OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Simmonds is better because he does it as at a tougher position. Machado tried to play SS and it went poorly

Right and relative to other SS, he's better than MM is to other 3B. Baseball ref says he's 184 fielding runs above average since coming into the league. I don't think any SS is close to that. And I don't think that includes a positional adjustment in that number either.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Simmons is the best defensive player I’ve ever seen.

Machado/arenado are great and Chapman is phenomenal as well, but they’re not Simmons level because no one is.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Omar Vizquel. No one I've ever seen was on his level. He was automatic.
That was my thought as well. Though, I feel like there was about a five-year period where Rey Ordonez was as good as Omar or Ozzie or anyone. He didn't have the longevity, of course. But for that peak...he was something else.

Also, Keith Hernandez, I had the pleasure of seeing the end of his career. He was amazing, as far as 1B go. Great range, and man could he pick them. The Metsies also had John Olerud who was an all-time great with the glove, IMO.

That whole Mets infield of Ventura, Ordonez, Alfonzo, and Olerud grades out by many metrics as being the best-ever defensively.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Every tweet that comes out says something to the effect of "the Yankees have talked but it didn't really go anywhere because they won't agree on a price."

We're prospect hugging again.

Or teams are asking ridiculous returns. If we overpay people would be quick to bitch and moan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad