY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad