Player Discussion Mitch Marner

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Never has a team said they need to top off with a high salaried, disinterested, perimeter player. I think you’d be looking for a Marchand, Point type of player.
But the term has to be fair. He's not a top 6 player for his country even right now
If u get him for Nylander money ok .the cap m8ght be 100 million by then
But we will waste a year running it back

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Wow! Quartexx Management's Social Media Security Contractor Rocket Security is really busy trying to "influence" today.

Don't worry, Marner is unlikely to get traded at the draft. Save your money, and ramp it up after Marner's bonus is paid on July 1st.

See ya then!
Not if this site performs like it did last night, server’s a joke……….

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
But the term has to be fair. He's not a top 6 player for his country even right now
If u get him for Nylander money ok .the cap m8ght be 100 million by then
But we will waste a year running it back
He’s a top 9 and will play a lot in the tournament and will a valuable player on Team Canada.
It isn’t all about money or cap hit.
This year, like last year, was always going to be write-off season.

If they let him walk and Cowen and Minton don’t hit, then we’re on Matthews watch.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He’s a top 9 and will play a lot in the tournament and will a valuable player on Team Canada.
It isn’t all about money or cap hit.
This year, like last year, was always going to be write-off season.

If they let him walk and Cowen and Minton don’t hit, then we’re on Matthews watch.
Just like Marner, 34 and the rest of the core are playoff turkeys, the threat of losing any or all of them doesn’t worry me in the least………

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I don't know how anybody contrasts the language Treliving used with re-signing Matthews and Nylander with the language he's using with re-signing Marner and think their intention is to re-sign him no matter what.

It may not happen, but they certainly want to move him. You can easily read that much between the lines.

Reactions: Chindis

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
When I remove Marner from the lineup and then build a team, I end up at the conclusion that this team would be unstoppable if I can now get my hands on a Marner to top it off.

He stay.
Good start by moving Marner to facilitate building a team and then trade for him in 4 years as the finishing piece. Everyone wins.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
It’s so true, there is always going to be a scapegoat, and this year it is Mitch. Admittedly, if he carried himself better and didn’t refer to be treated as a god-like figure things may not be so bad for him. But I think most of you forget how talented he is and how hard it is to find players like him.

he had a shit playoffs, no doubt, but the major change needs to be Tavares. Some say he will be willing to sign cheap and that makes things tenable. Not sure I agree. Why aren’t folks more focused on him? He is the captain, produces much less, and adds nothing in terms of pk.

I still say the biggest change for this team has already been made with Berube, but I understand that some don’t buy it. Changing the way the team plays is going to make the biggest difference imo. Then focusing on D.

Berube will get the most out of him, that’s what good coaches do. He’s a 100pt player when fully healthy that can play all situations.

Most of us will remember this, no reason he can’t do this again.

Reactions: 666

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Nice summary of 339 pages. This thread is a big nothing burger.
are-you-not-entertained.gif

Reactions: myleafs and rumman

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It’s so true, there is always going to be a scapegoat, and this year it is Mitch. Admittedly, if he carried himself better and didn’t refer to be treated as a god-like figure things may not be so bad for him. But I think most of you forget how talented he is and how hard it is to find players like him.

he had a shit playoffs, no doubt, but the major change needs to be Tavares. Some say he will be willing to sign cheap and that makes things tenable. Not sure I agree. Why aren’t folks more focused on him? He is the captain, produces much less, and adds nothing in terms of pk.

I still say the biggest change for this team has already been made with Berube, but I understand that some don’t buy it. Changing the way the team plays is going to make the biggest difference imo. Then focusing on D.

Berube will get the most out of him, that’s what good coaches do. He’s a 100pt player when fully healthy that can play all situations.

Most of us will remember this, no reason he can’t do this again.

We were thrilled when he blocked that shot and thought they were on the right path. Unfortunately, he said screw that crap and decided it’s not worth the sacrifice.

Reactions: ToneDog and myleafs

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
We were thrilled when he blocked that shot and thought they were on the right path. Unfortunately, he said screw that crap and decided it’s not worth the sacrifice.
That’s an assumption on your part, but I get it. I have a different one, and it’s that Keefe and the coaching staff have played a big part in the player we have seen recently. He was different under Babcock. That’s not a feather in the cap for Babcock, but goes to show you that playing style is dictated by coaching.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I get the backlash. But I haven’t seen anything that improves our team in terms of trade. They are namely just dreams. Marner’s value now is low, and he won’t sign long term because of it, and we won’t get back the value we expect in a trade. It just won’t happen. If he doesn’t change under Berube they will let him walk. It’s too difficult to pull off iMo. He is more than capable of improving. He is not the ‘addition by subtraction’ type some are making him out to be. That is just emotional overreaction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad