OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

If all these Realmuto rumors are to be believed, I havent seen a GM this obsessed over a player since Cashman with Dustin Ackley circa 2009-2014.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm a Yankees fan but this would be a bad trade for the Mets.

Isnt elite SP more valuable then an elite catcher?

No.

Catchers play every day and Thor has some health concerns... pretty big ones intact, he scares me tbh but if he’s healthy, he’s a monster.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if denbo really, really really likes andujar. But I can’t imagine that’s all the Yankees would be sending. Has to be more and probably something substantial.

Reactions: RGY

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The only upside to trading Syndergaard would be the death of that goddamn Mr Met fake feud he and the club carry on.

Reactions: RGY

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Maybe something like:

Mets:
Realmuto
Andujar

Yankees:
Syndergaard
T. Frazier?

Marlins:
Rosario
Loaisiga
C. Frazier

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Maybe something like:

Mets:
Realmuto
Andujar

Yankees:
Syndergaard
T. Frazier?

Marlins:
Rosario
Loaisiga
C. Frazier
Dont see this happening without Andujar going to Miami.

I see arms going in different directions from Yanks. Loasigia to the Mets. Mike Ford and Chance Adams to the Marlins

I then see Mets signing a bargain for SS. Yanks sign Machado

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

That's a couple people saying Thor is unlikely to go in this deal. Which makes sense. Seems like the Mets could get Realmuto without Syndergaard being involved at all, if they want, and then they could theoretically use him for something else (though acquiring Realmuto leaves some need at CF but not really anywhere else).

Having Thor in a Realmuto deal just doesn't make sense. He's arguably the most valuable piece, so to package him for any one other player would be crazy.

Gordon Bombay

Built for the HFNYR Offseason
Oct 13, 2006

That's a couple people saying Thor is unlikely to go in this deal. Which makes sense. Seems like the Mets could get Realmuto without Syndergaard being involved at all, if they want, and then they could theoretically use him for something else (though acquiring Realmuto leaves some need at CF but not really anywhere else).

Having Thor in a Realmuto deal just doesn't make sense. He's arguably the most valuable piece, so to package him for any one other player would be crazy.

Now that makes sense. Nimmo can theoretically be replaced by Pollock in FA and you keep the rotation together.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Now that makes sense. Nimmo can theoretically be replaced by Pollock in FA and you keep the rotation together.
Yeah the upgrade from our current C's to Realmuto would be huge. The downgrade from Nimmo to Pollock would also be large, but probably not as big as the improvement on the other side.

There's also stuff out there saying the Mets were talking to the Rangers, about pitching (from us) and outfielders (from them). So the Mets have a million things going on. That's why no one should get too bent out of shape about any single tweet--I've read BVW has a ton of things he's juggling and that definitely seems to be the case. Unless something comes out as "imminent," I wouldn't get too excited.

I'll give BVW credit, people worried he couldn't manage a front office. He's been filling the coaching staff and working a ton of trade possibilities, in a short period. He seems to be acquitting himself well.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

But the Yankees wouldn't even sign the #1 prospect in baseball at the time for just money; instead opting for Stephen Drew for another season. I miss when they were the biggest evil empire in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad