OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It sounds like it’s going to be Maldonado most likely. D’arnaud would likely get most of the starts if healthy aside from the Syndergaard ones. Assuming guys like Conforto, Cano, Frazier, Alonso can stay healthy they don’t need a catcher who’s going to hit 300 and drive in 80

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
It sounds like it’s going to be Maldonado most likely. D’arnaud would likely get most of the starts if healthy aside from the Syndergaard ones. Assuming guys like Conforto, Cano, Frazier, Alonso can stay healthy they don’t need a catcher who’s going to hit 300 and drive in 80

Which likely means they’re going after Pollock in CF.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
And yes, my post on Andujar is both Mets centric and NL centric because the rumor of it costing him to get Syndergaard. It became NL based because if I'm an NL team, I would not trade for him because his own team won't even play him in a position they have nobody on their roster that can fill. They didn't even want him playing 3rd last year. They don't want him played 3rd this year either. His name is in every rumor of the Yankees making a big trade.
None of this is true. The NL side of things is your opinion. And while it may be shared by some Evaluators, it isn't a general consensus.

Secondly, where are you getting the Yankees didn't want to play Andujar at 3B last year? They acquired Drury as an insurance and quite honestly to buy Andujar a little more time to work on his defensive game in AAA to start last season. Drury got hurt, Andujar was promoted and Yanks never looked back. If they really did not want Andujar playing 3B, they would not have traded Drury to the Jays in the middle of a playoff run. So this is completely false. Up until yesterday, the Yankees were not open to trading Andujar. That was reported all over Twitter. So clearly there was an intention to keep Andujar and to have him play 3B. Cashman has already been on record as saying they believe Andujar can absolutely improve his defensive play. He is only 23 years old.

And lastly, this guy is coming up in trade rumors for the likes of Kluber/Bauer/Syndergaard for a reason. The kid almost, and should have, won the AL ROY. He raked. There is a reason his name is coming up, reluctantly. Stop being ignorant stating claims to fit your narrative.

If you don't feel comfortable trading Syndergaard, that is completely fine. But please don't talk out of your ass and make shit up about Andujar and the Yankees organizational beliefs. I have no problem keeping him, defense can be improved. You can continue to wallow away with your 3B options moving forward for next year and in the future.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Which likely means they’re going after Pollock in CF.

Which I don’t get at all. His numbers aren’t very good considering he plays in a hitters park (outside of being able to hit homeruns) and he’s always injured

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
- Andujar hadn't been mentioned in any rumors until the Syndergaard stuff came up. It's only been the last few days where we've heard that he's readily available. Think that may have more to do with the team having other holes that they need to fill and a big time free agent who has interest in playing for the Yankees at Andujar's position more than it does them wanting to be rid of him.

- Kinsler OPS'd .602 with the Sox. I know sample sizes are an issue for you, but 5 games in the ALDS doesn't really make him an AMAZING pickup. Pretty sure most if not all of Holt's AB's came at 2b during the post season btw, where Kinsler's bat did nothing. If we're going to use WAR, I'm pretty certain Kinsler was in the negatives with Boston but hey, why let truth get in the way when you can do mental gymnastics instead.

- Surrreeee you did. I'd believe you if your forte wasn't moving goal posts and flip flopping, back tracking and doing flips just to try to make anything you say make sense.

tl;dr: You're a clown, dude.

It's okay to not quote me though.

D'arnaud joke cause Sanchez can't catch: OT: - MLB Thread - Part XVI: Come On. Do Something.

Side note on that: I didn't even bring up d'Arnaud in the discussion. It was about McCann and how the Yankees would like to have him around to catch because Sanchez forgot how to.

Once again, Kinsler playing 2nd allowed Holt to be used in a utility role and not play everyday. Was he an amazing pickup? No, but he wasn't bad. Adding depth and letting someone fill a role they are good at as opposed to starting. It was a solid move. He was good enough to do that against Yankees pitching though. See my post below.

OT: - MLB Thread Part XXI: Title Still TBD

Of note: you are the one claiming I said "super duper awesome move". Never said that. Said he wasn't done and was doing well outside of a leadoff role.
You sure do project about the goalposts being moved though :dunce:.

And it has not been the last few days for Andujar. He forced them to put him at 3rd. The job was set to be Drury's and his blurred vision and migraines were the reason he came up. Cashman continually saying he wasn't ready. Said the same thing about Torres, but I don't see his name in rumors (because they actually want to keep him).

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
And just as an add on: Machado is available, he has provided gold glove level defense at 3rd while being a force offensively for years now.

Machado has interest in the Yankees, Yankees have interest in Machado.

This is why Andujar is being dangled, not because they don't like him (plus, they also have a need in the rotation.) Torres plays up the middle, they need him.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Funny, I don't seem to remember Andujar being dangled by the Yankees last year, he was in rumors, but never available. You may wanna check your twitter feed again.

They signed Drury because they felt he needed more time, Drury got hurt, Andujar came up, performed - Drury got traded. Funny, if they really didn't like him, they would have tried to find a taker for him at the deadline wouldn't they? Or they would have had no issue dealing him for Cole (which they didn't.)

No nerve struck my dude, just pointing out how ridiculous your rationalization is. I'm pretty sure you know that too if thats the best you've got.

You're the last person who should be casting stones about spinning bull shit when you've spent the better part of the day doing it.

Hurry up now, I think that second load is done.

Reactions: RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Someone went crying to a mod...

OTOH it's probably for the best, How about some actual baseball conversation?

Sherman just on MLBN with Chris Russo.

He believes that once the Yankees traded Paxton, the next move had to be signing a pitcher. He feels Yanks have traded a lot these past two seasons. He thinks (as said before) that it would be best to hold onto prospects for July trade. He thinks the Yanks didn't like the prices for Bumgarner/Kluber/etc.

Also, if anyone was watching the show, man was that a tense interview with Tony La Russa. Russo was not backing down regarding Baines and Tony was getting pissed.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Sherman just on MLBN with Chris Russo.

He believes that once the Yankees traded Paxton, the next move had to be signing a pitcher. He feels Yanks have traded a lot these past two seasons. He thinks (as said before) that it would be best to hold onto prospects for July trade. He thinks the Yanks didn't like the prices for Bumgarner/Kluber/etc.

Also, if anyone was watching the show, man was that a tense interview with Tony La Russa. Russo was not backing down regarding Baines and Tony was getting pissed.

Have they though?

I guess the Gray trade was pretty heavy (though the impact of those guys is still yet to be determined) but other than that, they've been pretty reasonable in terms of hanging onto their guys.

I get wanting to not have a barren system, but their depth is still there even if it isn't really at the upper levels.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Have they though?

I guess the Gray trade was pretty heavy (though the impact of those guys is still yet to be determined) but other than that, they've been pretty reasonable in terms of hanging onto their guys.

I get wanting to not have a barren system, but their depth is still there even if it isn't really at the upper levels.
I think it his hard to make presumptions while not knowing what the Indians and Giants asking price is right now. The price could be extremely high in which Cash looks at it and says lets at least add Happ so we have the insurance and hope that the price comes down on those guys.

And then there's this...make the move and recoup some assets:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

So if Phillies are out, I believe it has to be the Yankees. I don't see Happ wanting to go back to Toronto to finish out his career. Houston? Eh maybe. But I think I read he wants to stay on the East Coast.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Can someone explain why Machado is that much better of a player as compared to Stanton?

I'm looking at their stat lines as career averages over 162games

Stanton
43HR
109RBI
.268 BA
.358 OBP

Machado
31HR
90RBI
.282 BA
.335 OBP

Machado is 26 as compared to Stanton's 29 so he has had about 2-3 yeas to help pad his stats in his prime years a bit, but are the numbers THAT different to the point that people REALLY WANT Machado but shit on Stanton?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He's a worse hitter and a much better defender.

I get that Machado plays a prime position and is a very good defender, but Stanton makes $26m, and then $29m, and yet Machado is asking for $30m, so he will make more.

I guess my question is, can someone point out why they should be completely valued at polar opposite ends of the spectrum like I see most people post?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Machado owns a career 134 wRC+, .369 wOBA, .311 avg with RISP

Stanton owns a career 122 wRC+, .350 wOBA, .261 avg with RISP

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Machado is a beast.

They'd be nuts not to go after him if he wants to come here and is willing to play 3rd (which he has said he is) just because he didn't run out a ground ball and acted like a dildo on national television.

Reggie Jackson was an asshat too.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Machado owns a career 134 wRC+, .369 wOBA, .311 avg with RISP

Stanton owns a career 122 wRC+, .350 wOBA, .261 avg with RISP

So this makes sense as to why people love Machado, but aren't Stanton's numbers still good?

122 wRC+, .350 wOBA and .261 avg with RISP (right in line with his regular average) tells me he is a very good player as well?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Machado is a beast.

They'd be nuts not to go after him if he wants to come here and is willing to play 3rd (which he has said he is) just because he didn't run out a ground ball and acted like a ***** on national television.

Reggie Jackson was an asshat too.

I think Jackson was just unfriendly much like most claim Mantle was but that was mostly off the field. Machado is flat out disrespectful at times. I don’t think Hal is as receptive to that sort of player as George was. For example I highly doubt guys like Howe, Gooden, Strawberry are ever kept/signed with him. He definitely puts image before winning when necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad