Around the NHL 2023-2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, nothing that has been done is something that I would've done. Stephenson s still available, and Nashville is likely out of the running for him. I'm fine that Army is letting others make moves first.

Kind of hoping we are in on a Pinto trade.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I hate watching everyone else open their toys and we get kap, but I don't see any deals done yet that I really wish were by us.
Totally agree. It’s fun to have shiny new toys but I’ve yet to see a deal I wish the Blues had signed. Especially once you factor in the reality of those players wanting to sign here.

I don’t even like the one signing we did - I was ready to move on from Kap.

Reactions: Blueston

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Totally agree. It’s fun to have shiny new toys but I’ve yet to see a deal I wish the Blues had signed. Especially once you factor in the reality of those players wanting to sign here.

Hey, our fun in the sun day in 2018 was pretty epic when Perron, Bozak, and Maroon signed and ROR was acquired on the same day.

Good times.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

I was too, but at 1x1 i can't get worked up about it.

Reactions: Blueswin

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I agree, I do hope that this is how teams start viewing 8 year deals. If you want an 8 year deal, you need an actual yearly discount. I know that won't be the case, but that would be my hope. It's definitely a situation similar to Bergeron in Boston with his discouted deals where he just wants to stay on the team and allow them to continue to contend.

Too bad Petro didn't get that memo.

Crazy kick off to free agency. Nashville going crazy.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Perron to OTT

Dallas is missing out on everyone and Duchene hasn't yet been resigned. LOL
Nill is GM of the Year x2 and all, but.......messy down there.

Borderline WC team next season.

Rumors of Jack Campbell going back to Dallas. LMFAO

Last edited:

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Wow, people on Twitter/X really expected us to be signing multiple big name players.
If we had an offseason that casual hockey fans were excited about, it likely would've been shortsighted strategy and detrimental long-term.

I'm glad the Blues are being realistic. A bottom 10 finish is probably the best thing for us.

It's not fun. It's not sexy. But it's probably what needs to be done.

Reactions: Majorityof1

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Hard to be inspired by us sitting on our hands. But it was kind of expected.

I think the last domino that would make sense to jump on for the Blues would be Stephenson.

Would actually be pretty optimistic about a forward group of

Neighbors - Thomas - Buch
Texier - Stephenson - Kyrou
Bolduc - Schenn - Saad
Torpo - Sunny - Kapanen
Alexandrov
Walker

Lot of added speed with Stephenson. Just hope that we wouldn't do a long-term deal with where we're at.

Still irks me that we don't have our 2nd with everyone loading up. But at the same time we have a boatload of prospects currently and aren't in an awful spot with our forward group

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
So, are we thinking this is probably the last deal Perron is gonna sign? I think so, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him come back in some sort of coaching/development role, especially when Steen becomes full time GM

Reactions: Drubilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad